Windows 10: Cortana - Training and Inadvertent Triggering

Discus and support Cortana - Training and Inadvertent Triggering in Cortana to solve the problem; Up until recently, there used to be a setting within Cortana wherein you could train it with your voice. That no longer seems to exist. Concurrently,... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Plushmeister #1, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Cortana - Training and Inadvertent Triggering

Up until recently, there used to be a setting within Cortana wherein you could train it with your voice. That no longer seems to exist. Concurrently, I find that Cortana is frequently falsely triggered with sounds it hears from other sources for example, newscasts. I am sure others are having these same problems, and will be grateful for any helpful thoughts.

:)

Plushmeister #1, Jan 10, 2021

2. Voice Search Doesn't Work When Triggered with "Hey Cortana" Hotword

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. I appreciate that you have tried a few troubleshooting steps. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?

I suggest you to perform the below mentioned methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.

• Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.

• Go to Settings and click on off.

• Follow the same steps to turn it on.

• Check if issue persists.

Method 2:

I suggest you to run the
      Recording Audio
      troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click on Recording Audio.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

• Check if issue persists

I hope the information helps. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Hey Cortana Training Does Not Work

I have a 1520 with Denim and I have tried to train Hey Cortana but it does not hear me. I tried several times after the update but nothing worked. .

Today I was talking to my son and he suggested that I take the phone out of the case I use and try. I did this but still it fails every time I tried. Later I was reading in the WPC forums and they said to test my phone's mic by recording a video and see
    if the sound recorded. It did with no problem. I just can't get Cortana to hear.

Any suggestions?

jtpcamp---01, Jan 10, 2021
  4. efkrufka Win User

Cortana - Training and Inadvertent Triggering

"Hey Cortana" does not stay activated once trained

Thanks for reply. 2 of 29Gig are free. I did the soft reset and had to retrain Hey Cortana to get it to work. After training it still shows as"disabled" on the settings list, but it does work for now. Will know more in a day.

efkrufka, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Cortana - Training and Inadvertent Triggering

1. Cortana - Training and Inadvertent Triggering - Similar Threads - Cortana Training Inadvertent

2. Training and certifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Training and certifications: I need help with training and certifications. I would like some guidance on where to begin and what my best options are. I have been to the support page and cannot find out how to talk to someone. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You...
  3. Cortana randomly triggers without command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana randomly triggers without command: Hello,Ever since I upgraded to Windows 11 on release back in October, Cortana has randomly come up while I'm using my computer without command. When Cortana pops up, it reduces the volume of whatever I'm doing so it makes meetings hard. I also find it weird because Cortana is...
  4. Cortana randomly triggers without command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana randomly triggers without command: Hello,Ever since I upgraded to Windows 11 on release back in October, Cortana has randomly come up while I'm using my computer without command. When Cortana pops up, it reduces the volume of whatever I'm doing so it makes meetings hard. I also find it weird because Cortana is...
  5. Cortana pops up randomly but I cant train it? Where do I go to train it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana pops up randomly but I cant train it? Where do I go to train it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sudha09 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l442cy/cortana_pops_up_randomly_but_i_cant_train_it/
  6. Cortana - Training and Inadvertent Triggering

in Cortana
    Cortana - Training and Inadvertent Triggering: Up until recently, there used to be a setting within Cortana wherein you could train it with your voice. That no longer seems to exist. Concurrently, I find that Cortana is frequently falsely triggered with sounds it hears from other sources for example, newscasts. Tech...
  7. New cortana app automatically triggering

New cortana app automatically triggering: The cortana app in the latest version of my windows 10 home is been randomly opening . Is that a common cause among everyone ? submitted by /u/mohitmojito [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ihbgmo/new_cortana_app_automatically_triggering/
  8. Windows Cortana responds without saying Cortana and train your voice option missing in new...

Windows Cortana responds without saying Cortana and train your voice option missing in new...: Had to turn Cortana voice response off for too many false voice activations Is there still a way to train your voice there used to be but the menu is now gone from all the articles I read submitted by /u/smydsmith [link] [comments]...
  9. unable to train Cortana in Microsoft Lumia 535 upgraded to windows 10

in Cortana
    unable to train Cortana in Microsoft Lumia 535 upgraded to windows 10: Hey, I'm using Microsoft Lumia 535 i have upgraded to Windows 10. I am successful to run Cortana in my phone. But it only works when I hold the search button. And when I say, Hey Cortana Nothing happened. I have tried soft reset, but it isn't work. I've tried many times to...
  10. Inadvertent Shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Inadvertent Shutdown: Sometimes when I'm moving my laptop from one place to another, I inadvertently hit a key that shuts it down. I only know the correct way to shut down...go to start button then to power then to shutdown. Or force quit by holding physical power button down. What on the keyboard...