Windows 10: cortana updated look and now reverted back to old look...

Discus and support cortana updated look and now reverted back to old look... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, i remember at the begining of september or so cortana had a changed look and was wider.. out of the blue it reverted back to the old look... is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Steven Campoli, Oct 8, 2018.

1. cortana updated look and now reverted back to old look...

Hey, i remember at the begining of september or so cortana had a changed look and was wider..
    out of the blue it reverted back to the old look...
    is this happening to everyone?

how do i get the new look back?

:)

Steven Campoli, Oct 8, 2018
  2. Josef Bri Win User

Cortana pop on the hole screen

Appreciate the response. For the meantime, if Cortana is causing any inconvenience with you or your system, we suggest reverting back to the old 1607 update. Just follow the steps below:

• Open Settings window.
    • Click Update and Security, Recovery.
    • Select Get Started, under Go back.
    This will put your system back to the old Windows build. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Josef Bri, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Cortana -looks like it is not able to hear

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• From when did the issue started happening?

• Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?

• Did you see any error message or error code on the screen?
    First try restarting the computer for several times and check if Cortana works. Also check if the Cortana settings "Let Cortana respond when you say "Hey Cotana"" is turned on. I suggest you to install all available windows updates, including Optional
    updates; this should fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• Press Windows key + X. Select
      Control Panel.
    • Click on Windows Update.
    • Click Check for Updates. After the scan is complete, click Review optional updates.
    • Click the check box next to the updates, then click Install
      updates.
    • If prompted, review the license agreement, then click I Accept.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to download and install the updates.
    Note: Make sure you reboot the computer once, after installing updates and then check if it fixes the issue.

You may also refer this Wiki article suggested by Barb Bowman and check if it helps.

Cortana: Expectations, Usage, Tips, Work Arounds.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-arounds/44ff8994-69c1-4b08-a71e-d40655162b86

I hope the issue will be resolved. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Josef Bri Win User

cortana updated look and now reverted back to old look...

Windows 10 Creators Update

Thank you for your reply. Have you tried just uninstalling the sound driver and restarting your PC? If yes, what we suggest is reverting back to the old update for Windows. Below are the steps on how to revert back to the previous Windows update:

• Open Settings window.
    • Click Update and Security, Recovery.
    • Select Get Started, under Go back.

The steps will be a workaround to have the issue fixed on your PC.

We're looking forward to your response.

Josef Bri, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

cortana updated look and now reverted back to old look...

1. cortana updated look and now reverted back to old look... - Similar Threads - cortana updated reverted

2. Need instructions for reverting to the look of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need instructions for reverting to the look of Windows 10: When I was notified of Windows 11 and agreed to implement it, I was told that I could revert to the previous look of Windows 10 if I didn't like the new one and that I could easily do so. Upon agreeing to try the new look, I would like to return to the older look but never...
  3. Need instructions for reverting to the look of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need instructions for reverting to the look of Windows 10: When I was notified of Windows 11 and agreed to implement it, I was told that I could revert to the previous look of Windows 10 if I didn't like the new one and that I could easily do so. Upon agreeing to try the new look, I would like to return to the older look but never...
  4. Change Modern File Explorer back to the old version look

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Modern File Explorer back to the old version look: So I have searched the tutorials here but cannot find an answer, hoping that someone here can help. A few days ago I created a new Win 10 install flash drive using the MS Media Creation tool and made a clean install of Win 10 Pro. In setting up my new Windows 10 I needed to...
  5. Windows 10 revert back to old update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 revert back to old update?: Hello, I recently had to reset my PC and did not like the new Windows format and everything. A lot of my applications broke from this windows 2004 update and I would like to revert it back to Windows 1909. Is there any way of this as a lot of my friends still have 1909...
  6. Looking for these old DOS games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Looking for these old DOS games.: Any of you remember this old DOS Games, where you combat a tank in space. I think it was some kind of demo. And also a jet DOS game, when you fly earlier in the game or crash, there's a loud scream. 152576
  7. Looking at going back to Nvidia

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Looking at going back to Nvidia: I have been looking at Nvidia graphic cards and looks like I may order the GTX 1070 74743
  8. TenForums.com 2016: A look back

in Windows 10 Support
    TenForums.com 2016: A look back: Our virtual home TenForums.com went online on October 8th, 2013 (then with old name NineForums.com). I joined a day later, being one of the oldest members and proud of it *Smile. Screenshot from November 26th, 2013. We had 95 members on that day *Smile: [img]...
  9. A Look Back – and a Look Ahead – at Accessibility at Microsoft

in Windows 10 News
    A Look Back – and a Look Ahead – at Accessibility at Microsoft: It’s been a little over a year since Microsoft restructured our approach to accessibility across the company and what a year it’s been! With CSUN kicking off this morning, want to take a moment to highlight the momentum at Microsoft and share some news – including an expanded...
  10. Looking Back and Looking Forward at gamescom 2016

in Windows 10 News
    Looking Back and Looking Forward at gamescom 2016: [img] This week we’re at the largest consumer gaming event in Europe – gamescom 2016 in Köln, Germany. Earlier today, I had the honor of kicking off our presence at the show by speaking with members of the press, key influencers and some of our biggest fans from the Xbox...