Windows 10: Cortana Useless

Discus and support Cortana Useless in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Got a new laptop and finally got Windows 10 to activate. Cortana doesnt respond AND I also want to print to a wireless printer direct like I do from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JamesHerriott1, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Cortana Useless

Got a new laptop and finally

got Windows 10 to activate. Cortana doesnt respond AND I also want to print to a wireless printer direct like I do from my phone but all the directions talk about a network. I dont have a network nor do I have access to one. Can I print to an HP 4630 or 3830 that I can use, or not?

:)

JamesHerriott1, Sep 9, 2018
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Cortana is useless.

A lot of good feedback has done. It's now 8 months later and Cortana is still as useless as when Microsoft released Windows 10. Still no dictation. Still using Bing for search results. Still mediocre speech recognition. Still convoluted two step process
    to activate.

Siri and Google are a few years ahead which sucks because I'm no Apple or Google fan Cortana Useless :(. And the Windows 10 on screen keyboard still doesn't do swype and it can't be replaced. Though, I digress. Windows 10 on the desktop isn't bad but as a tablet OS it's
    a dismal failure.

Potentilla fruticosa, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Cortana Useless

Cortana stopped showing my calendar events on cortana home

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

Cortana Useless

1. Cortana Useless - Similar Threads - Cortana Useless

2. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?: Since I updated my computer, my Windows key doesn't work and any application related to the start menu don't work either. I've already reset, restarted multiple times, tried wsreset and cmd commands, and checked for game mode, and tried the Fn commands. This happened the last...
  3. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?: Since I updated my computer, my Windows key doesn't work and any application related to the start menu don't work either. I've already reset, restarted multiple times, tried wsreset and cmd commands, and checked for game mode, and tried the Fn commands. This happened the last...
  4. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. End of support for Cortana

End of support for Cortana: While the decision to phase out Cortana may have disappointed some users, it's important to recognize that Microsoft is continually evolving its products to meet the changing needs of its customers. Here are some reasons why bringing back Cortana might still be...
  6. why is Cortana still useless?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is Cortana still useless?: I really really really want cortana to work, but it literally does nothing.I ask it to 'open word' and it says it cannot help with thatI ask it to play some music and it says the same sometimes it bing searches google play music - which is a service that doesn't even exist...
  7. why is Cortana still useless?

why is Cortana still useless?: I really really really want cortana to work, but it literally does nothing.I ask it to 'open word' and it says it cannot help with thatI ask it to play some music and it says the same sometimes it bing searches google play music - which is a service that doesn't even exist...
  8. Why is cortana so useless?

in Cortana
    Why is cortana so useless?: it has NONE of the documented functionality. Notebook for example, ANYTHING that comes back from HELP, if you type it in, cortana just says "I cant do that" What is the point of this POS? where are the configuration instructions if these are needed?...
  9. Cortana: do i have to stop using PCs to loes that nasty useless thing

in Cortana
    Cortana: do i have to stop using PCs to loes that nasty useless thing: Listen Cortana is a terrible nuisance and I've read the stupid advice that doesn't work to shut it down. What am I supposed to do, just give up on using PCs? If that is what is necessary I'll get rid of the machine before Cortana drives me nuts....
  10. Need help getting Cortana to be less useless.

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help getting Cortana to be less useless.: Well, all that I was able to make Cortana do is show me the weather... I say "Hey Cortana", nothing happens. I need to actually press the microphone button to make her start listening. I say "Open windows update", she says "Try that again after future updates" I say...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana is useless

2. how useless is cortana

3. cortana version 3.1.1

4. deactivate cortana