Windows 10: Cortana: Unavailable in English (UK)

Discus and support Cortana: Unavailable in English (UK) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently updated to the 2004 build, now whenever launching Cortana it tells me it's unavailable in English UK. I've tried resetting, updating app and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dsr33, Apr 17, 2020.

1. /u/dsr33 Win User

Cortana: Unavailable in English (UK)

Recently updated to the 2004 build, now whenever launching Cortana it tells me it's unavailable in English UK.

I've tried resetting, updating app and setting all language packs to UK, but still get the same issue. It worked perfectly prior to this update.

Any ideas? thanks

submitted by /u/dsr33
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dsr33, Apr 17, 2020

2. Cortana 'unavailable in your area' but I'm in the UK

Hi,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

To make the Cortana work in UK, you should set the default language and speech settings to UK. You are not able to change the speech settings to English UK because you have not downloaded the speech packs for the English UK.
    I suggest you to check the language and speech settings in Cortana by following below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open settings menu.

• Click on Time and language and select
      region and language.

• Under Language option, check which language is Set as default.

• If you find different language, you can change it by clicking on Add a language option.

• Select your preferred language (English UK) and click on
      Set as default under English UK language.

• Now, click on English UK and click on
      Options.(Under Languages)

• Download the language, handwriting and speech packs.

• Now, click on Speech from the
      Time and language
      settings menu.

• Check if you are able to select the speech settings to
      English UK.

• After performing above steps, check if you are able to use Cortana.
    I suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by the
    mickapw in below thread and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Cortana is "unavailable in my country" and am unable to turn on. I am in the UK using English UK.

Cortana is "unavailable in my country" and am unable to turn on. I am in the UK using English UK.

Reference: If you are facing any issue with Cortana, then you may refer to the following Microsoft Help article to fix the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, May 23, 2020
  3. Stewart_R Win User
    Get Cortana to work in English (UK) for Windows 10

I upgraded to Windows 10, and Cortana doesn’t seem to be available based on the Start Menu:

Cortana: Unavailable in English (UK) WwDxj.png

but when I click the link, it takes me to this page:

Cortana: Unavailable in English (UK) a6AEm.png

which suggests it should be available in the UK, since I've checked

• my language settings are English (UK),
    • I have the English (UK) language pack installed, and
    • the speech settings are also set to English (UK).

I think this is everything, right?  It certainly ticks the boxes in the Microsoft help article.

How can I get Cortana up & running?

Stewart_R, May 23, 2020
  4. Cortana: Unavailable in English (UK)

Original title: Cortana

Am using windows 10, Cortana is "unavailable in my country" and am unable to turn on. I am in the UK using English UK and speech has been downloaded

DavidReynoldsRP, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Cortana: Unavailable in English (UK)

1. Cortana: Unavailable in English (UK) - Similar Threads - Cortana Unavailable English

2. English UK.

in Windows 10 Customization
    English UK.: I keep getting: English USA when I select: 'Language,' even though I make it default English UK in the language box. It jumps back to: USA continuously. WhY? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/english-uk/5833a679-f4cd-483a-8750-82e703be2b84
  3. English Canada defaults to English UK

English Canada defaults to English UK: I recently installed windows 10 in my machine and one of the first things I did was to change my display language to English Canada. I immediately noticed all the websites I tried to access since then would default me automatically to United Kingdom and English UK. After...
  4. Cortana not available in English UK at this time. This is after Win 2004 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana not available in English UK at this time. This is after Win 2004 Update: Cannot select App Category as " Cortana " is not included on Listings There is a problem, with Version 2004 why can't Microsoft address the issue There is a problem, why Version 2004 can't Microsoft address the issue There is a problem, why Version 2004 can't Microsoft...
  5. English UK as default but it questions the UK spelling

English UK as default but it questions the UK spelling: I have installed Word 2010 on my other laptop computer and made the language English UK the default but it questions UK spelling such as labour, neighbour and suggest labor and neighbor . How can I correct this?...
  6. Cortana in the UK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana in the UK: Hi Just updated my notebook to v2004, it seems that Cortana no longer works in the UK... not that I used it much, is this correct? Other than that the upgrade seems to work OK although it did take 5 hours to update via WU *Sad Stuart 162545
  7. Cortana in the UK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cortana in the UK: Hi Just updated my notebook to v2004, it seems that Cortana no longer works in the UK... not that I used it much, is this correct? Other than that the upgrade seems to work OK although it did take 5 hours to update via WU *Sad Stuart 162545
  8. Cortana and 2004 - UK

in Cortana
    Cortana and 2004 - UK: When I update to Windows 10 20H1/2004 it all goes well, except Cortana reports as "not currently available in the UK". The Cortana Tab in settings in missing. I've checked that I'm am signed in everywhere I am and also tried resetting the Cortana app, but nothing works. I've...
  9. Cortana English

in Cortana
    Cortana English: If Cortana English is not available in Canada as the annoying pop up keep stating, then why don't Microsoft remove it from its windows 10 settings for devices marketed for Canada? It doesn't stay closed nor minimized and pops up as a useless item with the words; SORRY, BUT...
  10. US keyboard + UK English

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    US keyboard + UK English: Is it possible to setup Windows so that it recognises that I have an ANSI layout, but that spell checking and such is in British English? 29942

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana not available in english