Cortana showing on my Laptop not my Desktop

Discus and support Cortana showing on my Laptop not my Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After a bit more browsing I found this link How to enable Cortana if you're using Windows 10 outside the U.S. - Neowin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ZuluGod, Jan 27, 2015.

1. ZuluGod Win User

After a bit more browsing I found this link
    How to enable Cortana if you're using Windows 10 outside the U.S. - Neowin

-------------------------------ORIGINAL POST-------------------------------
    So last night I was bothered to install Windows 10 9926 on my laptop, and so one of the first things I went to do was change some settings, But i noticed Cortana was working, so i got distracted asking for jokes and songs *Smile . Anyway, i installed 9926 on my desktop the day it came out, and Cortana did and still does give me a message saying its not availible in my region, even though i used it on my laptop just now. Is there a fix for this i dont know?

:)

ZuluGod, Jan 27, 2015
  2. 1Fish2Fish Win User

Unable to sign in

I am using a Acer Aspire laptop, I had Windows 7 on it previously. There is not a error message showing up, it is another window asking for my previous password. I use my Microsoft user account. I also have a HP pavilion desktop, I had Windows 8.1 on
    it previously. When I upgraded to it I had no problem signing into Cortana. When I upgraded on my desktop Cortana never asked me for my previous password. My date and time setting are correct. I have used Cortana on my desktop and like it, that's why I would
    like it on my laptop also.

1Fish2Fish, Jan 27, 2015
  3. TenzinPelletier Win User
    Calculation in Start Menu Search

Hello, on my desktop i can type in a calculation into the windows 10 start menu and it will show the answer in the start menu itself.

On my laptop, if i speak to cortana i get the same functionality, but on typing it only shows the option to search in web, rather than displaying the result like it does on my desktop.

Why is this occuring?

Is there a solution?

Thanks

TenzinPelletier, Jan 27, 2015
Thema:

1. Cortana showing on my Laptop not my Desktop - Similar Threads - Cortana showing Laptop

2. Laptop webcam shows only a black screen in Camera / Skype apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop webcam shows only a black screen in Camera / Skype apps: So I just got a new laptop (MSI GE73 8RF) and noticed that the webcam doesn't seem to show any image in apps, only shows a black screen. The weird thing is it works perfectly fine on sites like www.onlinemictest.com/webcam-test/ but not on any of the Windows apps. Skype also...
  3. Why after the Windows 10 update my computer was infected?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why after the Windows 10 update my computer was infected?: Kaspersky detected some threats after restarting pc and updating at 7 pm (Moscow time). [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/why-after-the-windows-10-update-my-computer-was/daf9ef5e-128d-49f6-b1e7-5a7dde81f650
  4. mic not picking up my voice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mic not picking up my voice: oh boy ok so im on windows 10 and im having issues with my microphone now. so my built-in laptop mic is not working atm. every time i try to record my voice, all i hear is static or light faint taps. it isnt picking up my voice but its picking up output audio. i tried...
  5. How can I get remote desktop to consistently work?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I get remote desktop to consistently work?: I have used remote desktop for years, but since the windows 10 app came out, I have nothing but trouble. Most of the time it just won't connect. It wants an email or URL. This is a private LAN. I've enabled remote desktop on the server and my local PC. I am the administrator....
  6. Restore laptop factory settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore laptop factory settings: restore factory settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/restore-laptop-factory-settings/3ce2106c-9dc8-4c6e-b2dc-d87236fffd06
  7. how do i find my cursor on acer windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how do i find my cursor on acer windows 10: how do I find my cursor on my acer laptop. windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/how-do-i-find-my-cursor-on-acer-windows-10/712f1d6f-06fd-45da-ade4-646a20b6b9a6
  8. cant acces my camera on my facebook done everything it said to do

cant acces my camera on my facebook done everything it said to do: went through the steps still cant acces my camera on my facebook I need yr help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/cant-acces-my-camera-on-my-facebook-done/1c9c23f3-56e7-4378-95f9-c66c49e797f1
  9. onedrive delete my work because of conflicts

onedrive delete my work because of conflicts: while working on a word document and trying to save to onedrive on windows10, I got a message and red small x symbol informing me that there are conflicts between the document and onedrive. resolving the conflicts caused couple of hours of work to be deleted. why did it...
  10. Windows defender high cpu usage on my surface pro when its powered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender high cpu usage on my surface pro when its powered: I have problem with the process windows malware excecutable in task manager on my surface pro4 , basically if im running without power connection just with battery the process use arount 14% of cpu in background as soon as i connect the power cable to the surface pro the...