Windows 10: Cortana Wake Word Unavailable - Disabled after Windows Update

Discus and support Cortana Wake Word Unavailable - Disabled after Windows Update in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello, After a required update to the "new version" of Windows 10, version 2004, as seen below was properly installed along with the associated... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by gpattwx, Jun 26, 2020.

1. gpattwx Win User

Cortana Wake Word Unavailable - Disabled after Windows Update

Hello,

After a required update to the "new version" of Windows 10, version 2004, as seen below was properly installed along with the associated Quality Updates, it seems as though another major issue with Cortana has occurred.

Attempting to utilize the "Hey Cortana" as I did regularly to schedule appointments, etc., she now will not respond at all. Now, the only way for Cortana to hear me it to either click on the microphone in her window or press the "Windows Logo Key + C."

As you can also see below, going into the settings of Cortana now states "Wake word invocation is currently unavailable and will be included in a future update."

I would like to ask why the automatic voice command for Cortana was removed in the most recent update and when this will be fixed? Or, how can this be fixed now?

Thanks

Cortana Wake Word Unavailable - Disabled after Windows Update [​IMG]

Cortana Wake Word Unavailable - Disabled after Windows Update 47181b9c-9335-4267-868e-6732960502ce?upload=true.png

:)

gpattwx, Jun 26, 2020

2. Cortana is not tracking flights automatically after updating the old itinerary

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in Cortana settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable and re-enable Cortana settings in the computer.

• Sign in the computer.
      • Then click on Search bar.
      • In the search box at the bottom, type Cortana & Search settings in the search bar and click on it.
      • Then try to disable Cortana from Windows 10.
      • To re-enable Cortana, you can click inside the Cortana search bar.
      • From the bottom of the left section of the Cortana pane, click the Cortana icon.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

• Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Windows 10 -- Cannot disable the mouse from waking computer from sleep

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

Follow the steps below to try to disable device to wake the computer:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type powercfg –devicedisablewake and press
      Enter.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Method 2: Disable the Wake timers

Follow the steps below to Disable the Wake timers:

• Press Windows key +X.

• Click on Power Options.

• Click on edit Plan Settings and click on
      Change advanced power settings.

• Expand Sleep option and “Allow wake timers" and set this to
      disable.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Cortana Wake Word Unavailable - Disabled after Windows Update

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Cortana Wake Word Unavailable - Disabled after Windows Update

1. Cortana Wake Word Unavailable - Disabled after Windows Update - Similar Threads - Cortana Wake Word

2. Cortana wake-word unavailable after using Get-AppXPackage . "Voice activation is currently...

in Cortana
    Cortana wake-word unavailable after using Get-AppXPackage . "Voice activation is currently...: I was lately asked to run these command in powershell as I was unable to unable access Windows Settings from any links: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name windows.immersivecontrolpanel Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  3. Cortana Wake Word Problem. A little help pls?

in Cortana
    Cortana Wake Word Problem. A little help pls?: When I go to settings and turn on the setting that allows you to use the wake word Cortana, it says that it should work on the Cortana app. However, when I say her name the wake word she doesn't respond, and when I go into the app and ask her why she just says 'Sorry, I can't...
  4. The "Cortana" wake word stops working after you close the window and to get it to work...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The "Cortana" wake word stops working after you close the window and to get it to work...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/FloatingMilkshake [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ih2zqp/the_cortana_wake_word_stops_working_after_you/
  5. Cortana: Unavailable in English (UK)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana: Unavailable in English (UK): Recently updated to the 2004 build, now whenever launching Cortana it tells me it's unavailable in English UK. I've tried resetting, updating app and setting all language packs to UK, but still get the same issue. It worked perfectly prior to this update. Any ideas? thanks...
  6. disable cortana

in Windows 10 Customization
    disable cortana: how can I disable cortana completely when I play a game it pops up in task manager and takes a little cpu and it hangs my game a little https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-cortana/d7fd4128-6c0d-438c-a556-34ca7b7c38ed
  7. Cortana Partially Appearing After Disabling. How to Disable Cortana Completely?

in Cortana
    Cortana Partially Appearing After Disabling. How to Disable Cortana Completely?: Hello, I am trying to disable cortana in my new laptop Windows 10 system, which I am still configuring things. I followed some steps in regedit and set a flag to 0. Source: https://www.hows.tech/2019/04/disable-cortana-in-windows-10.html But it is still showing up the...
  8. Connected Home unavailable - Cortana

in Cortana
    Connected Home unavailable - Cortana: I do not see in Cortana notebook menu connetted home. I call from Italy and I use Windows 10 in Italian. For this, I cannot control may Hue lights. Can You help me? ***Title modified from: cortana domotica***...
  9. How to Disable Cortana after its been disabled ??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Disable Cortana after its been disabled ??: So after turning off Cortana in settings, I see its still running in the Task Manager, right click to end task and it starts right back up. So how do you disable it completely? *really found this... After playing around with it a bit, and I think I found a method....
  10. Disable Cortana??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Cortana??: How do you disable this?? I used a registry hack but still no good. I want to be able to search without this This is after the new 1607 update. 58467