Windows 10: Cortana tells wrong time

Discus and support Cortana tells wrong time in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Don't think so, don't recognise the Indian Town Cant get this feature to work on desktop, but if I ask Cortana where am I on my Win 10 Phone it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by StuckOnWords, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Cortana tells wrong time

Don't think so, don't recognise the Indian Town
    Cant get this feature to work on desktop, but if I ask Cortana where am I on my Win 10 Phone it is spot on, ask for the time and get the below info

Cortana tells wrong time [​IMG]

paulsalter, Feb 4, 2016

2. I found this on Microsoft's website for help, the Microsoft Community, in a thread entitled, "Windows 10 location is wrong". It was posted by a Microsoft Forum Moderator on August 18, 2015 :

"We are aware of this problem and the frustration it is causing. Currently there's no way to fix the incorrect location used by Cortana or Maps, the location platform on Windows tries to get your current location based on whatever data is available and in PC cases the accuracy is not always good. "

Here is the address to the spot in the thread where he writes that:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...aaa068e?page=2

In another thread entitled, "Location shown in Cortana and Maps may not be accurate", that same Forum Moderator states some potential explanations for things based on GPS and ISP. I'm not convinced it solves anything, but maybe it helps some people, so here is the address of that:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...0f96040?page=1

StuckOnWords, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cortana tells wrong time

1. Cortana tells wrong time - Similar Threads - Cortana tells wrong

2. Wrong time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong time: I built my windows 11 pc over the winter, since daylight saving changed this month my time has been 1 hour ahead I've set the auto-adjust daylight to off because my country doesn't use it, the time displayed in the date and time settings is correct but the time displayed on...
  3. Wrong time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong time: I built my windows 11 pc over the winter, since daylight saving changed this month my time has been 1 hour ahead I've set the auto-adjust daylight to off because my country doesn't use it, the time displayed in the date and time settings is correct but the time displayed on...
  4. Wrong time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wrong time: All of a sudden most of the UTC+1 clocks show 1 hour ahead, but only half of them. I noticed my time changed 1 hour forward (DST was awhile ago), so I checked. My time zone is correct and it updates automatically. I'm in UTC+1 and googling the time shows the correct time,...
  5. Time is wrong.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time is wrong.: My time has been wrong for quite some time now. I have tried everything. When I go to change my time zone it will automatically change it back to Pacific time. How would I restart the time driver?...
  6. What's wrong with Cortana ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's wrong with Cortana ?: Images - 1. Cortana Settings I'm sorry, this may seem trivial, but did any of the new updates do something to Cortana on my device? Also I'm pretty sure, there was a setting called Cortana in itself, that doesn't seem to be there as well. Is this some kind of under...
  7. Mailbox wrong location for Cortana

in Cortana
    Mailbox wrong location for Cortana: Hi, I have an issue with Cortana which does not appear on my previous computer. All the settings are the same, and this is what I have if I run Cortana with my account. [ATTACH] I tried everything, re-install, change location on my device, change permission, etc. I...
  8. Cortana suggests the wrong app

in Cortana
    Cortana suggests the wrong app: Hi, I only have the Windows 10 mail app installed to manage my emails. Every time I say "open my email" Cortana suggests "Mail" and "Settings". How can I remove the "Settings" option? I've just done a clean install. Thanks....
  9. Wrong Time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong Time: I have recently wiped my PC and found that after doing so the clock on my PC was 3 hours ahead. I have tried everything, even manually setting it, but nothing works. When I reset my PC after manually setting the time to the right time, it changes back to being 3 hours ahead....
  10. cortana is wrong

in Cortana
    cortana is wrong: something happens to cortana does not work can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-wrong/7f98c728-f072-4e4e-86dd-c1411c7eb73f"