Windows 10: Cortana selects Spotify but won't start playing anything

Discus and support Cortana selects Spotify but won't start playing anything in Cortana to solve the problem; I can get Cortana to select Spotify (it's icon starts flashing in the taskbar), but it won't actually make a song play, or switch to the song or band... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Rick7H, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Rick7H Win User

Cortana selects Spotify but won't start playing anything

I can get Cortana to select Spotify (it's icon starts flashing in the taskbar), but it won't actually make a song play, or switch to the song or band I've asked for. I have Spotify Premium with family account -- does that make a difference?

:)

Rick7H, Jul 13, 2019
  2. Nath Bea Win User

Cortana to play Spotify instead of Groove

Hi,

Spotify is a digital music streaming app that gives you access to millions of songs, podcasts and videos from artists all over the world. To play music with Spotify, just connect Cortana to a Spotify Premium account. Here's how to connect your Spotify account
    to Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Select Notebook , then Music.
    • Choose Spotify, and enter your account information. Or, create an account.

If the above solution did not solve your concern, we suggest to check out this
    help site for answers to your questions and to learn how to get the most out of Spotify and your music.

Feel free to contact us if you have other inquiries.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Jul 13, 2019
  3. daverand Win User
    Cortana opens but does not play spotify request.

Cortana opens but does not play Spotify song or playlist request without additional "Cortana Play" command after Spotify opens in song paused mode.

I have the latest Windows 10 and the latest Spotify

This used to work...what gives? Can't find a solution in threads so starting this one.

daverand, Jul 13, 2019
  4. Cortana selects Spotify but won't start playing anything

Unable to integrate Cortana with Spotify.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can imagine how difficult it could be when app feature do not work the way they supposed to. However, could you please let us know from where you got the Spotify app?

In the meantime, we would suggest you to follow steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

1. Go to Settings > Time & Language.
    2. Click on Region & Language.
    3. Check if country and language is set to United States and
      English (United States).
    4. Then set up Cortana again.
    5. Log out from your Spotify account and log in again.
    6. Then try integrating Cortana with
      Spotify and check.

We would also suggest you to run troubleshoot for Microsoft Store Apps if you have installed the app from Microsoft Store by referring to

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

You may also want to refer
    Fix problems with the Start menu or Cortana for details

Data Loss Disclaimer: While performing
    Reset your PC steps there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

Cortana selects Spotify but won't start playing anything

1. Cortana selects Spotify but won't start playing anything - Similar Threads - Cortana selects Spotify

2. Cortana and Spotify

in Cortana
    Cortana and Spotify: How do I connect Spotify so that it can be controlled with Cortana? When doing research, I kept finding that I needed to go to the Cortana notebook which does not appear to exist anymore. How would I do this?...
  3. Cortana won't play music

in Cortana
    Cortana won't play music: Hi guys ! How can I control music with cortana with latest update? When I say her " Cortana play some music" She answer me: "I'm sorry, I can't control your music here." Please how can i fix this ? [Original Title: Cortana]...
  4. Cortana and Spotify

in Cortana
    Cortana and Spotify: Cortana is not responding to my voice commands for Spotify. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-and-spotify/b5017cfd-dd79-4259-87a0-dd51681edf71
  5. Cortana not playing any music on Spotify

in Cortana
    Cortana not playing any music on Spotify: So this is an issue I'm having on Windows 10, my phone (iPhone), and on my new speaker. I just started using Cortana after winning Harman Kardon Invoke from Microsoft rewards. After getting everything set up I saw everything worked except for Spotify. I see most of the...
  6. Spotify connect to cortana

in Cortana
    Spotify connect to cortana: Hello I have problems connecting spotify to cortana, when a say "play my song on spotify" it opens the app and does nothing else, if something is already playing the voice command just pauses the music. I have tried everything for about 2 hours trying to fix it,...
  7. Cortana - Spotify problem

in Cortana
    Cortana - Spotify problem: So when I tell Cortana to play a song on spotify she does successfully finds the songs but doesn't actually play it. She just brings up spotify without changing the song. I found this fix: 1. Unlink Cortana (in her settings) 2. Revoke Cortana app access (via...
  8. Cortana opens but does not play spotify request.

in Cortana
    Cortana opens but does not play spotify request.: Cortana opens but does not play Spotify song or playlist request without additional "Cortana Play" command after Spotify opens in song paused mode. I have the latest Windows 10 and the latest Spotify This used to work...what gives? Can't find a solution in threads so...
  9. Invoke with Cortana linked to Spotify not playing my playlist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invoke with Cortana linked to Spotify not playing my playlist: I created a playlist in Spotify. Skill I'm using: "Hey Cortana, play <playlist name> playlist." Example: "Hey Cortana, play 'Mike's' playlist." When I say this exact same skill via my Dell PC running Windows 10, Cortana works perfectly. When I say this exact same skill...
  10. Cortana and spotify

in Cortana
    Cortana and spotify: Ok so ige seen online that to connect spotify with cortana you must go to notebook then connect a service. But, whenever i go there all that shows up are email apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-and-spotify/e72883d2-5613-4b07-931c-edab20429857"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. spotify cortana not working

2. cortana opens spotify but does not start playing

3. cortana says its playing on spotify but nothing happens