Windows 10: Cortana "Sorry but for the time being, I am not equipped to do that."

Discus and support Cortana "Sorry but for the time being, I am not equipped to do that." in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When i open Cortana using voice command it opens and when i ask to open Excel, OneNote, Word or anything else it only say "Sorry but for the time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SHISHIRPOOJARY, May 23, 2021.

1. Cortana "Sorry but for the time being, I am not equipped to do that."

When i open Cortana using voice command it opens and when i ask to open Excel, OneNote, Word or anything else it only say "Sorry but for the time being, I am not equipped to do that."Cortana Version: 2.2103.17603.0Pls tell me what can i do i have already checked tutorials on this but none of them worked !i have only hope with the u . So Pls&nb

:)

SHISHIRPOOJARY, May 23, 2021
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, May 23, 2021
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, May 23, 2021
  4. Cortana "Sorry but for the time being, I am not equipped to do that."

Cortana stopped showing my calendar events on cortana home

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, May 23, 2021
Thema:

Cortana "Sorry but for the time being, I am not equipped to do that."

1. Cortana "Sorry but for the time being, I am not equipped to do that." - Similar Threads - Cortana Sorry being

2. Cortana is not working after windows update it's saying "Sorry but for the time being, I am...

in Cortana
    Cortana is not working after windows update it's saying "Sorry but for the time being, I am...: my Cortana v 2.21028653.0 responds to opening outlook, calculator, and setting reminders. I have tried reinstalling, troubleshooting, setting change everything still it's saying that "Sorry but for the time being, I am not equipped to do that."...
  3. Cortana won't open apps once I asked cortana to open skype she said Sorry but for the time...

in Cortana
    Cortana won't open apps once I asked cortana to open skype she said Sorry but for the time...: Its saying that wait let me show you [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-wont-open-apps-once-i-asked-cortana-to/027b3dc7-dcd1-48dd-a5e3-9ddcba6a601c
  4. Equipment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Equipment: Can someone recomend the best middle of the road setup for Microsoft Flight simulator 2020? i need everything from the computer to controls. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/equipment/72da2741-79b9-4be1-af54-54f50cabb5b2
  5. I am sorry !!!!! virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am sorry !!!!! virus: [ATTACH]Recently a virus infected all my JPG files and wrote down each picture I am Sorry !!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-am-sorry-virus/b62aa90f-673b-4d94-89f5-8e5763cbf6ef
  6. Cortana says "Sorry about that I didn't hear anything"

in Cortana
    Cortana says "Sorry about that I didn't hear anything": I am using windows 10 home single language I am facing this issue whenever I am going click microphone logo on Cortana search box to say something it immediately says "Sorry about that I didn't hear anything" ,I tried checking microphone set up then using microphone I...
  7. Cortana only replies "Sorry, I didn't get that". How do I fix?

in Cortana
    Cortana only replies "Sorry, I didn't get that". How do I fix?: I have tried everything people have posted re use of Command Prompt Administrator and nothing works. The microphone works fine. Cortana displays the question asked, but does nothing. After a few seconds, it responds with the above statement. Any fix?...
  8. Cortana "Sorry, I can't open any apps here."

in Cortana
    Cortana "Sorry, I can't open any apps here.": Hello, I have a new out of the box Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro. My PC and Phone are connected properly and I can do things on my phone like open and set the alarm or schedule a reminder but when I ask it to open messenger or Facebook and other apps I just get "Sorry, I can't...
  9. Hi there I am Cortana.

in Cortana
    Hi there I am Cortana.: In the Windows 10 set up, Cortana speaks to you, and I have recored her speak but the quality is terrible. Does anyone have an audio file I can use? If you cant reply to it, send me an email with it: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I know it says not to post...
  10. Cortana only replies Sorry, I didn't get that

in Cortana
    Cortana only replies Sorry, I didn't get that: Dictation works fine in Word and in the search box. However, Cortana does not act on any command. What am I doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-only-replies-sorry-i-didnt-get-that/c1ea7a17-0cd2-47c1-b4be-02dbe6721e1c"