Windows 10: cortana taking controll of my laptop

Discus and support cortana taking controll of my laptop in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Cortana opens internet browser pages up to 15 or more. Closes programs I'm trying to use. Plays sounds, voices and other problem things. Making it... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by rdlyn2953, Aug 18, 2019.

1. rdlyn2953 Win User

cortana taking controll of my laptop

Cortana opens internet browser pages up to 15 or more. Closes programs I'm trying to use. Plays sounds, voices and other problem things. Making it almost impossible to use the laptop.

:)

rdlyn2953, Aug 18, 2019
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Ian Sal Win User
    Cortana Takes long time

Hi Umesh,

It might need a little adjustment with the settings. We would suggest following these steps to rectify this issue:

• If you typed your question to Cortana, she thinks you want the answer displayed rather than spoken. Select themicrophone icon
      in the search box and say something instead.
    • Your speakers might not be working. Search for Device Managerand select the arrow next to
      Sound, video and game controllers. If you don't see a sound card listed, or there's a yellow question mark on the name of the sound card, that may be the problem.
      Get help with sound problems.
    • Your mic might not be set up. Enter set up mic, choose the matching result, and follow the prompts.

Best Regards.

Ian Sal, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

1. cortana taking controll of my laptop - Similar Threads - cortana taking controll

2. cortana is not available in my laptop

in Cortana
    cortana is not available in my laptop: i am not having cortana in my laptop anywhere nor in my microsoft store... what do i do.. plz helpadil.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-not-available-in-my-laptop/e4193460-fd11-49a2-bc15-517066eceb3d
  3. cortana is not available in my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cortana is not available in my laptop: i am not having cortana in my laptop anywhere nor in my microsoft store... what do i do.. plz helpadil.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-not-available-in-my-laptop/e4193460-fd11-49a2-bc15-517066eceb3d
  4. cortana is not available in my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Taking control of a computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Taking control of a computer: This didn't happen yet and I'm very sorry if I'm not supposed to ask questions like this, you can always ignore it.So I had let's say some kind of dream or nightmare where I downloaded l4d2 and someone was able to control my mouse and keyboard. Is there any way to protect...
  6. Cortana - "Thanks for taking an interest!"

in Cortana
    Cortana - "Thanks for taking an interest!": Tried to install Cortana because it didn't come "preinstalled" on my default account. However I opened an another account as an admin, Cortana works there. Windows 10 build: 1909 no update because windows 10 20h2 is unstable...
  7. Cortana Computer Control

in Cortana
    Cortana Computer Control: Can you use Cortana to control your computer for instance shut it down? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-computer-control/9fa7b4f5-b371-4175-a9f0-f9787103df91
  8. University/Organization Account take control my laptop(Window10)

in Windows 10 Customization
    University/Organization Account take control my laptop(Window10): I am studying in Master degree , then My university gave us Account with emaill/password to all students for using Microsoft office,One Drive ,etc for free after I sign in with that email on my laptop (sing in on microsoft word ) , I lost control to my computer in major...
  9. Someone is taking over control of my Windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Someone is taking over control of my Windows 10 Laptop: I am the owner, hopefully the administrator and the only user of my laptop Lenovo Yoga 510 computer. It has Windows 10 operating system and Home Office 365. Every now and then when I try to open a saved file, I get a message 'This file is locked by another user. Should a Read...
  10. Hacker taking control of my computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hacker taking control of my computer?: Hi, about 40 minutes ago i was playing a game of rainbow six siege on my computer when in the chat i started posting messages not even written by me. This was very confronting so i immediately unpluged the ethenet cable and closed the game. I started a full scan on my...