Windows 10: Cortana start menu pushing send SMS

Discus and support Cortana start menu pushing send SMS in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On cortana when I click it, normally I get some useful info, weather, appointments etc but lately I notice it comes up with something additional in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scottyboy99, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Cortana start menu pushing send SMS

On cortana when I click it, normally I get some useful info, weather, appointments etc but lately I notice it comes up with something additional in trying to advertise its app on mobile devices like iOS and android and there is no way to get rid of it. It's very annoying. It's saying something like SMS to mobile and if memory serves me right it wants your mobile number. In the past it would periodically come up, looked a bit different but there was always an option to click 'not now' and that would be the end of it for a while. But this latest attempt by MS seems to have no option to remove it unless anyone knows something I'm blatantly missing. Personally I'm not interested, I use iPhone as my mobile device of choice and have no desire to see cortana on it.

:)

Scottyboy99, Jul 5, 2017
  2. vb-indo Win User

HTC TyII WITH WM6.0 - ANYONE GOT SHORTCUT TO SEND SMS INSTEAD OF 6 STEPS?

Sending lots of SMS Im continuaully faced with 6 steps to send new SMS

• - push messaging button

• - push SMS/MMS screen entry

• - menu

• - new

• - 1st choice is MMS (which i dont use)

• - 2nd choice is SMS - which I use continully

Anyone got a shortcut to doing this? ( I also have a PALM 650 - its 2 BUTTON pushs to do same job...!!! )

vb-indo, Jul 5, 2017
  3. Dajma Win User
    Cortana SMS

Cortana cannot send SMS since build 10586. Has anyone else experienced this?

1. If you do "send text to ...." Cortana just goes into "Thinking...." message and nothing happens.

2. I have noticed that sometimes Cortana does not respond when I click in the search bar.

3. The start menu seems to be slow.

Anyone else seen similar issues?

Dajma, Jul 5, 2017
  4. Cortana start menu pushing send SMS

I just received an Action Center notification for SMS with Cortana. Seems they're pushing a lot of their stuff lately. Just a couple days ago I had a Skype message too. I don't use either one, so I guess that's why the push. Got me. You can turn app suggestions off in settings, but they don't really bother me. Yet....

Bobby Phoenix, Jul 6, 2017
Thema:

Cortana start menu pushing send SMS

1. Cortana start menu pushing send SMS - Similar Threads - Cortana start menu

2. Start menu and Cortana not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu and Cortana not working: Hi, I uninstalled a quality update of windows 11 because my computer has been freezing several times and after I uninstalled, my computer went well for only a few minutes before it freezed again. My cursor was the only thing that can move while my PC frozed. It showed me a...
  3. start menu and cortana

in Cortana
    start menu and cortana: start menu and cortana do not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-and-cortana/af6eb818-795d-4653-9bb3-28c3706de982
  4. Cortana has stopped sending SMS messages and Emails

in Cortana
    Cortana has stopped sending SMS messages and Emails: Both these functions used to work great, but as of the last (March 2019) update, both have stopped working. When I ask Cortana to send a message or compose an email, it just opens up a web search result. Windows all up to date, troubleshooter finds no problems; I'm beat!...
  5. Sending SMS from PC using Cortana and Windows phone

in Cortana
    Sending SMS from PC using Cortana and Windows phone: I used to send text/SMS messages from my PC (desktop and laptop) using Cortana by typing in the command "send text". It has suddenly stopped working and now I get the message "I'm sorry I can't send messages here. Try Cortana on your phone". I have a windows phone and use...
  6. Cortana not sending SMS from my PC

in Cortana
    Cortana not sending SMS from my PC: When I initiate a text from Cortana on my PC (Surface Pro 4), I get the normal message that says, "I'll send that text using your phone. It may take a minute depending on connectivity." However, it stays on that screen and never sends the text. It was working fine a few days...
  7. Start Menu and Cortana Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu and Cortana Not Working: So for the past couple of months I've been dealing with this issue. I managed to fix a couple of other issues with my computer, mainly wifi driver issues but I still can't open up my start menu or cortana. Another Issue I have are daily blue screens from driver failure fslx....
  8. start menu is not working and cortana

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu is not working and cortana: suddenly my start menu and cortana is not working please help fast 33252
  9. Cortana and Start Menu Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana and Start Menu Not Working: After the most recent Windows Update, the Start Menu and Cortana stopped working. You can't type in the search bar and can't click on anything in the Start Menu. This is Windows 10 on a Dell XPS that was originally Windows 7. I tried a bunch of things and when I did a sfc...
  10. No Start Menu? No Cortana?

in Windows 10 Support
    No Start Menu? No Cortana?: Everything was working ABSOLUTELY AWESOMELY with build 10041. As of 7:00 p.m. central time 3/22/2014. Now, I log into my computer this morning and nothing Start is just not working. I can't get into settings (any way that I know) to revert back. Can someone please assist in...