Windows 10: Cortana stops working in three seconds

Discus and support Cortana stops working in three seconds in Cortana to solve the problem; Can somebody please help me with Cortana, it just pops up the listening window to shut down in three seconds and nothing happens, maybe it was some... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Ememe, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Ememe Win User

Cortana stops working in three seconds

Can somebody please help me with Cortana, it just pops up the listening window to shut down in three seconds and nothing happens, maybe it was some Windows update that made her stop working. Help needed here, thanks in advance.

:)

Ememe, Nov 19, 2019

2. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Cortana stopped working

Cortana completely stopped working followed all the suggestions that are post on line nothing works. So how do I reinstall Cortana

EdRichards2, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Cortana stops working in three seconds

Cortana stopped showing my calendar events on cortana home

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

Cortana stops working in three seconds

1. Cortana stops working in three seconds - Similar Threads - Cortana stops working

2. Second monitor stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor stopped working: I have an second monitor which suddenly stopped working. The scond monitor is detected but displays "HDMI no signal"I have:- updated the display adapter driver from manufacturer Dell - no change- tried the HDMI cable on multiple devices - cable works- hooked up the monitor to...
  3. Second monitor stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second monitor stopped working: I have an second monitor which suddenly stopped working. The scond monitor is detected but displays "HDMI no signal"I have:- updated the display adapter driver from manufacturer Dell - no change- tried the HDMI cable on multiple devices - cable works- hooked up the monitor to...
  4. Second display stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second display stopped working: I have a Surface Pro 7 connected to a Kensington SD 7000 dock and a second display. The second display has worked normally since purchasing the Pro 7 and for some time after I upgraded to Windows 11. The second display has just gone black. The Pro 7 seems to detect the second...
  5. Second display stopped working

Second display stopped working: I have a Surface Pro 7 connected to a Kensington SD 7000 dock and a second display. The second display has worked normally since purchasing the Pro 7 and for some time after I upgraded to Windows 11. The second display has just gone black. The Pro 7 seems to detect the second...
  6. cortana stopped working

in Cortana
    cortana stopped working: has just stopped, any fixes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-stopped-working/efb116d4-b28c-446e-8753-d2590db5a334"
  7. second monitor stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    second monitor stopped working: second monitor stopped working after windows 10 update??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-monitor-stopped-working/e5291440-ff87-4ee6-916e-b918210a6654
  8. Cortana just stops working

Cortana just stops working: I can't believe I am the only person with this problem. Cortana works , more or less, for a day or so and then just suddenly I click on "ask me anything" and nothing happens. Cortana is just plain non-responsive. If I re-boot my machine it starts working again until the next...
  9. Cortana stopped working

Cortana stopped working: When I start using Cortana it will not connect to the Internet. I say, for example, "Hey Cortana" then I say "Facebook Log in" it copies what I say but then comes back with, "The Internet and I are not talking right now." or "I can't connect right now, try again in a little...
  10. Reliability Monitor: Cortana - Stopped working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reliability Monitor: Cortana - Stopped working: I have upgraded to Windows 10 first my laptop and, more recently, my desktop. I use Reliability Monitor daily. Three days into Windows 10, Reliability Monitor on my desktop reported an application failure yesterday: "Cortana - stopped working". There are two further such...