Windows 10: Cortana voice commands not working on Windows 11/10

Discus and support Cortana voice commands not working on Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you are not able to use voice commands in Cortana on Windows 11 or Windows 10, then these solutions will help you resolve the issue. Cortana... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 28, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Cortana voice commands not working on Windows 11/10

Cortana voice commands not working on Windows 11/10 cortana-voice-commands-not-working-3.jpg
    If you are not able to use voice commands in Cortana on Windows 11 or Windows 10, then these solutions will help you resolve the issue. Cortana is the digital assistant you can find in Windows 11 and Windows 10. Whether you need to send an email or open an app on your computer, you […]

This article Cortana voice commands not working on Windows 11/10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Nov 28, 2021

2. Cortana Voice Commands for Music Not Working

Hi Brett,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

What is the edition of Windows 10 (Home, Education, Pro etc.)?

I understand that voice commands for Cortana are not working. If you have Windows 10 PRO installed in the system, then I would suggest you to try the following steps to change some group policy settings.

• Press Windows key + R, type
        Gpedit.msc
        and hit ENTER.

• Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Search

• Check for: 'Allow Cortana' and 'Do not allow web search'
        – Make sure they are ‘Not Configured’ or set ‘Allow Cortana’ to Enabled and ‘Do not allow web search’ to Disabled

• Open an elevated command prompt and run:
        gpupdate /force

• Go to Settings > Verify and correct: Time, Region and Language

And, then go to Settings > Apps and Features > Manage optional features > Download Speech Recognition and Text-to-speech
    NOTE: The troubleshooting steps are only applicable to
    Windows 10 PRO

Let us know if the issue gets resolved using the troubleshooting steps.

Harkanwar Singh, Nov 28, 2021
  3. RajithR Win User
    Cortana not hearing voice commands

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on the Microsoft Communities.

1. Are you able to hear other sounds from your computer?

2. Does the microphone work with other apps such as Skype?

3. Have you tried using "Learn my voice" settings?

Kindly, follow these steps and check if that helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 2:

I suggest you to run the Recording Audio
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Recording Audio.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

RajithR, Nov 28, 2021
  4. Cortana voice commands not working on Windows 11/10

Cortana not hearing voice commands

Hi

I have the same problem and the proposed solutions have not helped.

Will appreciate any other solution to this problem.

NJInokotong, Nov 28, 2021
Thema:

Cortana voice commands not working on Windows 11/10

1. Cortana voice commands not working on Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - Cortana voice commands

2. Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands: Hello, I'm having trouble with Cortana on my Windows 10 computer. When I try to use voice commands, Cortana doesn't respond at all. I've checked my microphone settings and made sure that Cortana is enabled, but it still doesn't work. Is there a fix for this issue, or any...
  3. Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands: Hello, I'm having trouble with Cortana on my Windows 10 computer. When I try to use voice commands, Cortana doesn't respond at all. I've checked my microphone settings and made sure that Cortana is enabled, but it still doesn't work. Is there a fix for this issue, or any...
  4. What happened to the Voice Command, Hey Cortana?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to the Voice Command, Hey Cortana?: The "Hey Cortana!" Feature was on Windows 10! Can you please put it on Windows 11, please? I would really appreciate it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-the-voice-command-hey-cortana/ffd8cc1d-8ee4-47de-9470-d3c266c2f86e
  5. What happened to the Voice Command, Hey Cortana?

What happened to the Voice Command, Hey Cortana?: The "Hey Cortana!" Feature was on Windows 10! Can you please put it on Windows 11, please? I would really appreciate it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-the-voice-command-hey-cortana/ffd8cc1d-8ee4-47de-9470-d3c266c2f86e
  6. How to use Cortana without Voice Commands in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Cortana without Voice Commands in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Voice-activated virtual assistants like Cortana, Alexa, Siri, etc are wonderful to keep up with your busy schedule. They make our work easier and quicker and thus they have become a very important part of our daily routine. But do you know these virtual assistants...
  7. Cortana not responding to voice commands.

in Cortana
    Cortana not responding to voice commands.: Every time I need to talk to cortana, I am required to hit the mic button so that cortana can start listening to me. I even tried going to settings and turned on the "Hey cortana" option on. Still I have to press the mic button every time. The voice command "Hey cortana" is...
  8. Cortana not hibernating computer after voice command?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana not hibernating computer after voice command?: When I tell Cortana to hibernate my computer, it pops up and asks me "go to sleep?" I then click/say yes, and then I can see Cortana seemingly initiating the action. But then nothing happens. Anyone know why this is and how I can possibly fix it? submitted by /u/RussMIV...
  9. Microsoft Cortana voice commands to control Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Cortana voice commands to control Windows 10 PC: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft’s digital assistant, Cortana, is one of the best features of Windows 10. Cortana is very similar to Amazon’s Alexa and Apple’s Siri, it can perform a variety of functions like open an application, search for files, check the weather, [...] This...
  10. Closing Cortana with a voice command

Closing Cortana with a voice command: Hi! I would like to ask someone more informed than me, or members of the insider program, if there are plans or rumors about adding this feature to Cortana: ability to close her with a voice command. Something like "Thank you" or "See ya" would be very nice and useful!!!...