Windows 10: Cortana showing Content of United States instead of India

Discus and support Cortana showing Content of United States instead of India in Cortana to solve the problem; I have Upgraded to Windows 10 a few days back and I got the Cortana feature...But what is it? She is displaying all the Contents of United... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by AadyantSood, Mar 1, 2022.

1. Cortana showing Content of United States instead of India

I have Upgraded to Windows 10 a few days back and I got the Cortana feature...But what is it? She is displaying all the Contents of United States...Weather in Fahrenheits instead of Celsius and when I ask for Headlines, it gives information of U.S.A. Please help... I have my Region set to India only both in my Windows machine and in Microsoft Account ---> Screenshots are attached

:)

AadyantSood, Mar 1, 2022
  2. randybw57 Win User

Cortana Language: No option for English - United States

My laptop recently updated to the latest Windows 10.

As part of the Cortana setup there is 'Cortana Language' setting.

On my system I have the option of selecting:

English - (United Kingdom)

English - (Canada)

English - (Australia)

English - (India)

My 'Region & Language' settings are

United States

English (United States)

Any idea why I don't have a 'English - (United States)' option for Cortana Language?

Thanks

randybw57, Mar 1, 2022
  3. cortana not working with English (India) setup.

Hello Manoj,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As even performing all the above steps didn't help you to activate Cortana with English (India) settings, I suggest you to change the settings to English (United states) and check if Cortana is working.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 1, 2022
  4. Cortana showing Content of United States instead of India

Cant change the Cortana Speech from English United Stated to English India.

Hello Raghu,

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

Follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1

Please make sure your Country or Region settings are all aligned with Cortana’s supported locale configurations and the
    Language, and Speech Language settings.

If these settings are not aligned, Cortana will not be available. For example, Cortana will not be available if your country/region is set to United States, but the Windows display language is set to English (India).

So, make sure the country selected corresponds with the Windows display language set in the Language setting.

Reference:
    Why is Cortana not available for me on Windows 10?

Method 2

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different Local Administrator user account.

Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Assuming that you are already logged on to your user account in Windows 10, click the Start button.
    • From the Start menu, click your name from the top of the left pane.
    • From the displayed options click Sign out.
    • From the login screen, click to the different user account you want to switch to.

However, if you do not have a separate user account, I suggest you to create another Local administrator user account by referring to the Microsoft article here: Set
    up accounts

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to Cortana, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 1, 2022
Thema:

Cortana showing Content of United States instead of India

1. Cortana showing Content of United States instead of India - Similar Threads - Cortana showing Content

2. Cortana showing Content of United States instead of India

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana showing Content of United States instead of India: I have Upgraded to Windows 10 a few days back and I got the Cortana feature...But what is it? She is displaying all the Contents of United States...Weather in Fahrenheits instead of Celsius and when I ask for Headlines, it gives information of U.S.A. Please help... I have my...
  3. Cortana showing Content of United States instead of India

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana showing Content of United States instead of India: I have Upgraded to Windows 10 a few days back and I got the Cortana feature...But what is it? She is displaying all the Contents of United States...Weather in Fahrenheits instead of Celsius and when I ask for Headlines, it gives information of U.S.A. Please help... I have my...
  4. Cortana Weather Unit

in Cortana
    Cortana Weather Unit: How do I change the weather units from F to C? I do not see notebook to make this change. I also cannot turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”. HP envy x360 is the laptop model...
  5. Cortana not working in India

in Cortana
    Cortana not working in India: I have noticed that Cortana used to work smoothly with English India as a default language, till Nov-Dec'19. Unfortunately it has stopped working & typical message is obtained stating that "Cortana is not available in India" Please have it introduced soon as I was very much...
  6. Apparently I can't use Cortana if I'm in the United States...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apparently I can't use Cortana if I'm in the United States...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/aaronfranke [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g1ddbs/apparently_i_cant_use_cortana_if_im_in_the_united/
  7. Windows Display Language Changed from English(India) to English(United States)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Display Language Changed from English(India) to English(United States): Hey I have a OEM Windows 10 Home Single Language and my Windows Display Language has been changed after May Update 1903 . from English(India) to English(United States) [ATTACH]I have upgraded my pc from October Update(1809) to May Update (1903) using Windows Update...
  8. Cortana on Android India

in Cortana
    Cortana on Android India: Hi, when I check the cortana for Android page in play store from India, I'm getting a message item not found. What happened to cortana for Android app? Will cortana return to India as a standalone app?...
  9. Cortana for android in india

Cortana for android in india: When will cortana for android be released in India. It was released in public beta about a year ago. Still it stays in beta. And last update to the app was done in June 2018. Till now, no update is made in the app. Will cortana be released ever in India? It is there in...
  10. Cortana not working in India..

Cortana not working in India..: I'm in India and I have set lang. and location to India But still Cortana says that I'm not available in your country.. *Sad Helppppppp!!! *cry 49532