Windows 10: Cortana suggests the wrong app

Discus and support Cortana suggests the wrong app in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, I only have the Windows 10 mail app installed to manage my emails. Every time I say "open my email" Cortana suggests "Mail" and "Settings". How... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Gabriel FA, May 16, 2020.

1. Cortana suggests the wrong app

Hi,

I only have the Windows 10 mail app installed to manage my emails.

Every time I say "open my email" Cortana suggests "Mail" and "Settings".

How can I remove the "Settings" option?

I've just done a clean install.

Thanks.

:)

Gabriel FA, May 16, 2020

2. Cortana will not sync with my andoid device cortana app and the windows 10 pc embedded app!

Hello Devin,

There are several workarounds that we can perform for us to troubleshoot the problem with your
    Cortana on your Android device. In the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• On your Android device, open Settings.
    • Go to Application Manager.
    • Select the Cortana app.
    • Tap on Clear Cache.
    • Reset your device.

Let us know if the these steps resolve the issue.

Lawrence Lib, May 16, 2020
  3. Try0x101 Win User
    Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

Cortana suggests the wrong app [​IMG]

Try0x101, May 16, 2020
  4. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana suggests the wrong app

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Cortana suggests the wrong app

1. Cortana suggests the wrong app - Similar Threads - Cortana suggests wrong

2. Cortana gives wrong location

in Cortana
    Cortana gives wrong location: After installing the October 2020 feature update, Cortana started misbehaving. I live in Ottawa, but if I ask for the weather report or a store it puts me in Toronto. I have set the default location correctly, and have given permission to every app to use my location....
  3. What's wrong with Cortana ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's wrong with Cortana ?: Images - 1. Cortana Settings I'm sorry, this may seem trivial, but did any of the new updates do something to Cortana on my device? Also I'm pretty sure, there was a setting called Cortana in itself, that doesn't seem to be there as well. Is this some kind of under...
  4. App Suggestions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App Suggestions: Hi Below is a screenshot of the current apps I have installed. I was wondering if anyone can suggest some that can help make my computer better or more convenient. Maybe I'm missing a critical one? [img] 168912
  5. Mailbox wrong location for Cortana

in Cortana
    Mailbox wrong location for Cortana: Hi, I have an issue with Cortana which does not appear on my previous computer. All the settings are the same, and this is what I have if I run Cortana with my account. [ATTACH] I tried everything, re-install, change location on my device, change permission, etc. I...
  6. Cortana reports wrong location

in Cortana
    Cortana reports wrong location: Cortana has wrong address for me and I have been unable to change it. Does anyone have any idea how to do this? I have tried multiple suggestions none have worked. It is very frustrating to told that I am in a location 4000 miles away when in reality I am less than 10....
  7. cortana is wrong

in Cortana
    cortana is wrong: something happens to cortana does not work can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-wrong/7f98c728-f072-4e4e-86dd-c1411c7eb73f"
  8. suggested apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    suggested apps: how do I turn off suggested apps from instalng and showing up on my start automatically? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/suggested-apps/352f9108-e745-468b-b07d-b3c31b486507
  9. Cortana tells wrong time

Cortana tells wrong time: This seems simple, but I can't find any way to get it right. Cortana can't seem to tell me the right time. I live in Ypsilanti, MI. Somehow Cortana thinks I live in Ypsilanti Twp., ND. So when I ask her what time it is, she's giving me a time from the North Dakota time...
  10. Cortana "Something went wrong."

Cortana "Something went wrong.": I finally upgraded to Windows 10 a week ago, and most things work fine. Cortana wakes up when I say, "hey, Cortana," then responds with "Something went wrong." Every time. If I say, "hey Cortana, play some music," it plays music from my PC. If I say, "hey Cortana, Open...