Windows 10: Cortana the toggle button to enable Hey Cortana will not stay in the On position

Discus and support Cortana the toggle button to enable Hey Cortana will not stay in the On position in Cortana to solve the problem; Cortana the toggle button to enable Hey Cortana will not stay in the On position... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by MargaretReidy, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Cortana the toggle button to enable Hey Cortana will not stay in the On position

Cortana the toggle button to enable Hey Cortana will not stay in the On position

:)

MargaretReidy, Feb 8, 2019
  2. David Haz Win User

Hey cortana enabling switch is missing

Hi Donald,

You may find the Hey Cortana setting by following the steps below:

• Select the search box in the task bar.
    • Select Notebook > Settings.
    • Under Hey Cortana, switch the toggle to On.
    Note: Cortana is only available in certain countries/region and some Cortana features might not be available everywhere.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask us about it.

Regards.

David Haz, Feb 8, 2019
  3. Can't enable "Hey Cortana"

Hello,

I want to enable "Hey Cortana". When I go to the setting and click

1. Check Microphone - It opens up the Cortana search window

Cortana  the toggle button to enable Hey Cortana will not stay in the On position [​IMG]

2. I try to turn on the Hey Cortana - toggle, it toggles back to off.

3. I tried to Troubleshoot the microphone and it didn't detect any problem.

Cortana  the toggle button to enable Hey Cortana will not stay in the On position 736a7496-bab8-4461-a1d3-f1f2a4a2ea78?upload=true.png

4. Then I did a sound test with Skype and evrything worked fine. So the mircophone is working fine.

Cortana  the toggle button to enable Hey Cortana will not stay in the On position ea83b597-1e9f-41ae-9095-946a5300f831?upload=true.png

Then why I am not being able to configure "Hey Cortana"?

Kindly suggest,

Thanks,

Anand

AnandGhosh, Feb 8, 2019
  4. Anna Bol Win User

Cortana the toggle button to enable Hey Cortana will not stay in the On position

The 'Learn how I say "Hey Cortana"' button does not work.

Hi Dominik,

This might occur if there is an issue with your Microsoft account or a misconfiguration in Cortana settings. In this case, we suggest that you first try to reconfigure Cortana again by following these steps:

1. On the Taskbar, in the Search
    window, type Cortana.

2. In the results click Cortana & Search Settings (in System Settings).

3. Verify that the following options are enabled:

• Let Cortana respond to “Hey Cortana” to talk to Cortana.
    • Respond when anyone says “Hey Cortana” to let anyone talk to Cortana.
    • If desired, Use Cortana when my device is locked.
    4. Under Microphone and Make sure Cortana can hear me, click Get Started.

5. Work through the wizard to set up the microphone.

Let us know how it goes.

Anna Bol, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Cortana the toggle button to enable Hey Cortana will not stay in the On position - Similar Threads - Cortana toggle button

2. Hey Cortana

in Cortana
    Hey Cortana: Two days ago, I had Hey Cortana. It was set up and running fine. Cortana appeared in Settings and all was well. Yesterday, I had the old version back and had to sign back in. Cortana had disappeared from Settings and the "Hey Cortana" option was gone. Cortana is now...
  3. Hey Cortana??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hey Cortana??: So this is a serious bug which I am experiencing from the past few weeks..... I cant type in Cortana search bar/ windows settings search bar....... this getting serious as I am having trouble finding my files and apps....... any help regarding this would be appreciated :-)...
  4. Enable Hey Cortana

in Cortana
    Enable Hey Cortana: Dear Community I just purchased a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10. Updated as below. I am based in India where Cortana is supposed to work. Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 20H2 Installed on: 22nd Oct, 2020 OS build: 19042.572 I am unable to get "Hey Cortana"...
  5. Hey cortana

in Cortana
    Hey cortana: Hi guys. I can not change the setting for Let cortana respond to "hey cortana" It is off at the moment. I can find the setting to change it but it is not lit up and i can not click on it. I have attached a picture. Please help. Thanks [IMG]...
  6. How can I activate Cortana? Settings, Cortana, Hey Cortana toggle will not work.

in Cortana
    How can I activate Cortana? Settings, Cortana, Hey Cortana toggle will not work.: When I go to settings, Cortana, and try to turn on the toggle to allow Hey Cortana to funtion, it will not turn on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-activate-cortana-settings-cortana-hey/a7fd5b59-9b42-4244-8bb4-4f55571ed4d5
  7. Hey, Cortana!

in Cortana
    Hey, Cortana!: Apparently I can´t find nowhere the settings for the command Hey, Cortana! Did they disabled the feature? Windows 10 home -ver. 1909 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-cortana/ed5cc79b-5cb3-4ae3-90e6-bfbc87aa32a7"
  8. Cortana not respon to hey cortana

in Cortana
    Cortana not respon to hey cortana: My cortana not respond to Hey Cortana. I need to press windows+c key or the icon to activate it to start talking. Cortana still respond to hey cortana last week. [ATTACH]...
  9. Can't enable "Hey Cortana"

in Cortana
    Can't enable "Hey Cortana": Hello, I want to enable "Hey Cortana". When I go to the setting and click 1. Check Microphone - It opens up the Cortana search window [IMG] 2. I try to turn on the Hey Cortana - toggle, it toggles back to off. 3. I tried to Troubleshoot the microphone and it didn't...
  10. Hey cortana

in Cortana
    Hey cortana: I have a Lumia 650 mobile. How can I get hey Cortana installed, I have Cortana but I want the 'upgraded version'. Any ideas? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-cortana/5e3f71c9-490c-48c4-b72b-7477f09acd77"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hey cortana toggle not working

2. cortana toogle

3. hey cortana toggle wont turn on

4. cortana toggle switch stays off,
  5. Cortana the toggle button to enable Hey Cortana,
  6. talk to cortana hey Cortana toggle will not go on,
  7. let cortana respond to hey cortana wont toggle,
  8. hey cortana switch the toggle to on,
  9. why does my hey cortana button not stay on,
  10. Toggle for Hey Cortana,
  11. hey cortana toggle not turning on,