Windows 10: Cortana "Sorry, I can't open any apps here."

Discus and support Cortana "Sorry, I can't open any apps here." in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello, I have a new out of the box Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro. My PC and Phone are connected properly and I can do things on my phone like open and set... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by SilentEffect, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Cortana "Sorry, I can't open any apps here."

Hello, I have a new out of the box Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro. My PC and Phone are connected properly and I can do things on my phone like open and set the alarm or schedule a reminder but when I ask it to open messenger or Facebook and other apps I just get "Sorry, I can't open any apps here." I went through the settings and could not find a reason for this. Any ideas? I know the phone is an Android and Not Windows 10 but I thought someone would have an idea since they are both connected. BTW, Cortana works perfect for me on Windows 10.

:)

SilentEffect, Nov 4, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Cortana "Sorry, I can't open any apps here." :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Cortana will not sync with my andoid device cortana app and the windows 10 pc embedded app!

Hello Devin,

There are several workarounds that we can perform for us to troubleshoot the problem with your
    Cortana on your Android device. In the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• On your Android device, open Settings.
    • Go to Application Manager.
    • Select the Cortana app.
    • Tap on Clear Cache.
    • Reset your device.

Let us know if the these steps resolve the issue.

Lawrence Lib, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Cortana "Sorry, I can't open any apps here."

cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Cortana "Sorry, I can't open any apps here."

1. Cortana "Sorry, I can't open any apps here." - Similar Threads - Cortana Sorry can't

2. Cortana replies "Sorry, I can't help with that." to everything in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana replies "Sorry, I can't help with that." to everything in Windows 11: I setup Cortana recently on my new Windows 11, and it responds "Sorry, I can't help with that." to every task. Be it making a new list, accessing my calendar, or even turning up the volume. It will do simple tasks like tell me a joke, but that's pretty useless.I have done...
  3. Cortana replies "Sorry, I can't help with that." to everything in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana replies "Sorry, I can't help with that." to everything in Windows 11: I setup Cortana recently on my new Windows 11, and it responds "Sorry, I can't help with that." to every task. Be it making a new list, accessing my calendar, or even turning up the volume. It will do simple tasks like tell me a joke, but that's pretty useless.I have done...
  4. Cortana says: "I'm sorry, I can't control your music here."

in Cortana
    Cortana says: "I'm sorry, I can't control your music here.": Hi people, Can someone help me playing spotify songs through cortana? I use the cortana app from the Microsoft Store, and when I try to play a song it says: "I'm sorry, I can't control your music here." I thought I can solve it from this tab but the I get this error. Anyone...
  5. cortana say I'm sorry, I can't control your music here.

in Cortana
    cortana say I'm sorry, I can't control your music here.: my windows version is 20H2 and i have updated latest version of cortana but it say I'm sorry, I can't control your music here.please say how i fix it andthere are no notebook on cortana....
  6. Cortana won't open any apps.

in Cortana
    Cortana won't open any apps.: I have an issue where Cortana won't do pretty much anything I say. All she does is just do bing searches, she cannot even set reminders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-wont-open-any-apps/f46b8441-d8b4-4de2-aa1b-a1c3e019da6f
  7. Cortana won't open apps once I asked cortana to open skype she said Sorry but for the time...

in Cortana
    Cortana won't open apps once I asked cortana to open skype she said Sorry but for the time...: Its saying that wait let me show you [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-wont-open-apps-once-i-asked-cortana-to/027b3dc7-dcd1-48dd-a5e3-9ddcba6a601c
  8. Cortana can't launch any app .

in Cortana
    Cortana can't launch any app .: I am facing this problem from past 1 month . I have just updated my windows to Windows 10 2009 Oct. update 2020. Whenever i ask cortana to open any app or some of basic things she always reply"I'm sorry, but I can't help with that.". I have tried using Resetting the app ,...
  9. Cortana responds "Sorry, I can't help with that." to every query. Why?

in Cortana
    Cortana responds "Sorry, I can't help with that." to every query. Why?: I have been having this issue since the 1st 20H1 build of windows 10 as Cortana has been moved to beta app. Whatever I ask except about my calendar, alarms or emails, it responds "Sorry, I can't help with that." It seems cortana is not accessing internet and addressing...
  10. i can't hear cortana and app store don't open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    i can't hear cortana and app store don't open: my windows is 10 enterprise insider preview https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-hear-cortana-and-app-store-dont-open/56d44ede-34a7-42e5-81b1-b92e7eed52ee"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana cant open apps

2. Cortana does not open apps android

3. cant open app ik coetana

4. cortana cant open apps android,
  5. Cortana Sorry I cant open any app here,
  6. ortana says it cant open a y apps,
  7. asking Cortana to open setting she says I cant open settings here