Windows 10: Cortana showing on my Laptop not my Desktop

Discus and support Cortana showing on my Laptop not my Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After a bit more browsing I found this link How to enable Cortana if you're using Windows 10 outside the U.S. - Neowin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ZuluGod, Jan 27, 2015.

1. ZuluGod Win User

Cortana showing on my Laptop not my Desktop

After a bit more browsing I found this link
    How to enable Cortana if you're using Windows 10 outside the U.S. - Neowin

-------------------------------ORIGINAL POST-------------------------------
    So last night I was bothered to install Windows 10 9926 on my laptop, and so one of the first things I went to do was change some settings, But i noticed Cortana was working, so i got distracted asking for jokes and songs *Smile . Anyway, i installed 9926 on my desktop the day it came out, and Cortana did and still does give me a message saying its not availible in my region, even though i used it on my laptop just now. Is there a fix for this i dont know?

:)

ZuluGod, Jan 27, 2015

2. Unable to sign in

I am using a Acer Aspire laptop, I had Windows 7 on it previously. There is not a error message showing up, it is another window asking for my previous password. I use my Microsoft user account. I also have a HP pavilion desktop, I had Windows 8.1 on
    it previously. When I upgraded to it I had no problem signing into Cortana. When I upgraded on my desktop Cortana never asked me for my previous password. My date and time setting are correct. I have used Cortana on my desktop and like it, that's why I would
    like it on my laptop also.

1Fish2Fish, Jan 27, 2015
  3. Calculation in Start Menu Search

Hello, on my desktop i can type in a calculation into the windows 10 start menu and it will show the answer in the start menu itself.

On my laptop, if i speak to cortana i get the same functionality, but on typing it only shows the option to search in web, rather than displaying the result like it does on my desktop.

Why is this occuring?

Is there a solution?

Thanks

TenzinPelletier, Jan 27, 2015
Thema:

Cortana showing on my Laptop not my Desktop

1. Cortana showing on my Laptop not my Desktop - Similar Threads - Cortana showing Laptop

2. Not all of my desktop icons show

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not all of my desktop icons show: I connected by usb to a asus portable screen, for some reason now my desktop icons do not all show. Some do, others do not and the icons are showing the full name instead of an abbreviated name. This means that about 24 icons take up my full screen. I know how to use the view...
  3. My moblile hotspot is not showing in my laptop but it is showing in other devices and other...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My moblile hotspot is not showing in my laptop but it is showing in other devices and other...: My Mobile is Lenovo K8 Plus and I am using Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-moblile-hotspot-is-not-showing-in-my-laptop-but/f9c906e1-0a3c-47dc-8fc0-6e74f7c133b2
  4. Cortana can no longer SMS from my Desktop?

in Cortana
    Cortana can no longer SMS from my Desktop?: Hi, My current configuration is PC = Surface Pro 3 = Running Windows 10 1809 Mobile = HP Elite X3 = Running Windows 10 mobile 1709 I have always used my Surface PC to send SMS from my phone and used to have two options... however trying to SMS today... it...
  5. My Desktop Can't Show Anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Desktop Can't Show Anymore: This just suddenly happened and I don't know how to fix it. This arrow appeared randomly and when I click it goes to my windows area which is changed now too. I don't know the problem at all and I am getting worried. I cannot take a picture of the windows "window"...
  6. my laptop is not chrging while charging is show

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my laptop is not chrging while charging is show: my laptop is not charging while charging is show [moved] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/my-laptop-is-not-chrging-while-charging-is-show/e91ac34f-5d59-40ae-83e7-4e319cda3a50
  7. Is it possible to tether my laptop to my desktop as an external drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it possible to tether my laptop to my desktop as an external drive?: I do a lot of traveling and have been using an EHD to shuttle files between my laptop and desktop machine (laptop -> EHD -> Desktop -> EHD -> laptop). Is there equipment that would allow connection to both machines through USB ports to eliminate the need for an EHD (laptop...
  8. Accessing my desktop from my laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing my desktop from my laptop: Hi. I have been trying to Accessing my desktop from my laptop both running windows 10. Is the homegroup still working on W10?. If so I have failed done all sorts of things followed links from Microsoft and other forums. It all was okay on windows 8.1 and windows 7 but what...
  9. cloning my new laptop to my desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    cloning my new laptop to my desktop: I have I have a new laptop. can I...
  10. These are on my desktop.

in Windows 10 Support
    These are on my desktop.: [img] If I left click on these nothing happens. If I right click ON these this happens. [img] 46856