Windows 10: Cortana spoke without being prompted

Discus and support Cortana spoke without being prompted in Cortana to solve the problem; On February 5, 2021, some HarmanKardon Invoke users experienced a bug where Cortana spoke without beingprompted. In these cases Cortana said, “What can... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Lonnie_L, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Lonnie_L Win User

Cortana spoke without being prompted

On February 5, 2021, some HarmanKardon Invoke users experienced a bug where Cortana spoke without beingprompted. In these cases Cortana said, “What can I do for you?” or “Sorry!Something went wrong, please try again later.” This problem has been resolved andCortana will only speak when prompted with the wake word. We apologize for theinconvenience.

:)

Lonnie_L, Feb 5, 2021
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Feb 5, 2021
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Feb 5, 2021
  4. Cortana spoke without being prompted

[WINDOWS 10] Cortana not using voice to respond

Hi,

Are you able to hear other sounds from your computer?

I would suggest that you run a SFC scan and check. Follow the below steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click Command prompt (Admin)
    • Type sfc /scannow
    • Press Enter

Check if issue still occurs with Cortana.

Vinod Archak, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

Cortana spoke without being prompted

1. Cortana spoke without being prompted - Similar Threads - Cortana spoke without

2. Windows 10 installation without prompt

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 installation without prompt: So at my job I was having an issue with install windows 10 ARM for arm computer - I booted from the USB and there was no input from the mouse, keyboard or touchpad. The installer wasn't frozen, there was just no input. This made it impossible to actually install windows onto...
  3. Cortana activating without input.

in Cortana
    Cortana activating without input.: I see this has been an issue for others and that it seems to be the trackpad for them. only one problem, I don't have a trackpad or gestures to use it.No sound even remotely close to the key phrase either....
  4. Cortana activating without input.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana activating without input.: I see this has been an issue for others and that it seems to be the trackpad for them. only one problem, I don't have a trackpad or gestures to use it.No sound even remotely close to the key phrase either....
  5. Cortana activating without input.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. About Cortana being disappeared

in Cortana
    About Cortana being disappeared: Hello there, Today I am very sad as Cortana has disappeared from my PC. I loved her being my assistant very much. But unfortunately, today when I was working, suddenly Cortana disappeared from my PC. I tried all the suggestions mentioned in the 'Microsoft Community's...
  7. Is Cortana being discontinued?

in Cortana
    Is Cortana being discontinued?: I updated Windows this morning. After that, when I went to try to use Cortana, a message appeared saying that it was no longer available in Brazilian Portuguese. Is the Cortana being discontinued?...
  8. Windows Updates Without Prompt or Consent

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates Without Prompt or Consent: This is extremely frustrating. I'm playing my games and windows will forcefully restart without my consent and do an update. How the **** do I fix this? How is this even aloud?...
  9. cortana is it being replace by alexa

in Cortana
    cortana is it being replace by alexa: hi Microsoft is Cortana being replace by Alexa , in when is it coming to window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-it-being-replace-by-alexa/ddb4b51e-7a7d-4ea6-85e2-e2a3279ab344"
  10. cortana is it being replace by alexa

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cortana is it being replace by alexa: hi Microsoft is Cortana being replace by Alexa , in when is it coming to window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cortana-is-it-being-replace-by-alexa/ddb4b51e-7a7d-4ea6-85e2-e2a3279ab344