Windows 10: Cortana stops notifications when desktop is blank [full screen mode]

Discus and support Cortana stops notifications when desktop is blank [full screen mode] in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, After a fresh install 1909, all updates when I minimize all Windows and have a blank desktop, Cortana stops all notifications because it "thinks"... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by MaasOne, Feb 2, 2020.

1. MaasOne Win User

Cortana stops notifications when desktop is blank [full screen mode]

Hi,

After a fresh install 1909, all updates when I minimize all Windows and have a blank desktop, Cortana stops all notifications because it "thinks" I'm in full screen mode. That's really annoying.

Is that a known problem? Is there a solution?

Thanks in advance!

Maas

p.s.: Turning off the full screen mode silence option is not an acceptable solution.

:)

MaasOne, Feb 2, 2020

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Anniversary Edition-how to stop the Cortana messages at loging?

Here is another set of steps that you could follow:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Select Notifications & actions.
    • Under Notifications, turn off Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows.
    • Turn off Cortana if it's listed under Get notifications from these senders.

Keep us updated.

Ruizell Rey, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Cortana stops notifications when desktop is blank [full screen mode]

projection mode - flashing screen

Thank you for the information. Since you’ve already tried to rollback to a previous version of the driver, we suggest checking the settings if the device is set to Tablet mode. To do so, please follow these steps.

• Access device settings by typing Settings using Cortana’s search bar.
    • On settings, choose System.
    • Select Tablet mode on the options.
    • Please make sure that under When I sign in, the option is set to Use desktop mode.

Keep us posted regarding the concern and if further assistance is necessary.

Arthur Rui, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Cortana stops notifications when desktop is blank [full screen mode]

1. Cortana stops notifications when desktop is blank [full screen mode] - Similar Threads - Cortana stops notifications

2. Blank screen when going on safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank screen when going on safe mode: So I recently did a reset on my windows 10 pc and I had bit locker on as well but I still see my login screen to put password and everything and says unable to find user and when I wanted to go on safe mode and when I signed in it let me and it was slow to load and when it...
  3. Blank screen when going on safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank screen when going on safe mode: So I recently did a reset on my windows 10 pc and I had bit locker on as well but I still see my login screen to put password and everything and says unable to find user and when I wanted to go on safe mode and when I signed in it let me and it was slow to load and when it...
  4. Blank screen when going on safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Multiple desktops and full screen mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple desktops and full screen mode: The way I understand it, if I switch any application to full screen mode, a separate desktop should be created for it. This does not happen. Okay, I thought I will drag the application to another desktop I created and switch it to full screen mode there. I do this. Let it be...
  6. Multiple desktops and full screen mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple desktops and full screen mode: The way I understand it, if I switch any application to full screen mode, a separate desktop should be created for it. This does not happen. Okay, I thought I will drag the application to another desktop I created and switch it to full screen mode there. I do this. Let it be...
  7. Multiple desktops and full screen mode

8. Full screen mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full screen mode: When im playing fifa my windows randomly exits full screen mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-screen-mode/86d6b229-11ed-4bd3-b518-c92a0dc90bc2
  9. Deactivate Notification-Assistant in full screen mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deactivate Notification-Assistant in full screen mode: Hi all, Is it possible to deactive the regularly notifications from the notification-assistant? Tried many variations in the settings, but it comes regularly. Honestly I don't understand what this messages is telling me and what the purpose is. [ATTACH] my settings did...
  10. Stop Cortana going full-screen

Stop Cortana going full-screen: I'd like to be able to use Cortana to set timers without it taking up the screen so I have to use the X in the top right corner to continue to use my PC. Having to use my mouse to get Cortana out of the way undermines having been able to use my voice to set the timer. 88029

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana thinks full screen