Windows 10: Cortana suddenly appeared since Windows 2004 update, how to disable it?

Discus and support Cortana suddenly appeared since Windows 2004 update, how to disable it? in Cortana to solve the problem; Morning tsm. Yesterday I downloaded the latest Windows Update (2004). And now there is Cortana in addition to the normal search bar "Search the Web".... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by joelhzz, Jun 5, 2020.

1. joelhzz Win User

Cortana suddenly appeared since Windows 2004 update, how to disable it?

Morning tsm.

Yesterday I downloaded the latest Windows Update (2004). And now there is Cortana in addition to the normal search bar "Search the Web". First I took away her permissions.

Do you know how to disable/uninstall Cortana so that I only have the search bar as before and not Cortana as well?

Saw that a new Cortana is an app. Can you just uninstall it?

Ps: As I said the search bar I want to keep only Cortana that is next door should be gone.

:)

joelhzz, Jun 5, 2020
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jun 5, 2020
  4. Cortana suddenly appeared since Windows 2004 update, how to disable it?

How to disable Cortana/Have a search menu that is actually helpful.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to turn off Cortana settings.

• Login to Windows 10 computer with your Microsoft account.
    • Click on Cortana search bar.
    • In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    • Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    • Then turn off Cortana option.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Cortana suddenly appeared since Windows 2004 update, how to disable it?

1. Cortana suddenly appeared since Windows 2004 update, how to disable it? - Similar Threads - Cortana suddenly appeared

2. Windows not updated since 2004

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not updated since 2004: Hi, My Windows has not been updated since version 2004, which will soon lose support. Every time I try to update the first parts work fine, but on the last reboot it gets stuck at the boot logo, after which I have to force the reset, causing the update to roll back. Is there...
  3. Windows not updated since 2004

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not updated since 2004: Hi, My Windows has not been updated since version 2004, which will soon lose support. Every time I try to update the first parts work fine, but on the last reboot it gets stuck at the boot logo, after which I have to force the reset, causing the update to roll back. Is there...
  4. Windows not updated since 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows not updated since 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows not updated since 2004: My Windows has not been updated since version 2004 Every time I try to update, the first phases work fine, but on the last reboot it gets stuck at the boot logo, after which I have to force the reset, causing the update to roll back. I did the SFC and DISM commands. All my...
  6. cortana is not working on lockscreen since 2004 update

in Cortana
    cortana is not working on lockscreen since 2004 update: hi my cortana is not working on lockscreen . what i will do? cortana is not working after 2004 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-not-working-on-lockscreen-since-2004/1f24a534-991d-401c-85a9-548bf9418369
  7. cortana after 2004 update

in Cortana
    cortana after 2004 update: why did cortana go back to its old way of communicating? it is much less user friendly now! before this update i could just say hey cortana, without clicking on anything, and she would listen for my question, etc. also, she would turn off the pc with my command. now she...
  8. How to I disable Cortana in version 2004?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to I disable Cortana in version 2004?: So I installed the newest update yesterday, so far so good. Except now Cortana is forced on me? Even though it's not available in my region? Anyways, it's annoying because I alt+tab a lot, and everytime I do that, instead of changing windows it brings up Cortana. Thanks in...
  9. Cortana not working since windows update

in Cortana
    Cortana not working since windows update: Hi since running the windows big update this year, cortana refuses to work. she worked prior to the update. I'm in the insider programme and am on 18970.rs. Cortana has no options on the settings screen and I cant seem to find a way to get any. i'm running a hp spectre...
  10. Cortana Partially Appearing After Disabling. How to Disable Cortana Completely?

in Cortana
    Cortana Partially Appearing After Disabling. How to Disable Cortana Completely?: Hello, I am trying to disable cortana in my new laptop Windows 10 system, which I am still configuring things. I followed some steps in regedit and set a flag to 0. Source: https://www.hows.tech/2019/04/disable-cortana-in-windows-10.html But it is still showing up the...