Windows 10: cortana text is not working after upgrade

Discus and support cortana text is not working after upgrade in Cortana to solve the problem; After October 2018 upgrade typing text (to contact) no longer works.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Niall Maloney, Nov 20, 2018.

1. cortana text is not working after upgrade

After October 2018 upgrade typing text (to contact) no longer works.

:)

Niall Maloney, Nov 20, 2018

2. Cortana not working

Hi,

Just to ensure that the settings are configured correctly, please try the steps below.

This issue may occur if location settings are not turned on for Cortana.

To turn on location settings for Cortana, I suggest you to try these steps and check if it helps.

• Click on Start Button and type Location in the search.

• Open Location Privacy Settings.

• Under the option "choose apps that can use your location" check if Cortana is turned on.

• If not turn on and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Joy Kemprai, Nov 22, 2018
  3. Microphone not working with Cortana

Hi,

I appreciate you for providing detail of the issue.

I suggest you to try below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Cortana & Search settings.
    • Slide the slider to On in Hey Cortana.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Nov 22, 2018
  4. janeoct22 Win User

cortana text is not working after upgrade

Cortana search not working AT ALL

Cortana has not worked since I took the laptop out of the box. There were no changes made to the PC. I will try creating a new admin account as suggested by the link above and will let you know if that still does not work. I have tried all of the other
    steps listed in that article.

janeoct22, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

cortana text is not working after upgrade

1. cortana text is not working after upgrade - Similar Threads - cortana text working

2. Text to Speech not working properly after Upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text to Speech not working properly after Upgrade: Yesterday I upgraded my Windows 7 to 10 finally. While the update seems to have been successful I am having one issue, my text to speech isn't working. When press the test voice button in the Windows 10 control panel under Speech, the text is highlighted, one word at a time,...
  3. Use Cortana in text fields?

in Cortana
    Use Cortana in text fields?: Hello to the group, I am used to speak text into input fields on my iPad and Android phone, e.g. on WhatsApp. This works very well by now ;-). In Word 365 on Windows 10, speech recognition is now also available. Question: How can I activate speech recognition (microphone...
  4. Cortana not working after Windows 10 Upgrade

in Cortana
    Cortana not working after Windows 10 Upgrade: [ATTACH] I recently upgraded to Windows 10 2004, and I notice that Cortana isn't working for some reason. It was working when I had Windows 10 1909 installed, but now it's not working. I've tried resetting the PC, and that didn't work. Resetting and repairing it didn't work...
  5. cortana not working after last update

in Cortana
    cortana not working after last update: Help I'm new at this. Cortana was working fine until last update feb. 17. Now I can't get anything except Cortana asking permission to get familiar with the way I talk. When I hit the "sure" button I get "I'm sorry something went wrong. Try again in a little bit. Same thing...
  6. Upgrades: Cortana is unresponsive, Windows Hello doesn't work,

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrades: Cortana is unresponsive, Windows Hello doesn't work,: I have aSurface Pro 4. Each update, lately, has fouled up some basic function. Cortana is unresponsive, Windows Hello doesn't work, most upgrades cause BDOS, and now my Bluetooth MOKO keyboard has stopped working. Do test these things before you send them out? Is there...
  7. Cortana problems after 1803 -> 1903 upgrade

in Cortana
    Cortana problems after 1803 -> 1903 upgrade: Hello! I use the search function to launch programs *a lot*. Until today that was the same Start menu icon as Cortana. Now there are separate menu items. I've accidentally been clicking Cortana, *a lot*, and everytime it yells at me to set it up. I'm not going to do that....
  8. MY CORTANA TEXT IS TEAL GREEN

in Windows 10 Customization
    MY CORTANA TEXT IS TEAL GREEN: dude, i've been searching for like 3 hours+ because kids just randomly inputting keys on my comp now my text looks like this. I already had to go through figuring out how to get out of high contrast mode[ATTACH] it doesn't even let me type without it being a green to white...
  9. Cortana Not Sending Text Messages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Not Sending Text Messages: Hi, I have the FCU installed and I have an iPhone with the latest iOS. I've gone through tutorials here and elsewhere and even though my iPhone was successfully setup, when I try to send a text message, all I get is that "I'll send that using your phone. It may take a...
  10. Texts from Cortana do not arrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Texts from Cortana do not arrive: Cortana says she will send text messages from my Tablet using my Lumia phone, but so far none have arrived. Any advice? 34325