Windows 10: Cortana spontaneous activation during fullscreen application use [Windows 10 Pro 20H2...

Discus and support Cortana spontaneous activation during fullscreen application use [Windows 10 Pro 20H2... in Cortana to solve the problem; With the upcoming holidays, I know I am probably asking this question at the worst probable time, but I hope I can get it solved. Ever since Cortana... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Cybot, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Cybot Win User

Cortana spontaneous activation during fullscreen application use [Windows 10 Pro 20H2...

With the upcoming holidays, I know I am probably asking this question at the worst probable time, but I hope I can get it solved.

Ever since Cortana got separated from the search bar, I have been having an issue where it will activate suddenly, seeking input, then canceling immediately. this is extremely annoying especially when running anything full screen like movies or games because Cortana will take the focus away from the foreground app i am using. This has been occurring since 1903 but improved some through updates and the upgrade to 20H2. but the issue is still there, which is why I am now making this post. I am fairly sure that the cause is the 'Hey, Cortana' feature which I have turned on, but I don't want to disable the feature unless I really have too. I use Cortana on a daily basis and being able to talk to the computer and have it respond is way too cool. I am hoping or a solution that involves my being still able to talk to Cortana whenever I need to, and not having the feature interrupt me when I am not using it. there are times where my system is just sitting idle with no one near it, and Cortana will spontaneously activate as well. this occurrence has been greatly reduced by subsequent update to Cortana and windows as well, and now only occurs infrequently. the fact that it still occurs is bugging me though. I want it to stop, while still being able to use "Hey, Cortana".

:)

Cybot, Dec 5, 2020
  2. LuigiEd Win User

Cortana activation without minimizing current window

I have solved this myself. If possible, set video settings of the application to "windowed fullscreen" instead of true fullscreen.

This will make the application loose focus, when Cortana is activated, but it remains in the background.

LuigiEd, Dec 5, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Cortana spontaneous activation during fullscreen application use [Windows 10 Pro 20H2...

Automatically moving a fullscreen window onto a new desktop

Hi Joel,

In Windows 10, there is an option to open an app in a fullscreen view. This way, it will be possible for you to make the fullscreen window move to a new desktop. Follow these steps to do so.

• Right click on the application.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click on the Shortcut tab.
    • Beside the Run option, click on the drop-down menu and then choose Maximized.
    • Click on Apply button and then click OK.

If further assistance is needed, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

Cortana spontaneous activation during fullscreen application use [Windows 10 Pro 20H2...

1. Cortana spontaneous activation during fullscreen application use [Windows 10 Pro 20H2... - Similar Threads - Cortana spontaneous activation

2. Windows 11 Pro Activation Using Windows 10 Pro License

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro Activation Using Windows 10 Pro License: Hello All,I have an old laptop with windows 10 pro that activated using a windows 10 pro retail digital license connected to my Microsoft account. Recently, I bought a new laptop and I'm trying to activate the windows 11 pro on new laptop using the existing license and...
  3. Windows Spontaneously Launches Applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Spontaneously Launches Applications: We have two HP laptops, both running Windows 10 Home.One has Version 20H2 with OS build 19042.1237 This laptop runs smoothly with no issues.The other has Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.1110 This machine started launching applications spontaneously. I have Norton 360 and scanned...
  4. Win 10 Pro spontaneous lockup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Pro spontaneous lockup: Hello, I have a network of 8 Win10 Pro Hp machines. Every 2 weeks or so one specific machine will lock up usually overnight . I cannot activate the screens to see anything. I must do a hard reboot to correct the problem. Oddly enough, when this occurs, none of the other...
  5. Multiple Fullscreen applications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple Fullscreen applications: Hello, I've been using multiple monitors for a long time now, and lately have been thinking about my new setup. Not that I was planning on buying it but the LGCX 48inch tv seemed like the dream desktop monitor. There is one caveat, as a gamer I would like to play my games...
  6. 20H2 FullScreen Start Menu Transparency

in Windows 10 Customization
    20H2 FullScreen Start Menu Transparency: Greetings I just installed the 20H2 Test version of Win10 mainly for the Start Menu now having transparent tiles similar to how they were on W10M but alas I can't really enjoy it because of the "lack" of transparency for everything that is NOT a tile. I can't even...
  7. Windows 10 Pro v1909 18363.720 Spontaneous Hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Pro v1909 18363.720 Spontaneous Hibernation: Hi, A few minutes after wake from Hibernation, for no apparent reason a DOS prompt pops up out of nowhere and my computer Hibernates. This may happen also after reboot, but I'm not sure. The Event Viewer seems to show exactly the same as if I had instantiated it myself...
  8. Windows 10 taskbar slightly visible in applications that are in fullscreen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 taskbar slightly visible in applications that are in fullscreen.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/M_Huzaifa12 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dw406h/windows_10_taskbar_slightly_visible_in/
  9. Activating Windows 10 Pro on used Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activating Windows 10 Pro on used Laptop: I just bought my laptop used and it came with windows 10 pro on it but it wont let me activate saying product key is wrong. Is there anyway of having it sent to me or getting just regular windows 10 home what are my options?...
  10. Using Cortana Intelligence in HoloLens Applications

in Windows 10 News
    Using Cortana Intelligence in HoloLens Applications: Telemetry plays an important role when you operationalize new experiences/apps that span the web, mobile and IoT, including new gadgets such as the Microsoft HoloLens. The abundance of data that is made available can help developers monitor and track system health and usage...