Windows 10: Cortana Uses 30% CPU

Discus and support Cortana Uses 30% CPU in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do I stop Cortana from using so much CPU? It's causing problems with games and videos. The only clue I've found is that if I end the Cortana task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gregyurkon, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Cortana Uses 30% CPU

How do I stop Cortana from using so much CPU? It's causing problems with games and videos. The only clue I've found is that if I end the Cortana task in Task Manager, Cortana restarts and subsequently suspends itself.

:)

gregyurkon, Sep 3, 2019

2. CPU Usage Stuck at 30%

I'm sorry but there are no background process using 30% of cpu. The highest one is Microsoft Software Protection Platform, using 7% of cpu. The other one is Explorer, using 3% of cpu.

Should i disable it?

Bobby Dwi Pratama, Sep 3, 2019
  3. JaYp146 Win User
    [FS][US] CPU, NForce4 skt 754 motherboard (with PCI-express slot, rare!), DDR RAM

bump, CPU's stepping is now listed.

JaYp146, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Cortana Uses 30% CPU

CPU Usage Stuck at 30%

I'm sorry but there are no background process using 30% of cpu. The highest one is Microsoft Software Protection Platform, using 7% of cpu. The other one is Explorer, using 3% of cpu.

Should i disable it?

That is 10%. So there is another 20% being used somewhere and it must show in details tab using more details on bottom to show all processes. It has been this way from day one of Windows OS's. Or maybe there is malware or a virus. But it still should show
    CPU usage and items combined will equal the total CPU usage.

seahawks65, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Cortana Uses 30% CPU

1. Cortana Uses 30% CPU - Similar Threads - Cortana Uses 30%

2. I have Cortana disabled yet it is still using CPU strenuously.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I have Cortana disabled yet it is still using CPU strenuously.: I have Cortana disable via the registry hack; yet task manager is reporting that Cortana is largely robbing the CPU percentage and pegging my CPU at times to its limits. If I understand correctly, the Cortana and Search feature are combined; but I wasn't even using the...
  3. Cortana takes 30-40% of CPU after recent update. Any fixes?

in Cortana
    Cortana takes 30-40% of CPU after recent update. Any fixes?: As been noted in many articles Cortana frying my laptop/Surface. 30-40% CPU usage on some trigger (it not like this from start). Any possibility to disable Cortana under Win10?...
  4. Cortana Uses 30% CPU

Cortana Uses 30% CPU: How do I stop Cortana from using so much CPU? It's causing problems with games and videos. The only clue I've found is that if I end the Cortana task in Task Manager, Cortana restarts and subsequently suspends itself. 139787
  5. Windows Explorer using 30% of my cpu out of nowhere.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer using 30% of my cpu out of nowhere.: My computer recently has been having problems with windows explorer. It has been using anywhere from 20-30 percent of cpu. I have tried chdsk, sfc/scannow, deleting my temp files and my iconcache, and checking for viruses with windows defender and Malwarebytes. Does anyone...
  6. Photos and Runtime Broker using 30% CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photos and Runtime Broker using 30% CPU: So I have had this issue for a little while now. It showed up in the CPU usage graph of Afterburner hardware monitor, which I have running on my gaming PC at all times to keep tabs on my system. This CPU graph would be at 5% for a couple of seconds, and then go up to 30% for...
  7. EReporter.exe using 30%+ of my CPU

EReporter.exe using 30%+ of my CPU: What is EReporter.exe ? It is using 30%+ of my CPU - I just read it is something to do with Apple - I have an iPhone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ereporterexe-using-30-of-my-cpu/67ee4304-d628-43a7-b82e-1ec33fc9f6e3
  8. ACPI.sys using 30% CPU

ACPI.sys using 30% CPU: The process system is constantly taking 20% to 30% of my CPU. I've checked with the Process Explorer, it indicates that the cpu is taken by ACPI.sys. I've tried most of the solutions I could find with no success. Now, I've basically reinstalled this machine from scratch...
  9. Avast using 15-30% CPU in idle

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Avast using 15-30% CPU in idle: I installed Avast anti-virus free on my new Windows 10 install, and now I'm noticing the CPU constantly fluctuating around 15-30%, when the computer is just sitting idle. Task Manager shows it is Avast. What component of Avast is constantly running my CPU so high, and can...
  10. Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service: CPU use 30-50 %

Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service: CPU use 30-50 %: In my Windows 10 Home, 64bit the Task Manager show a process called "Softwareschutzplattform-Dienst von Microsoft" (Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service) CPU usages at 30 to 50 % and reduces the speed of the Notebook. [img] [img] And another process uses...