Windows 10: Cortana/SearchUI.exe CPU load & not always suspending, build 10586

Discus and support Cortana/SearchUI.exe CPU load & not always suspending, build 10586 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; One of my PCs has developed a new problem with the November update. When I open the start menu, Cortana's CPU usage spikes to 50% and higher (total CPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by xtcrefugee, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Cortana/SearchUI.exe CPU load & not always suspending, build 10586

One of my PCs has developed a new problem with the November update. When I open the start menu, Cortana's CPU usage spikes to 50% and higher (total CPU load hits 100%) which causes a noticeable lag when scrolling in the all programs menu. When the start menu is closed the process' usage usually drops and then it suspends, but for some reason this doesn't always happen and it can remain there for several minutes hammering the CPU.

I have Cortana disabled on this particular machine, inc. history. This problem wasn't there before the current update. I'm also not asking for ways to disable SearchUI, I see there are already many threads about that here.

Any ideas about what could be the cause?

:)

xtcrefugee, Nov 15, 2015

2. I cannot find Apps or Programs by using the taskbar search.

After I restarted Cortana, I still couldn't search for apps using the taskbar search.

I decided to go to the details on Cortana using the Task Manager and noticed that "SearchUI.exe" was suspended.

Could this be the cause of the problem?

Is there anyway to get "SearchUI.exe" to run again?

MichaelLF412, Nov 15, 2015
  3. blinchik Win User
    High Disk Utilization 100%

Problem: Upgraded from 8.1 to 10. after few month noticed high disk utilization (every few seconds disk running at 100%). ShellExperienceHost.exe was causing high cpu and memory usage. Found a temporary solution by running following command

in admin mode: net stop superfetch

this command suspends ShellExperiencehost.exe and SearchUI.exe (Cortana?).

I don't really use Cortana on my laptop and wondering how I can permanently disable these 2 processes as they come out from suspend to active mode after awhile.

Are any downsides to disabling these processes completely?

Thank you!

blinchik, Nov 15, 2015
Thema:

Cortana/SearchUI.exe CPU load & not always suspending, build 10586

1. Cortana/SearchUI.exe CPU load & not always suspending, build 10586 - Similar Threads - Cortana SearchUI exe

2. Cortana is suspended

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana is suspended: I've been looking why it wasn't working for the past year but couldn't find anything 'till I saw it in task manager with wrote with an italic font "suspended". How do I "unsuspend" it? submitted by /u/minecraft_weeb [link] [comments]...
  3. Cortana Suspended.

in Cortana
    Cortana Suspended.: Hello, Last week I noticed that Cortana suddenly couldn't connect to the internet anymore. It made no sense since my internet works fine. But then I took a look at the task manager and saw a green leaf in front of Cortana. This suspension will no lift even when I launch. I...
  4. Cortana is Suspended and not working

in Cortana
    Cortana is Suspended and not working: In the task manager it is showing that all the processes of cortana has been suspended and says that UMP process is suspended for cortana to improve system performance. How to get rid of this?...
  5. Update to Build 10586

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update to Build 10586: I currently have Windows 10 (Build 10240). For some reason when I attempt to update my system it says that no updates are available. Does anyone know why I can't update to Build 10586? The latest Windows Defender updates install, but not the latest build. 43204
  6. Issues with Activation on Build 10586

Issues with Activation on Build 10586: Hi, I'm hoping someone can help. I have been upgrading some machines within my workplace onto windows 10. Using build 10240 I had to set the netsh winhttp proxy - to use our proxy server in order to activate windows. This worked flawlessly and would activate straight...
  7. Build 10586

Build 10586: Hi, Problem updating To Build 10586 from 10576. I am on an x64 platform. After downloading and preparing to install, it then goes "Configuring Update for Windows 10 xx% compete. Do not turn Off Your Computer" When 100% is reached it then Restarts. Upon restart it does not...
  8. CPU Increase after update to Windows 10 Build 10586

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU Increase after update to Windows 10 Build 10586: Has anyone noticed increase in CPU after updating Windows 10 yesterday? My pc has increased from a normal 0% to 5% when not being used to 5% to 10%. In trying to figure it out, it seems part of the usage may be, due to: audiodg.exe, dwm.exe. speechruntime.exe and interrupts....
  9. Sysprep Clean 10586 Build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sysprep Clean 10586 Build: I'm having trouble creating a new clean image with Windows 10 1511 (build 10586). Here are my steps: 1) Download the install using Media Creation Tool (10586) - save to USB drive 2) Install Windows 10 (10586) on a test PC from USB drive 3) At OOBE, CTRL-SHIFT-F3 to get...
  10. Unable to update to Build 10586

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to update to Build 10586: I tried updating normally using Windows Update. It fails in less than 10 seconds. I tried using Media Creation Tool. It downloads the update, but at the end it fails again and tell me restart my PC and try again. I tried deleting the files at...
Tags: