Windows 10: Cortana speeh reminder

Discus and support Cortana speeh reminder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've just bought a windows phone, as recommended in the shop, to have it remind me each day, at the same time, to take my tablets. I need it to do this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rosphite1, Aug 9, 2015.

1. rosphite1 Win User

Cortana speeh reminder

I've just bought a windows phone, as recommended in the shop, to have it remind me each day, at the same time, to take my tablets. I need it to do this via speech.

Basically, each day at 1pm I want it to say "Take your tablets it is 1pm".
    I don't want any snooze periods and I don't want to have to shut it off.
    Simply, announce the reminder and that's it.

I've read endless Cortana helps but have failed to find the solution. Is it possible via Cortana or any other app?

The phone is connected to wi fi but it does not have any sim in it. I brought it specifically and only for this alarm type facility. Any help would be much appreciated.

:)

rosphite1, Aug 9, 2015
  2. Entegy Win User

Windows Phone - Cortana-Calendar Issue

Cortana requires location services on to use. Cortana's reminders are special reminders, separate from the tasks section of Calendar. By disabling Cortana, you're disabling the reminders.

Entegy, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Windows Phone - Cortana-Calendar Issue

The reminder does not have any location information. Once the reminder is added to the calendar.

Shouldn't the calendar app (instead of Cortana) remind me like it does for other applications? Otherwise, if we have to disable Location Services due to limited battery, we will end up having to lose all reminders.

Punit Ganshani (PG), Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

Cortana speeh reminder

1. Cortana speeh reminder - Similar Threads - Cortana speeh reminder

2. Cortana Reminders Disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Reminders Disappeared: The last time I used Cortana it had a menu that I could choose to see all my reminders. Today that menu is gone. How do I see the reminders I have set?[ATTACH]...
  3. Cortana reminders

in Cortana
    Cortana reminders: Although cortana sets up reminders correctly you are not reminded at the appropriate time. It doesn't matter if you create it on PC, android phone or invoke. It does not work on any device....
  4. Cortana Reminders

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cortana Reminders: I used to get reminders from Cortana by text in the notification area along with a bell sound to remind me. It has stopped working and I've checked all the settings and I can't determine the problem. It accepts my reminders, I see them listed, FocusAssist is off,...
  5. Cortana and reminders

in Cortana
    Cortana and reminders: I am on a windows 10 machine build 18362, and I have questions about reminders. I used to use Cortana (typed) all the time. One of the primary things I used her for was setting daily reminders. I have had a couple of strokes and my memory for some daily activities is not so...
  6. cortana reminder not working

in Cortana
    cortana reminder not working: I am not a minor so why isn't the cortana reminders working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-reminder-not-working/5cc96a20-c408-4490-8b8f-3600cba45bf9"
  7. Cortana remind me

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cortana remind me: I updated to Windows 10 Pro to 1903 and all is fine except for Cortana Remind Me. When I try to do anything the black Remind Me comes up but it promptly disappears on any action. I added another user account and Remind Me works OK in it. I had 4 Remind Me's in the previous...
  8. ask Cortana for a reminder

in Cortana
    ask Cortana for a reminder: I just set up Cortana on 2 computers and asked her to remind me of an appointment. On one she reminded me with a box in the lower corner, but on the other one, she made a verbal announcement. How do I choose the method?...
  9. Cortana reminder

in Cortana
    Cortana reminder: I cannot set a reminder on Cortana it says "your account needs an update.I can take you there to get that settled". plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-reminder/3e912b26-feec-424e-a0ab-8520adccbe2e"
  10. Unreliability of Cortana reminders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unreliability of Cortana reminders: Has anyone else found Cortana's reminders to be unreliable? For no apparent reason reminders that I set don't ring. Also reminders that I've had set to ring daily and which DID ring daily for a long time all of a sudden stopped for no reason that I can see. Does anyone...