Windows 10: Cortana/start menu/task bar not working

Discus and support Cortana/start menu/task bar not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Cortana or the searchui process are not in my task manager, so I ran a sfc /scannow. I have no idea how to tell what it's saying in the log, but I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by desteaknee, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Cortana/start menu/task bar not working

Cortana or the searchui process are not in my task manager, so I ran a sfc /scannow. I have no idea how to tell what it's saying in the log, but I can see it found some corrupted files.

I was going to attach it but the size limit is 2mb, and my log is 8mb. What should I do?

:)

desteaknee, Mar 30, 2019
  2. Al197 Win User

Start menu not working, Cortana not working.

I'm on Windows 10 and the following stopped working:

Start menu

Cortana

Notifications on task bar

Wifi connections list button on task bar

Windows + I ( We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date)

I recently reinstalled windows after a failure to start up. This was done through troubleshooting. Everything worked normally for a while then things started to go wrong. I've tried running sfc /scannow without
    success, restarted "Windows Explorer", I have uninstalled and resinstalled Windows applications, Nothing works.

Any suggestions other than a Windows reinstall?

Thanks

Al197, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Cortana, Task Bar and Start Menu not working.

Original Title:

My Windows 10 Task Bar and Start Menu are not working.

Hello,

Since the beginning of the month, my task bar and start menu are not functioning correctly. I am unable to right click on programs on the task bar. I am unable left click on the volume control, notifcations, internet, or calendar/time. Left clicking on the
    start menu and cortona does nothing either.

I have searched online for a few fixes, but nothing seems to work.

Would appreciate any help.

Zarek Shaikh

ZarekShaikh, Oct 2, 2019
  4. Cortana/start menu/task bar not working

Michael Gall, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

Cortana/start menu/task bar not working

1. Cortana/start menu/task bar not working - Similar Threads - Cortana start menu

2. Start menu not working and task bar empty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu not working and task bar empty: i updated my drivers and windows then my start menu and task bar stopped working. iv tried almost everything that's on the internet, but it doesn't look like the start menu is not even running in task manager....
  3. Start menu and task bar doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu and task bar doesn't work: I get the same problem over and over again. Installed windows again and after a while the same problem. Start menu daoesn't work or anything on taskbar. Also copy paste stops to work. I am really sick of this. Installing windows over again. StartMenuExperienceHost.exe...
  4. Start menu and task bar doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu and task bar doesn't work: I get the same problem over and over again. Installed windows again and after a while the same problem. Start menu daoesn't work or anything on taskbar. Also copy paste stops to work. I am really sick of this. Installing windows over again. StartMenuExperienceHost.exe...
  5. Start menu and task bar doesn't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Task bar and start menu not working on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task bar and start menu not working on startup: There is this annoying issue where anytime I power on my PC it takes a couple seconds longer than usual to boot up and the taskbar and start menu just wont work. There is a blue icon spinning and when clicking the taskbar my screen flashes and nothing happens. I have to shut...
  7. TASK BAR AND START MENU BUTTON NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    TASK BAR AND START MENU BUTTON NOT WORKING: Don't know what I did, but a few weeks ago: 1 task bar buttons nonresponsive 2 windows start icon nonresponsive 3 start to work and some programs have been closed, i.e. Quickbooks...
  8. Cortana/start menu/task bar not working

in Cortana
    Cortana/start menu/task bar not working: Cortana or the searchui process are not in my task manager, so I ran a sfc /scannow. I have no idea how to tell what it's saying in the log, but I can see it found some corrupted files. How to I attach the cbs.log on here?...
  9. Windows start menu not working and no task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows start menu not working and no task bar: i turn on my laptop Windows 10 it does not ask me to sign in the desktop comes up with nothing on the task bar except for speaker Internet etc no browser option if I click on anything it does not work also the Windows sta button or cortana does not work if I click on it. I...
  10. Start menu button and task bar not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu button and task bar not working: Start menu won't function and all pinned apps have disappeared from task bar. On my task manager it shows 99 Windows processes operating but no IE or Windows icon on task manager. I was shopping on Amazon after an update yesterday when I believe I encountered malware. Help...