Windows 10: Cortana shows different location

Discus and support Cortana shows different location in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I’ve purchased a new computer but Cortana shows completely different location than I am. What is the fix?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JamesWillis4, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Cortana shows different location

I’ve purchased a new computer but Cortana shows completely different location than I am. What is the fix?

:)

JamesWillis4, Mar 12, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Again, Location is not correct on the maps, Showing me in another state!

Hi Wael,

Wrong region settings or corruption may be the possible reason why a location was not correct or showing a different state. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you tried to change it to the default location?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from making sure that region settings was correct?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot Cortana. You may expand each section and try performing the instructions that you have not yet done.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Hi Paul,

Wrong region settings or corruption may be the possible reason why a location was not correct or showing a different state. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you tried to change it to the default location?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article to troubleshoot Cortana.
    You may expand each section and try performing the instructions that you have not yet done.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 12, 2019
  4. Cortana shows different location

Cortana and Location Settings

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

This issue may occur if location settings are not turned on for Cortana.

To turn on location settings for cortana, I suggest you to try these steps and check if it helps.

• Click on Start Button and type Location in the search.

• Open Location Privacy Settings.

• Under the option "choose apps that can use your location" check if Cortana is turned on.

• If not turn on and check if it helps.
    Also suggest you to check if similar issue persists on another user account.

Create another administrator user account by referring to

Set up accounts
    on Windows 10 article.

The corrupted user profile does not function normally such as not launching
    Start menu, Cortana, Search bar, Store and other
    Windows applications. In such cases creating a new profile and checking for the same will help in identifying if the is specific to corrupted user profile or the OS.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

Cortana shows different location

1. Cortana shows different location - Similar Threads - Cortana shows different

2. File Explorer shows different Locations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer shows different Locations: File Explorer shows Docs, Pictures, Music, Video in the Cloud Onedrive and stored locally as I want it. File Explorer also shows Docs, Pictures, Music, Video folders under 'This PC' but the Docs and Pictures folders are the ones under OneDrive whereas the Music and Video...
  3. Cortana location problem.

in Cortana
    Cortana location problem.: Hello Everyone, My Cortana app shows the wrong location weather when I ask it. How to solve this issue?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-location-problem/f64c4413-fb39-4847-8f9b-9366a7a60891
  4. cortana Showing weather of wrong location.

in Cortana
    cortana Showing weather of wrong location.: Hello everyone, My Cortana app is showing weather of the wrong location. Can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-showing-weather-of-wrong-location/c3d3b60e-dff2-416b-b068-c6d4e987d680
  5. Mailbox wrong location for Cortana

in Cortana
    Mailbox wrong location for Cortana: Hi, I have an issue with Cortana which does not appear on my previous computer. All the settings are the same, and this is what I have if I run Cortana with my account. [ATTACH] I tried everything, re-install, change location on my device, change permission, etc. I...
  6. Different temp location

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Different temp location: What's the difference between C/windows/temp Vs Appdata/local/temp Experts reply it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/different-temp-location/643dd8a4-36f4-4d3f-b66d-eabe2e01f6e7"
  7. Cortana's Location

in Cortana
    Cortana's Location: I live in NE PA and Cortana gives me weather and movies for places in MD. How is that useful for me. A user should opt for inserting a current Zip code or location for this information otherwise you have written a useless software for a user!!...
  8. Cortana reports wrong location

in Cortana
    Cortana reports wrong location: Cortana has wrong address for me and I have been unable to change it. Does anyone have any idea how to do this? I have tried multiple suggestions none have worked. It is very frustrating to told that I am in a location 4000 miles away when in reality I am less than 10....
  9. Location not working- Cortana not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Location not working- Cortana not available: Hi, discovered I can't turn on 'Location'. 1. I can click the 'Change' button in Privacy, Location, but nothing happens. ('Location is off' is displayed) 2. 'Location' is greyed out in the Action Centre 3. The Network Location Service is running (I've tried stopping,...
  10. Cortana and Location settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana and Location settings: After a restart, Cortana always requests that I allow Location settings. I do that, and all is well, until the next restart, when the whole process needs to be repeated. It seems the location setting turn off by itself!!Please help 52732