Windows 10: Cortana Settings Blank/Not Loading

Discus and support Cortana Settings Blank/Not Loading in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi! I have an issue with the settings app, as it does not load the settings of Cortana. I can see the "Cortana" category on the home page of... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by 2015marci12, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Cortana Settings Blank/Not Loading

Hi!

I have an issue with the settings app, as it does not load the settings of Cortana.

I can see the "Cortana" category on the home page of settings, but if I click on it, none of it's tabs show anything, except the "More details" tab, which loads seamlessly.

I have the region and language set to English (United States), and a default location set to Miskolc, Hungary.

Thank you in advance for any help,

Marcell

:)

2015marci12, Jan 13, 2019
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Cortana Settings Blank/Not Loading

Cortana and settings options disappeared

Have you been able to use Cortana before and have you experienced any problems with it then?
    What about trying a system restore?

Also this could be of some use to you: Cortana Search Box Windows 10
    I would particually suggest step 3 and see if the problem still remains with a new user account.

ellellell1, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Cortana Settings Blank/Not Loading

1. Cortana Settings Blank/Not Loading - Similar Threads - Cortana Settings Blank

2. Settings update is blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings update is blank: I want to check if there is an update in my PC. I have Windows 10 21h2. I go to settings and Windows update all I can see is blank page with nothing on it. I cant click on anything. All other sub section of settings are working fine but not this windows update section. It is...
  3. Settings update is blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings update is blank: I want to check if there is an update in my PC. I have Windows 10 21h2. I go to settings and Windows update all I can see is blank page with nothing on it. I cant click on anything. All other sub section of settings are working fine but not this windows update section. It is...
  4. Settings update is blank

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cortana keeps loading.

in Cortana
    Cortana keeps loading.: Whenever I open cortana it asks me to sign in. After I sign in, it keeps loading and I am not able to use it. Cause its stuck on the loading screen. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-keeps-loading/9349d334-57de-43d2-b2e3-6336ace9cc7a
  6. Loaded Windows 10 Pro, no will not load. Blank screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Loaded Windows 10 Pro, no will not load. Blank screen: I loaded Win10 Pro from Microsoft using the digital the digital download. Tried to boot the computer up after an interruption, got nothing but a blank screen. The computer is basically dead....
  7. Cortana Settings

in Cortana
    Cortana Settings: Hi, I have subscribed for fast ring insider program and yesterday my windows got updated to 2004 build. After that I was facing issues in cortana. Whenever I am opening cortana I am getting the message "sorry but cortana is not available in english india at this time". As...
  8. fix proble loading WITH coputer SETTINGS window addressbars ARE BLANK BOXS WITH NO...

fix proble loading WITH coputer SETTINGS window addressbars ARE BLANK BOXS WITH NO...: please help tofix proble loading WITH coputer SETTINGS window addressbars ARE BLANK BOXS WITH NO READABLE WORDS AT ALL IN SETTINGS...
  9. Cortana will not load

Cortana will not load: Cortana failed and I haven't changed it from the default English. How can I fix this. See image 17418
  10. Cortana Search is white and blank

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Search is white and blank: Hello all, New Asus computer, windows 10 - 64 bit. When I type something in the Cortana search, the pop-up comes up blank and white. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks for your help. 78852