Windows 10: Cortana voice/type reminder not working after update

Discus and support Cortana voice/type reminder not working after update in Cortana to solve the problem; Now, if I want to set a reminder, I have to click it, and type in specifically what and type in specific time instead of just saying, "Hey, Cortana,... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by RachelBazinet, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Cortana voice/type reminder not working after update

Now, if I want to set a reminder, I have to click it, and type in specifically what and type in specific time instead of just saying, "Hey, Cortana, remind me to blah, blah, blah in 15 minutes." When there's devices/apps/programs such as Siri, Alexa, Google all using voice commands, this seems like a massive step backwards for Cortana. I know it had long been removed on the Xbox, but it's a bummer if now they've removed something that was actually really useful on the Windows platform.

:)

RachelBazinet, Dec 14, 2019
  2. Ash_win Win User

Cortana Reminders Not working

Hi,

I am on Windows 10 Creators Update release and Cortana Reminders has stopped working (it was working a few weeks back). The problem is:

- Everytime I type a reminder in the Cortana search box (I don't use Voice), it correctly recognizes that I am setting a reminder. But when I click on it, it does a simple Bing Search

- If I go to Notebook > Reminders - the link closes without any response.

To repeat, this feature was working on Creators update couple of weeks back. Any help will be appreciated.

Ash_win, Dec 14, 2019
  3. Cannot reactivate Completed Cortana Reminders in Windows 10

Hi Adrian,

Cortana is your digital agent that will help you doing your daily tasks. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to manage
    Cortana Reminders:

• Open Cortana, then click the hamburger button and select
      Reminders on your phone or click Notebook and select
      Reminders on your Windows 10 PC.
    • You'll find all your reminders sorted by date, click on it and modify according to your preference.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Dec 14, 2019
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Cortana voice/type reminder not working after update

Cortana reminders

Hi,

There are two ways to remove Cortana Reminders on your computer.

Kindly follow the steps o how to delete Reminders.

• Launch Cortana from the list of applications.
    • Click the Notebook icon.
    • Select Reminders.
    • To delete reminders, click the check the box that says Complete and move to History or click the
      Trash bin icon to delete

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Fra, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

Cortana voice/type reminder not working after update

1. Cortana voice/type reminder not working after update - Similar Threads - Cortana voice type

2. Voice Typing is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Voice Typing is not working: I am facing a problem with Windows voice typing. Whenever I call the app by pressing Windows + H, it gives an error that "There was a connection issue, please try again".I believe this is happening due to I am behind a firewall, and I am trying to identify what...
  3. Cortana reminders

in Cortana
    Cortana reminders: Although cortana sets up reminders correctly you are not reminded at the appropriate time. It doesn't matter if you create it on PC, android phone or invoke. It does not work on any device....
  4. Cortana Reminders

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cortana Reminders: I used to get reminders from Cortana by text in the notification area along with a bell sound to remind me. It has stopped working and I've checked all the settings and I can't determine the problem. It accepts my reminders, I see them listed, FocusAssist is off,...
  5. Cortana and reminders

in Cortana
    Cortana and reminders: I am on a windows 10 machine build 18362, and I have questions about reminders. I used to use Cortana (typed) all the time. One of the primary things I used her for was setting daily reminders. I have had a couple of strokes and my memory for some daily activities is not so...
  6. Cortana On Windows 10 Phone No Longer Sets Reminders By Voice

in Cortana
    Cortana On Windows 10 Phone No Longer Sets Reminders By Voice: I am on a Windows 10 Phone. I noticed today (11/18/2019) I can no longer set reminders in Cortana using a voice command. For example: "Remind me to call Barb tomorrow at 9:00 AM", when spoken opens a Bing search for Windows reminders, rather than scheduling my reminder....
  7. cortana reminder not working

in Cortana
    cortana reminder not working: I am not a minor so why isn't the cortana reminders working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-reminder-not-working/5cc96a20-c408-4490-8b8f-3600cba45bf9"
  8. Cortana reminder

in Cortana
    Cortana reminder: I cannot set a reminder on Cortana it says "your account needs an update.I can take you there to get that settled". plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-reminder/3e912b26-feec-424e-a0ab-8520adccbe2e"
  9. Cortana recurring reminders not working

in Cortana
    Cortana recurring reminders not working: If I create a recurring Cortana reminder on my PC at 2pm every day, the notification pops up once but never again. This used to work fine but stopped on one of the recent major updates. However, this reminder synchronises to my laptop where it appears every day. How do I fix...
  10. Cortana Reminder Doesn't Work!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Reminder Doesn't Work!: Hello! All Cortana reminders don't work for me, how can I fix this issue, please? thanks in advance 70269