Windows 10: Cortana shows an incorrect email address for me

Discus and support Cortana shows an incorrect email address for me in Cortana to solve the problem; When I open Cortana it shows " Cortana has lost access to my account" When I go through the process of trying to fix , it comes up with a wrong email... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by RalphHerz, Dec 15, 2018.

1. RalphHerz Win User

Cortana shows an incorrect email address for me

When I open Cortana it shows " Cortana has lost access to my account" When I go through the process of trying to fix , it comes up with a wrong email address for me. I thought I used my Microsoft account address. Obviously I got on this forum using my Microsoft

account. Any suggestions how I can fix this? Is it possible that my email address on Cortana was hacked?

Thanks,

Ralph

:)

RalphHerz, Dec 15, 2018

2. How to delete an incorrect email address showing in profile history

The YouTube video does not work on a Windows phone. I tried to follow the steps but the email address still shows in the auto-complete(suggest) list when I start typing the to address. The only way I was able to get rid of the address was to "hard" reset
    the phone. Which was painfull in getting it set back up the way I wanted to.

MarkDavidsonUSA, Dec 15, 2018
  3. Mail in Windows 10 - incorrect email address suggestion

When I create a new message and start to type an address a list of suggestions pops up. The top one is incorrect and I want to delete it but it does NOT appear in my contacts. How can I get rid of it?

[Original subject: Live Mail in Windows 10 - incorrect email address suggestion]

JohnSchmitz1, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Cortana shows an incorrect email address for me

How to delete an incorrect email address showing in profile history

I have a Windows 8 device, Lumia 928. I had "fat fingered" an email address when composing an email. I recieved an NDR and figured out what I had done wrong. Now whenever I start typing in the To: field in a new email the incorrect email address comes up
    in the auto-fill list, along with the correct one. I do not want to reset my phone to factory again. I have tried to find a way to delete or clear the incorrect entry, but no luck. Is this a known issue in not being able to clear email address suggestions?
    Or is there an app built in or extra one that can be used to delete bad entries in the profile history for typed email addresses?

I hope someone will point me in the correct direction as I have searched for a possible solution to no avail.

MarkDavidsonUSA, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

Cortana shows an incorrect email address for me

1. Cortana shows an incorrect email address for me - Similar Threads - Cortana shows incorrect

2. microsoft accounts email address incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft accounts email address incorrect: I have got myself in a mess with my Microsoft accounts. I had a microsoft account with my email address as my username on my desktop. I also had a skype account with a different user name that I've had since before MS owned Skype. I just bought a new laptop with windows 11...
  3. microsoft accounts email address incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft accounts email address incorrect: I have got myself in a mess with my Microsoft accounts. I had a microsoft account with my email address as my username on my desktop. I also had a skype account with a different user name that I've had since before MS owned Skype. I just bought a new laptop with windows 11...
  4. Incorrect email address during account creation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Incorrect email address during account creation: Hi there, I am enquiring on behalf of a friend who has been having issue getting contact with Microsoft Support. She has purchased a Microsoft Student Home edition license. However, her email had a typo error during registration. As such, she is unable to sign in to her...
  5. Email address incorrect

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Email address incorrect: Hello, When I set up my account info on my new pc, I had entered my outlook.com address accidentally as an outlook.ca. When I go to fix typo, I enter the outlook.com and it tells me this address unavailable. This is true, but it is MY correct address! I try to change it...
  6. how-to-delete-an-obsolete-or-incorrect-email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how-to-delete-an-obsolete-or-incorrect-email address: Has Microsoft found a solution to this problem: How to delete an obsolete or incorrect email address in Windows 10 - Microsoft Community ie stop names appearing in the 'To' field when writing an email? Thanks...
  7. Incorrect email address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Incorrect email address: Somehow Windows 10 saved an email address for me that is fictional. How can I make Windows 10 remove this bogus address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-email-address/ffa5c3d0-1682-4fa1-9b2e-11f32a9b40d4
  8. How to delete incorrect Email address choice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete incorrect Email address choice: I typed an email address incorrectly and saved it for my contact list. I then corrected the email address and saved it.. When I create a new email, the incorrect address appears as a choice along with the correct address at the “TO” line. How do I delete the incorrect...
  9. can cortana find emails by address ?

in Browsers and Email
    can cortana find emails by address ?: hi i have updated w10 to the last built anniversary update + last update i have some questions about cortana , can search between my received emails for example search last email sent by Paul smith ? i tried without luck is poweful like osx siri ? ps is there a list of...
  10. email address shows on log in screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    email address shows on log in screen: Jut had a Windows update (Sept 17 2016) and now on the log in screen it shows my preferred picture and beneath it my email address (Microsoft account). It did not do this before. How can I revert back to picture only. Win 10 Home Edition (upgraded from Win7 last year)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana has wrong from email address