Windows 10: Cortana ~ Type here to search does not minimize to a magnifying glass.

Discus and support Cortana ~ Type here to search does not minimize to a magnifying glass. in Cortana to solve the problem; I recently reset Windows 10 and I am pleased with the results. Cortana is one of the new features that came bundled with the reset. On the startbar... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Julian_P~, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Julian_P~ Win User

Cortana ~ Type here to search does not minimize to a magnifying glass.

I recently reset Windows 10 and I am pleased with the results.

Cortana is one of the new features that came bundled with the reset.

On the startbar Cortana's "Type here to search" message does not minimize to a magnifying glass symbol.
    It shows continuously taking up space.

Should I activate Cortana's voice reader because my computer has no mic?

:)

Julian_P~, Mar 9, 2019
  2. jjd56 Win User

Magnifying glass icon

Why does the magnifying glass icon keep disappearing from the task bar and how do I get it back (and keep it there)? The last time I searched for magnifier.exe as someone suggested, got it back, now it's gone again. Please, this is driving me crazy.

Jean

jjd56, Mar 9, 2019
  3. Cortana missing search options

The my stuff option and the search magnifying glass on my cortana is gone. It doesn't show web suggestion. When I type nothing happens either.
    The mic works but I still don't have the other search options. How do I get them back?

Sherry Of Burrwood, Mar 9, 2019
  4. TonyHuby Win User

Red magnifying glass search

Recently, in the past 2 - 3 weeks I have seen a magnifying glass in a red box appear when I highlight text. It seems to some kind of quick search engine. It does not seem to be very good. Can I get rid of it? If so, how? (Windows 10, April 2018 update)

TonyHuby, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Cortana ~ Type here to search does not minimize to a magnifying glass. - Similar Threads - Cortana Type here

2. Search suggestions with magnifying glass

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search suggestions with magnifying glass: Since a recent update, the search field window pops up intermittently with advertising for AI above the Recent area. I can click that shut, but it's also now displaying weird tips that I don't need as questions with a search magnifying glass at the end of each one. I can...
  3. Type Here To Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Type Here To Search: I've noticed that when I try to use the type here to search it is no longer working. Every time I type in anything it just closes on me and doesn't work. I've restarted my PC several times and it still doesn't work. Anyone know the fix for this? Thanks...
  4. Emoji panel is missing the search tag magnifying glass

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Emoji panel is missing the search tag magnifying glass: Hello It seems that my emoji panel is missing the search tab and I have no clue why. While searching for my problem on the web I only found solutions on the shortcuts but always showing screenshots of emoji panels with a search tab. Using "Windows" + "." or "Windows" +...
  5. type here to search

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    type here to search: this is happening with me please help type here to search box is becoming black and not responding [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/type-here-to-search/977fa735-afae-49ac-8eed-f756aa896431
  6. Type here to search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Type here to search: Is there any way of making the box "type here to search" any smaller. I would just like to see the magnifying glass icon only. Win 10 Home. 145270
  7. TYPE here to search area with Cortana and Microphone is not responding

in Cortana
    TYPE here to search area with Cortana and Microphone is not responding: the white search bar area at the left bottom of the screen is no longer working when I type in a subject or website I want to use Edge to search for....
  8. "Type here to search"

in Cortana
    "Type here to search": I cannot access this tab. It isn't working. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/type-here-to-search/19a9d6fe-7e9b-4e45-a87b-b5b6934d11b9"
  9. Magnifying Glass (Search) Icon Windows 10 Taskbar

in Cortana
    Magnifying Glass (Search) Icon Windows 10 Taskbar: Yesterday IT had to do some work on my computer and it never fails that every time they work on it, they restore Cortana for her "search" functionality. I've told them about clicking the windows icon and then to directly start typing but they tend to stick with the Cortana...
  10. "Type here to search" bar always crash (Cortana)

in Cortana
    "Type here to search" bar always crash (Cortana): OKay, so here the problem, when I click on the "Type here to search" bar in the bottom left it does the loading mouse for 1 or 2 seconds and it then closes suddenly. I know it is Cortana because when I click the button start and write anything in the Search Bar it shows me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to minimize type here to search

2. do not see type here to search only a magnify glass

3. win 10 search magafing glass unable to type

4. Can I concern with cortana here,
  5. how to change type here to search to magnifying glass only,
  6. minimize type here to search box