Windows 10: Cortana "Sorry, I can't open any apps here."

Discus and support Cortana "Sorry, I can't open any apps here." in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello, I have a new out of the box Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro. My PC and Phone are connected properly and I can do things on my phone like open and set... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by SilentEffect, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Cortana "Sorry, I can't open any apps here."

Hello, I have a new out of the box Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro. My PC and Phone are connected properly and I can do things on my phone like open and set the alarm or schedule a reminder but when I ask it to open messenger or Facebook and other apps I just get "Sorry, I can't open any apps here." I went through the settings and could not find a reason for this. Any ideas? I know the phone is an Android and Not Windows 10 but I thought someone would have an idea since they are both connected. BTW, Cortana works perfect for me on Windows 10.

:)

SilentEffect, Nov 4, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Cortana "Sorry, I can't open any apps here." :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Cortana will not sync with my andoid device cortana app and the windows 10 pc embedded app!

Hello Devin,

There are several workarounds that we can perform for us to troubleshoot the problem with your
    Cortana on your Android device. In the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• On your Android device, open Settings.
    • Go to Application Manager.
    • Select the Cortana app.
    • Tap on Clear Cache.
    • Reset your device.

Let us know if the these steps resolve the issue.

Lawrence Lib, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Cortana "Sorry, I can't open any apps here."

cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Cortana "Sorry, I can't open any apps here."

1. Cortana "Sorry, I can't open any apps here." - Similar Threads - Cortana Sorry can't

2. I can't open any office apps without getting an error...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't open any office apps without getting an error...: I get an error when trying to open MS Office apps that says the parameters are incorrect. I already went into settings and tried to repair it. That didn't work. The other option I read about was repairing it online, but don't know how to do that....
  3. Can't open any apps and files in Windows 10

Can't open any apps and files in Windows 10: I can't open any games, apps, images, and files due to the missing .dll files (eg. VCRUNTIME140.dll, MSVCR110.dll). At first, I tried to re-register VCRuntime140.dll. I went to the Command Prompt and selected "run as administrator". However, after I clicked on "run as...
  4. Can't open settings or any apps or settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open settings or any apps or settings: I restarted my surface pro that runs windows completely and it started up fine but I was unable to open up anything. I couldn't connect to networks because I open the wifi program. I could not open up my Start either or my action dialog notification panel or anything. I cant...
  5. Cortana only replies Sorry, I didn't get that

in Cortana
    Cortana only replies Sorry, I didn't get that: Dictation works fine in Word and in the search box. However, Cortana does not act on any command. What am I doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-only-replies-sorry-i-didnt-get-that/c1ea7a17-0cd2-47c1-b4be-02dbe6721e1c"
  6. I can't open any program

I can't open any program: Hi! My name is Beltrán. Today my laptop just got a windows update and, when I turned it on after finishing installing the update, it worked just fine. The problem appeared like 1 or 2 minutes later. I wanted to open Chrome but, when I pressed on the icon, it wouldn't open...
  7. Can't open soundcloud in any browser or App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open soundcloud in any browser or App: Soundcloud isn't working on my pc, nither App nor the site is opening. Please help thanks in advance[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-soundcloud-in-any-browser-or-app/8bf70e93-d0e6-4ea8-afea-284b64179576
  8. i can't hear cortana and app store don't open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    i can't hear cortana and app store don't open: my windows is 10 enterprise insider preview https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-hear-cortana-and-app-store-dont-open/56d44ede-34a7-42e5-81b1-b92e7eed52ee"
  9. Can't open any windows store apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't open any windows store apps: Hello, I am having trouble with Windows Defender and Update. I am getting error 0x800705b4 for Defender and though I've searched online on how to fix the problem none of them seem to work. Also, my computer won't let me access the update & security portion of my settings....
  10. Cortana opening apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana opening apps: Just installed my microphone and tried hey coratana and i am less than impressed, I thought cortana could open all modern apps, but for most all i get when isay hey cortana open news or sports and most others is a web search. Is this correct? also how do i get coratana to...