Windows 10: Cortana: Try to respond only to me option gone as of recent update

Discus and support Cortana: Try to respond only to me option gone as of recent update in Cortana to solve the problem; I am very confused. I looked this problem up on the internet, and it only showed results for when the "Try to respond only to me" option is grayed out.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ColePatterson1, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Cortana: Try to respond only to me option gone as of recent update

I am very confused. I looked this problem up on the internet, and it only showed results for when the "Try to respond only to me" option is grayed out. However, my problem is not that it's grayed out. My problem is that the feature is missing completely. Is this only happening to me? If so, how do I fix it.

Thanks!

Image below ⬇⬇

Cortana: Try to respond only to me option gone as of recent update 36402df6-f5c5-4806-86f2-037bdcf718d0?upload=true.png

:)

ColePatterson1, Dec 8, 2019

2. "let cortana respond to hey cortana" in the cortana settings option grayed out

I do not have the option "let cortana respond to hey cortana" in the cortana settings. Hence i cannot talk to cortana. Any suggestions as to what should i do ?

Original title: cortana error

Khadija Daruwala, Dec 8, 2019
  3. cortana not responding

Hello Gregory,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and we regret for the inconvenience.

In order to make Cortana working and take its advantages fully, please ensure following points:

• Cortana is only available in some specific regions of world. Also, if you are using an active language pack, make sure
      Cortana supports the language you’ve installed. Access the System Locale and language settings and check if the settings are set to correct

Cortana's regions and languages
    • Make sure your regional settings, date and time are correctly set.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to review the below Microsoft help link and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Next, I suggest you to follow these steps to run the Windows in built troubleshooter. This is a diagnostic which helps to identify any issues present in your PC.

a) Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

b) Click on Troubleshooting
    tab.

c) Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

d) Select the Search and Indexing option from the list.

e) Click Next to run the Troubleshooter.

Write to us with the updated status for us to be able to assist you further.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Cortana: Try to respond only to me option gone as of recent update

cortana notebook icon gone

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue.  

The above issue may occur due to improper application settings set on the PC.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if the issues fixes.

Method 1: In order to enable the Notebook icon in
    Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

• To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:
    • Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Reference: Why is Cortana not available for me on Windows 10?

Method 2: No microphone icon showing in Cortana.

You does not see a microphone on launching Cortana because the settings is turned off in your profile. Turning Cortana settings on will show the microphone icon in your user account.

To turn on the Cortana settings, follow steps from Hey Cortana! Section of the link below and check if the changes are effective.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-what-is-cortana

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query regarding windows, we would assist you happily.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Cortana: Try to respond only to me option gone as of recent update

1. Cortana: Try to respond only to me option gone as of recent update - Similar Threads - Cortana Try respond

2. Option to connect to wifi is gone on my laptop and is only giving me an option for ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Option to connect to wifi is gone on my laptop and is only giving me an option for ethernet: When logging in to my laptop it showed that I was not connected to any network, even though I am normally connected to wifi, and when I tried to connect to my wifi it not longer shows the option too, it's saying I need to connect to an ethernet cable, I never have connected...
  3. Recent Update gone wrong

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent Update gone wrong: So, I have recently downloaded the newest Update and it was constantly popping up in the Action Center asking for installation and I decided to install it and left it to do its' job as usual. The PC booted up fine after the update but I noticed some programs were that were on...
  4. Cortana hears me but doesn't respond

in Cortana
    Cortana hears me but doesn't respond: Cortana suddenly will not respond to me. If I say "hey cortana" it pops up and allows me to say something but then just spins and stops eventually. I've spent probably a total of 4-5 hours researching and attempting literally every solution I can find. I've even done system...
  5. Cortana is not responding

in Cortana
    Cortana is not responding: Hi All, I recently bought surface book. OS is upgraded to latest. When I open the Cortana, it opens up and waiting for my voice. Even though, I speak something, Cortana is not Responding back. I used voice recorder application to test, which was working perfectly....
  6. Cortana is not responding?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana is not responding?: I use Windows 10 home edition, I have 32 gig of ram and more hard drive space than I will ever use! My problem is that I an a Windows Insider who allows preview builds. After the latest build and cumulative update, when trying to use Cortana I get a message: "Sorry but...
  7. Cortana is not responding?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana is not responding?: I use Windows 10 home edition, I have 32 gig of ram and more hard drive space than I will ever use! My problem is that I an a Windows Insider who allows preview builds. After the latest build and cumulative update, when trying to use Cortana I get a message: "Sorry but...
  8. No '' Try to respond only to me'' option in Cortana.

in Cortana
    No '' Try to respond only to me'' option in Cortana.: Hello, I faced a strange problem with Cortana settings, when i go to talk to Cortana section in settings i do not have '' Respond when anyone says hey cortana'' or '' Try to respond only to me'' options. They are not greyed out, the problem is they are not there at all. I...
  9. Cortana is not responding

in Cortana
    Cortana is not responding: My Cortana is not responding anymore since I have upgraded to Window 10 (1903). It worked just fine before the upgrade but now I cannot the Cortana to hear me ( the microphone and speakers work just fine). I tried everything but nothing is working....
  10. Cortana gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana gone: Did the anniversary update and it removed Cortana, Microsoft support is useless . it is still in the all app list but when i click on it all i can do is search windows files 58794