Windows 10: Cortana update?

Discus and support Cortana update? in Cortana to solve the problem; When is the update coming out to fix the issues with the Cortana assistant?... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by John W. Welch, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Cortana update?

When is the update coming out to fix the issues with the Cortana assistant?

:)

John W. Welch, Jun 28, 2020
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Cortana update?

Cortana stopped showing my calendar events on cortana home

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Cortana update?

1. Cortana update? - Similar Threads - Cortana update

2. why does not cortana respond on hey cortana after the windows update version 2004

in Windows 10 Customization
    why does not cortana respond on hey cortana after the windows update version 2004: I was very excited i dont know why but i was excited about the new windows update version 2004 i have heard many things that cortana has changed they made a photo search option in search bar but when the update came and i started the update it got stuck on getting things...
  3. Cortana Wake Word Unavailable - Disabled after Windows Update

in Cortana
    Cortana Wake Word Unavailable - Disabled after Windows Update: Hello, After a required update to the "new version" of Windows 10, version 2004, as seen below was properly installed along with the associated Quality Updates, it seems as though another major issue with Cortana has occurred. Attempting to utilize the "Hey Cortana" as I...
  4. Cortana after Windows version 2004 update

in Cortana
    Cortana after Windows version 2004 update: Before updating Cortana open apps, but after updating Cortana won't open apps. Why? In the future this will be fixed or not? Because without it Cortana really useless....
  5. Cortana Web Search in 2004 content update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana Web Search in 2004 content update: ...Is turned back on, yet again. On version 1909 I had it disabled via “BingSearchEnabled” REG_DWORD ‘0’ The registry entry is still there post 2004 update — and so are windows search web results. I’ve tried the group policy changes to disallow web search as well — no...
  6. Cortana Windows May 2020 Update

in Cortana
    Cortana Windows May 2020 Update: Hi! I just updated my Windows, which was supposed to be the diagnosis of the black screen error Previously mentioned among my other questions, but instead, it caused another one. Now, Cortana is an app, which is way cooler, but what will make it even cooler is that it runs....
  7. Updated to version 2004 yesterday and Cortana apparently isn't supported in my language

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updated to version 2004 yesterday and Cortana apparently isn't supported in my language: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ChalkyJeans7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hbyc7j/updated_to_version_2004_yesterday_and_cortana/
  8. cortana after 2004 update

in Cortana
    cortana after 2004 update: why did cortana go back to its old way of communicating? it is much less user friendly now! before this update i could just say hey cortana, without clicking on anything, and she would listen for my question, etc. also, she would turn off the pc with my command. now she...
  9. Update May 2020 - Cortana can only search bing...nothing else

in Cortana
    Update May 2020 - Cortana can only search bing...nothing else: I've been trying to use Cortana since the latest update but I have a few bugs: 1. "wake word invocation is currently unavailable" 2. Every request goes to Bing...I can't launch any app with it 3. I ask "Learn my voice" all she answers is "Here is what I found"...and...
  10. windows 10 june update ver 2004 cortana

in Cortana
    windows 10 june update ver 2004 cortana: can cortana still call you by your name https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-june-update-ver-2004-cortana/a780d336-fb89-467a-9c1b-9f327cce4583