Windows 10: Cortana Search Pop-Up while Bluetooth Speaker is On

Discus and support Cortana Search Pop-Up while Bluetooth Speaker is On in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm currently experiencing a bit of a strange problem. I have a Beoplay A1 speaker that I often use with my laptop running Windows 10, however... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Agondray, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Agondray Win User

Cortana Search Pop-Up while Bluetooth Speaker is On

Hi,

I'm currently experiencing a bit of a strange problem. I have a Beoplay A1 speaker that I often use with my laptop running Windows 10, however while using it I will constantly be interrupted by a search box pop-up. I have been unable to identify why this is happening. This problem has been going on for months now. Would appreciate any help.

I have included a screenshot of the search box that pops up. Cortana Search Pop-Up while Bluetooth Speaker is On b3433011-3868-4e91-ba11-d41116e217fa?upload=true.png

:)

Agondray, Nov 14, 2018
  2. Arily Win User

Bluetooth Speaker No Settings Available.

Hello, So I recently purchased a Bluetooth LED Light Bulb Speaker...(it looked interesting *shrugs*)
    The sound is decent for what it is, I just have one problem. If I'm watching a video on YouTube for example and it's someone talking. When they stop talking and the begin to talk again there is a popping sound and a few milliseconds are cut off...almost as if the speakers went to power saving mode while no audio is playing. This happens if there is a couple seconds of no talking to one minute of no talking it doesn't matter. The Bluetooth LED Bulb itself has no settings I can mess with and I've searched threw settings within Windows 10. The Power Management for the Bluetooth itself is set to not go to sleep which I understand this is a different setting than the actual speaker. So I'm at a loss and don't know what to do.

Any Suggestions?

Arily, Nov 14, 2018
  3. G. Meeker Win User
    Cortana Bluetooth Speaker

I believe the problem is cortana is trying to use the bluetooth speaker as a mic.

- Click underneath Microphone (in Cortana settings) where it says Make Sure Cortana can hear me "Get Started".

- It will then have a Speech screen where it asks you to select the Device to troubleshoot.

- I changed from the non-existent mic in the bluetooth speaker to internal speaker in the tablet.

- Ran through the test.

Now Works!

I appreciate the suggestion on feedback for the bluetooth mic, but if they couldn't figure out why people need a bluetooth mic with a voice assistant it seems kind of an useless effort to submit feedback. This all use to work, kind of like submitting
    feedback to Chevy requesting that the include tires to come with the new trucks they are selling. (Please don't take this as your fault or anything)

G. Meeker, Nov 14, 2018
  4. Cortana Search Pop-Up while Bluetooth Speaker is On

Cortana Bluetooth Speaker

Hi,

The issue that you are having with using Bluetooth speakers can be caused by a corrupted driver. To resolve such issue, we suggest that you do the steps below:

• Get the latest Bluetooth drivers from the manufacturer's website.
    • Right-click on the Start button, then select Device Manager.
    • Select Bluetooth, then the Bluetooth driver
      name.
    • Right-click on driver and then select Uninstall device >Delete the driver software for this device check box >
      Uninstall.
    • After uninstalling, right-click the driver that's having the issue, select
      Update driver
      > Browse my computer for driver software.
    • Select Browse > look for the drivers you've just downloaded >
      OK.
    • Select Next > follow the steps to install the driver >
      Close
    • Restart your computer.

Regarding using Cortana with a Bluetooth microphone, it is not possible at the moment. We encourage you to share your feedback about making Cortana work with a Bluetooth microphone by using the Feedback Hub. You can also check if somebody else has already
    offered the same suggestion. You can vote for it or leave a comment. For more information on Feedback Hub, see our support
    article
    and .

In order to submit new feedback, please follow these steps:

1. On a Windows 10 device, search for Feedback Hub in Cortana
    search, then launch the app.

2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback.

3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.

4. Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop monitoring when you’re done.

5. Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.

6. Click Continue using Feedback Hub.

7. Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).

8. Open the item you submitted, then click Share.

9. Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like Storefronts Tools<unique link>).

Update us about the status of the issue.

Angela Pun, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

Cortana Search Pop-Up while Bluetooth Speaker is On

1. Cortana Search Pop-Up while Bluetooth Speaker is On - Similar Threads - Cortana Search Pop

2. Cortana Pop-Ups

in Cortana
    Cortana Pop-Ups: I downloaded Windows10 after the 8.1 end of service. Since my old laptop does not have a microphone, and I don't feel I need one, Cortana is meaningless. I have read here that eliminating Cortana is complicated. I would be happy to just get rid of the "sign in to Cortana" box...
  3. Cortana Pop-Ups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana Pop-Ups: I downloaded Windows10 after the 8.1 end of service. Since my old laptop does not have a microphone, and I don't feel I need one, Cortana is meaningless. I have read here that eliminating Cortana is complicated. I would be happy to just get rid of the "sign in to Cortana" box...
  4. Cortana Pop-Ups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. News & Interests pops up then disappears (also Search and Cortana)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News & Interests pops up then disappears (also Search and Cortana): I have eight win10 machines in my home. They are all up to date, and today "News & Interests" showed up on all eight machines (after rebooting). They all work as expected except my primary laptop, which shows the Icon (or Icon and Text) just fine in the taskbar, but when I...
  6. Cortana constantly popping up

in Cortana
    Cortana constantly popping up: hello my laptop is running windows 10 and out of no where a box keeps popping up for Cortana. i am sick of it constantly popping up. i signed in thinking this would stop it but has not. i am at my wits ends to sort it. doesnt anyone know how to stop when your not clicking...
  7. Cortana constantly popping up

in Cortana
    Cortana constantly popping up: I see this problem and its "solutions," which always seem to involve disarming some of the touchpad. I don't use my touchpad and have it turned off. I have never had this particular problem until I did a reinstall of Win 10. Sometimes happens 4-5 times a minute. Obviously...
  8. Cortana pop ups/selfy

in Cortana
    Cortana pop ups/selfy: Cortana pops up about 11pm, just out of the blue, One night Cortana pops up and says "How about a selfy" laying there naked it was all I could to block the screen... That is creepy, I would like Cortana to stop everything unless I ask for it? Was this a programmer joke.? WTH...
  9. cortana pop ups

in Cortana
    cortana pop ups: HELP! I am ready to throw my computer away because of the cortana pop ups. Is there any way to at least shrink it or remove it completely unless I ask for help? I tried my settings and control panel and access and advanced and find no way to do this. please Microsoft, do...
  10. Cortana Search Pop-Up while Bluetooth Speaker is On

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Pop-Up while Bluetooth Speaker is On: Hi, I'm currently experiencing a bit of a strange problem. I have a Beoplay A1 speaker that I often use with my laptop running Windows 10, however while using it I will constantly be interrupted by a search box pop-up. I have been unable to identify why this is happening....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Hi cortana I am trying to connect a Bluetooth on this machine to Bluetooth bangos on speaker can you help me