Windows 10: Cortana very buggy

Discus and support Cortana very buggy in Cortana to solve the problem; Lately, Cortana has been very unreliable to me. When I'm about to speak, it'll either close itself or say sorry I didn't hear anything. When I finally... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ShaanZaidi, May 19, 2020.

1. Cortana very buggy

Lately, Cortana has been very unreliable to me. When I'm about to speak, it'll either close itself or say sorry I didn't hear anything. When I finally get it to not close and listen to me, it will repeat something very different than what I said. Is there any fix to this?

:)

ShaanZaidi, May 19, 2020
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, May 19, 2020
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, May 19, 2020
  4. Cortana very buggy

Cortana stopped showing my calendar events on cortana home

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Cortana very buggy

1. Cortana very buggy - Similar Threads - Cortana very buggy

2. MS Paint on Windows 11 is very buggy.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Paint on Windows 11 is very buggy.: MS Paint on Windows 11 has been quite buggy lately.On my PC I currently have Version 11.2311.29.0 installed. Unfotrunately it has some very annoying bugs:When I mark and copy an area and paste it in a new spot, it's often pasted without the background.As a consequence, the...
  3. Very Laggy / buggy Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very Laggy / buggy Laptop: Hello, My Name's Mariam And my laptop is Very badly Laggy!So i just Re-installed Windows AndInstalled Some of the driversBut when i Installed Windows I Selected a 199 GB Drive Instead of my Normal C: Drive that had 110 GBSo i have more C: Storage.But since i installed...
  4. Very Laggy / buggy Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very Laggy / buggy Laptop: Hello, My Name's Mariam And my laptop is Very badly Laggy!So i just Re-installed Windows AndInstalled Some of the driversBut when i Installed Windows I Selected a 199 GB Drive Instead of my Normal C: Drive that had 110 GBSo i have more C: Storage.But since i installed...
  5. Very Laggy / buggy Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Realtek audio randomly becoming very buggy.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek audio randomly becoming very buggy.: I have had this computer for a couple of years now, and I have not had any problems regarding audio for the entire time i've had it. However last night I have began to have problems with the audio, the audio has became very distorted, and in some cases cutting out entirely on...
  7. Dx12 being very buggy on fortnite

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dx12 being very buggy on fortnite: I've recently upgraded my pc and I wanted to run Fortnite on dx12 but my fps is all over the place. Can anyone provide any information that helps my situation? Specs i7 10700k OC to 5Ghz Asus ROG Strix z490 - F gaming 32GB Corsair Vengence 3000Mhz Nvidia RTX 3070...
  8. Dx12 being very buggy on fortnite

Dx12 being very buggy on fortnite: I've recently upgraded my pc and I wanted to run Fortnite on dx12 but my fps is all over the place. Can anyone provide any information that helps my situation?...
  9. Windows 10 very buggy behavior

Windows 10 very buggy behavior: Hi. Recently my windows is doing weird things. Like random blue screens at least twice a day,explorer freaking out for no apparent reason, programs randomly turning off,weird beeping when i turn on steam games. I know reinstalling OS might help but it'sfresh install and I'm...
  10. Pinning to Start Menu very buggy

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinning to Start Menu very buggy: Hey all, I'm surprised that such an obvious bug is still present till now in Win10, at least in my case. For some reason, pinning a Desktop shortcut to the Start Menu (right-clicking on it -> Pin to Start Menu) for the first time after (re)booting Windows works normally,...