Windows 10: Cortana, Start Menu, Outlook, Microsoft Store and Microsoft Edge not working after update

Discus and support Cortana, Start Menu, Outlook, Microsoft Store and Microsoft Edge not working after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I updated my computer yesterday with an automatic update. When I logged in this morning, Cortana, Start Menu, Outlook, Microsoft Store and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BrennanBall, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Cortana, Start Menu, Outlook, Microsoft Store and Microsoft Edge not working after update

Hello.

I updated my computer yesterday with an automatic update. When I logged in this morning, Cortana, Start Menu, Outlook, Microsoft Store and Microsoft Edge were not working.

I'm not sure what to do, and google is giving me answers from 3 years ago. This only happened after I updated.

:)

BrennanBall, Jun 14, 2019
  2. Geethu B Win User

Start Menu, Edge and Cortana, Store not opened

Hi Mariappan,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with opening
    Start Menu, Windows Store, Microsoft Edge and Cortana. I appreciate your efforts to resolve this issue,
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to corrupt System Files or User Account.

I suggest you to try the steps in the following article which will fix common issues with starting Start Menu and Cortana.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 14, 2019
  3. Microsoft Edge, Cortana, Start Window, Microsoft Store and Notifications not working!

Hi Lewis,

Thanks for updating us with the status of the issue. We apologize for the delay in response.

Please reply to the following questions for understanding the issue better:

• When you say “it’s taken Microsoft Edge”, are you not able to see the browser on your desktop?
    • Did you check if the “other program” files are still located in the PC?

The Edge browser may not be located on the taskbar or on the Start menu after performing an
    In-place upgrade on the computer.

I suggest you to check if the Edge browser is located in
    All apps by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard to bring up the
      Start menu.
    • Click on All apps located at the bottom left side panel of the
      Start menu.
    • Scroll the window down to M alphabet and check if
      Microsoft
      Edge is present.
    • If yes, right click on the app and select Pin to Start or hover the mouse pointer over at
      More and select Pin to taskbar.
    • Next time, press Windows logo key on the keyboard and check if the
      Microsoft
      Edge tile is pinned to the Start menu or in the taskbar as performed.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Cortana, Start Menu, Outlook, Microsoft Store and Microsoft Edge not working after update

No Cortana Icon on Microsoft Edge

Hi Praveen,

It is possible that the Show search and site suggestions as I type option in Microsoft Edge isn't enabled which explains why the Cortana icon is not visible. To check, follow these steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click the Menu button (...).
    • Click Settings.
    • Scroll down and click View advanced settings.

• Turn on the toggle switch for the Have Cortana assist me in Microsoft Edge
      option.

• Turn on the toggle switch for the Show search and site suggestions as I type option.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Cortana, Start Menu, Outlook, Microsoft Store and Microsoft Edge not working after update

1. Cortana, Start Menu, Outlook, Microsoft Store and Microsoft Edge not working after update - Similar Threads - Cortana Start Menu

2. Outlook doesn't work after Microsoft Edge install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook doesn't work after Microsoft Edge install: I am running MS Office 2010 with Outlook 2010. After I upgraded my PC to Windows 10 several months ago, it's been working fine until today. Today when I turned on my PC, Microsoft Edge came up. It was installed automatically overnight install date 7/15/20. Yesterday my...
  3. Start, Cortana,Edge & Search Menu

in Cortana
    Start, Cortana,Edge & Search Menu: Hi, can anyone help me out with this? Start, Cortana, Edge & Search Menu are no longer working correctly after downloading Windows 10 Pro 1903 OS Build 18362.329 32 bitX64 for 86 based systems(KB 4512941) Aug 30 update. I've still got the start button & search bar but it...
  4. Start menu, cortana and edge not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu, cortana and edge not working: So i have an msi laptop which has been amazing, i stopped using it for a while, decided id start it back up. I did a system refresh, removing everything so i could start fresh, set it all up and my start button doesn't work, so i reset and still nothing... i have watched so...
  5. Internet is not working in Microsoft edge, internet explorer, Microsoft store and cortana....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet is not working in Microsoft edge, internet explorer, Microsoft store and cortana....: I tried reset internet properties and Inplace Microsoft upgrade but nothing helps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-is-not-working-in-microsoft-edge-internet/0297ef94-a40f-4378-baf1-cba90c6c75f5
  6. Stop Microsoft Store, Edge with Cortana

in Cortana
    Stop Microsoft Store, Edge with Cortana: I have been burned by stuff in the Microsoft App Store and do not want to waste my time there ever again. I would sooner download some unvouched for beta package from Sourceforge or Github...or even get a "nothing found" result so that I don't go through the hassle of reading...
  7. START BUTTON CORTANA MICROSOFT EDGE NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Customization
    START BUTTON CORTANA MICROSOFT EDGE NOT WORKING: START BUTTON CORTANA MICROSOFT EDGE NOT WORKING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-cortana-microsoft-edge-not-working/b7ecc347-dbbf-4f92-ab36-97c3d0ac79f5
  8. Updated to 1809 now no Edge, Cortana or Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Support
    Updated to 1809 now no Edge, Cortana or Microsoft Store: Edge, Cortana & Microsoft Store no longer work. Everything else works Google Chrome, Emails, Internet Explorer etc etc.... If I turn on my VPN everything works. Tried sfc/scannow and no errors Checked Ipv6 is enabled 119138
  9. Microsoft Edge and Cortana

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Edge and Cortana: I also hate these two programs and it is unacceptable that Microsoft is trying to decide for us, what programs are beneficial. They need to write a patch to completely remove these two programs(they are not apps, apps are on an Android phone, by the way app is an acronym...
  10. Start Menu / Settings / Edge / Cortana - None are working...!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu / Settings / Edge / Cortana - None are working...!: Hi - I'm having trouble with windows on my Surface Pro. I'm using Windows 10 Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.165). On my toolbar the following items are unresponsive to left clicks: Start Menu Cortana Any items in the far right corner (calendar, wifi, battery, etc)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. start menu and edge does not work