Windows 10: Cortana Switch in Settings won't stay on

Discus and support Cortana Switch in Settings won't stay on in Cortana to solve the problem; When I attempt to turn on the switch in settings so I Can get Cortana to respond when I say "Hey Cortana" will not stay on - when I turn the switch on,... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by RichardBascom77, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Cortana Switch in Settings won't stay on

When I attempt to turn on the switch in settings so I Can get Cortana to respond when I say "Hey Cortana" will not stay on - when I turn the switch on, it turns on but then turns off immediately. It won't stay turned on ?????

:)

RichardBascom77, Jan 28, 2019

2. Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

In Settings in Store I set "Update apps automatically" to Off.

When I go back in again it`s set back to On. Why won`t it stay switched Off?

How do I get this stupid **** to DO WHAT I TELL IT and SWITCH OFF?

What`s the point of having a Setting that you can`t Set?

H. G. (En), Jan 28, 2019
  3. cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 28, 2019
  4. Cortana Switch in Settings won't stay on

Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

Hi H. G.,

The possible reason why Update apps automatically turn back on is that the Store app is running in the background. We suggest that you turn off the Store app. This way, it won't receive any updates or send notifications unless opened or turned on
    manually.

To turn off Store app, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo, then go to Settings.
    • Click Privacy, then Background apps.
    • On the list, locate Store and toggle it off.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

Cortana Switch in Settings won't stay on

1. Cortana Switch in Settings won't stay on - Similar Threads - Cortana Switch Settings

2. "Set time zone automatically" won't stay on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Set time zone automatically" won't stay on: Hi, I'm using Windows 11 on a shared work computer; recently the Microsoft Store failed to install an app, and this forum suggested that enabling "set time zone automatically" might resolve the issue. Initially the setting was greyed out, after enabling location services it...
  3. "Set time zone automatically" won't stay on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Set time zone automatically" won't stay on: Hi, I'm using Windows 11 on a shared work computer; recently the Microsoft Store failed to install an app, and this forum suggested that enabling "set time zone automatically" might resolve the issue. Initially the setting was greyed out, after enabling location services it...
  4. OneDrive does not stay "Switched On" in Startup App Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive does not stay "Switched On" in Startup App Settings: Hi, I turn OneDrive "on" in Windows Startup App but the next time when I turn the laptop on, OneDrive does not start automatically and when I check the Startup App setting I find that OneDrive is switched back to off . Any idea why this might be? I'm using Avast free...
  5. Audio/Microphone settings won't stay set

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio/Microphone settings won't stay set: My sound and microphone settings will not stay set up and seem to reconfigure randomly.I got a new computer and Windows about a month ago. I set it up so that both my speakers and my headset are always active so that if I was using my headset I just turned my speakers off on...
  6. wifi switch/button won't stay on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi switch/button won't stay on: I have 2 laptops, one of them, I have no troubles with my wifi, the other laptop was working fine, but now, I can't access the internet because suddenly, my wifi switch/button will not stay on, it keeps sliding back to off. I have looked up answers on my one laptop on the...
  7. Advanced Update setting won't stay disabled.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Advanced Update setting won't stay disabled.: The option circled in RED will allow me to turn it off, but then it turns itself, right back on again. [img] Is there a registry setting that will keep this turned OFF. Windows 10 Home 163624
  8. "Settings" window won't stay open

in Windows 10 Support
    "Settings" window won't stay open: The "Settings" window will only stay open for a few seconds - then closes before I can access anything. Help? 161542
  9. bluetooth setting won't stay on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth setting won't stay on: i'm trying to use bluetooth on my pc, and whenever I turn the bluetooth slider to "on" and close the settings tab, it immediately turns off. why is it being stubborn?...
  10. windows settings app won't stay open

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows settings app won't stay open: hi, my windows 10 settings app won't open. Or my specifically, opens momentarily before closing on its own. I hear there is a program fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-settings-app-wont-stay-open/03f2e9b0-43fd-4af6-bb03-5e26fa4028e8

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana wont stay open

2. my cortana toggle wont switch on

3. hey cortana switch wont stay on

4. hey cortana button will not stay in enabled,
  5. cortana wont switch on