Windows 10: cortana still not working

Discus and support cortana still not working in Cortana to solve the problem; ok after my update of windows 10 I noticed cortana was not working as it should ie not sending/receiving texts or emails. the same message kept coming... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Donna-Marie., Mar 7, 2019.

1. cortana still not working

ok after my update of windows 10 I noticed cortana was not working as it should ie not sending/receiving texts or emails. the same message kept coming up 'cortana can not send messages' try your mobile app'. now I have tried every thing that has been mentioned in online advice forums etc including using the virtual agents remote desk top etc. several agents have had access to my computer and laptop to try and rectify the issue without success. The last encounter for that issue was for an agent to reset my laptop, she assured me that my files documents etc would not be affected, now Im no computer tech and very much green around the gills with computer stuff (or was until this happened) so I gave my permission as you do, my experience became somewhat stressful from that point. the reset resulted in my screen going blue, yep the blue screen of death. So Im now totally p****d at the realisation Ive now lost all my work, I then began the task of hard booting my laptop and reinstalling from a clean state, that whole procedure was a nightmare as at that point my only contact with Microsoft was on my mobile phone and they needed another desktop for me to connect to so that they could save windows 10 on usb for me to reboot my laptop with, my only other desktop ie computer was in the loft gathering dust, so outcome the ladders and off I trot to retrieve and set up the old girl only to find as expected she was outdated and couldn't connect to support team... after several searches and a sleepless night to rectify the simple task of opening a connection, and a few other things, I finally managed and after a hard reboot and clean installation of current windows 10 on my laptop ……. Guess what...…… Cortana still doesn't work...……… morals of the story....1) forget Cortana she is too much trouble and obviously its a programme issue. 2) never let a remote Microsoft agent reset your computer to rectify the solution of Cortana, without knowing things could go wrong. 3) always have a back up device if possible.

on a positive note my old girl has a new lease of life she has had a hard reboot and windows 10 installed performed by yours truly all by herself without any help. Ive learnt a lot this week.

PS have a great day.

:)

Donna-Marie., Mar 7, 2019

2. Cortana not working

Hi,

Just to ensure that the settings are configured correctly, please try the steps below.

This issue may occur if location settings are not turned on for Cortana.

To turn on location settings for Cortana, I suggest you to try these steps and check if it helps.

• Click on Start Button and type Location in the search.

• Open Location Privacy Settings.

• Under the option "choose apps that can use your location" check if Cortana is turned on.

• If not turn on and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Joy Kemprai, Mar 7, 2019
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Mar 7, 2019
  4. cortana still not working

Microphone not working with Cortana

Hi,

I appreciate you for providing detail of the issue.

I suggest you to try below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Cortana & Search settings.
    • Slide the slider to On in Hey Cortana.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

cortana still not working

1. cortana still not working - Similar Threads - cortana still working

2. why is Cortana still useless?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is Cortana still useless?: I really really really want cortana to work, but it literally does nothing.I ask it to 'open word' and it says it cannot help with thatI ask it to play some music and it says the same sometimes it bing searches google play music - which is a service that doesn't even exist...
  3. why is Cortana still useless?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is Cortana still useless?: I really really really want cortana to work, but it literally does nothing.I ask it to 'open word' and it says it cannot help with thatI ask it to play some music and it says the same sometimes it bing searches google play music - which is a service that doesn't even exist...
  4. cortana is not working

cortana is not working: if i say something it will answer another thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-not-working/68f26d63-889d-46de-ae3b-5f88a71a8703
  5. I turned on cortana speech recognition but its not still working

in Cortana
    I turned on cortana speech recognition but its not still working: This is just images of it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-turned-on-cortana-speech-recognition-but-its-not/a1172674-b25d-4e25-83ea-e086051cd5e7
  6. Cortana still not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana still not working: So a little while ago,. I updated to windows 10 20h2. I noticed my cortana was no longer working. I reinstalled windows 10 today and it still doesn't work on a new install of Windows. submitted by /u/ProGamer1151 [link] [comments]...
  7. cortana not working

in Cortana
    cortana not working: i just installed windows 10 and when i try to use cortana it shows this pop up tell me how to resolve this? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-not-working/8afb0c60-8868-4309-9e7b-0f3717ec20ec
  8. Cortana not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cortana not working: I need help with this : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-not-working/498b11b8-f308-42d5-8ce1-91e74cffdc25
  9. Cortana not working

in Cortana
    Cortana not working: My Windows 10 was upgraded as of Feb 15th and I lost the microphone in the search box and Cortana will not function. If I say "Hey Cortana", I get a "listening" response window but nothing more happens. What gives? Microphone and audio are working fine and so is my language...
  10. Cortana not working

Cortana not working: Hi all.... I am having trouble trying to get Cortana to work, I click the mike icon and the window appears but it dosent seem to hear me . It asks me to test the mike and I speak and it says its fixed but its just the same. When I press the windows button and C the window...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana not answering 2019

2. cortana not working on my mobile phone