Windows 10: Cortana - Webcam Problem

Discus and support Cortana - Webcam Problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Win 10 Tech Preview dual booted w/Win8.1. I originally started to use Cortana search with a MS Livecam VX-1000 camera only to find that camera is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by frostburg49, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Cortana - Webcam Problem

Win 10 Tech Preview dual booted w/Win8.1.

I originally started to use Cortana search with a MS Livecam VX-1000 camera only to find that camera is NOT compatible with Win 10 but was working with Win 8.1. Unplugged and removed the camera in Devices. Plugged in a Logitech HD Webcam C615 which is compatible with Win10. Win 10 installed software for the Logitech. The C615 camera works fine with Skype on both W10 and W8.1 installations. However the microphone will not work with Cortana.

I've turned Cortana off and restarted Win10, turned Cortana back on after having completely removed any reference to the VX-1000 camera yet Cortana does not hear me via the C615. Anyone have an idea what is wrong?

:)

frostburg49, Mar 14, 2015

2. My LifeCame Cinema webcam is always on. Why?

I had the same problem and think I know what it is - Cortana needs to listen to you all the time for the 'Hey Cortana!' prompt, and probably the webcam is the only microphone on your system, or it has been set to be the default recording device some how.

To change this, right mouse click on the little speaker icon in the system tray, and select 'Recording Devices'. Then, un set the Microsoft Lifecam as the default recording device. When you press OK, it should stop the blue light on the webcam.

Having said all that, the Lifecam cinema has a pretty decent microphone for a webcam, and works with Cortana pretty well, so you could just do what I do and turn the camera away when you are not using it.

Andrew Radford, Mar 14, 2015
  3. al92lt1 Win User
    Cortana stopped working after anniversary update

After the update Cortana and my Logitech stopped working. The webcam was fixed after a recent update, but Cortana still not working.

When will Cortana be fixed?

al92lt1, Mar 14, 2015
  4. BRKKAB Win User

Cortana - Webcam Problem

You probably need to open Control Panel, Sound and then set the Logitech C615 as the default microphone and make any other changes to it while there. Increase volume,etc. I've got the same webcam. The only issue I've noticed with mine, is that since I moved from Windows 7 to 8/8.1/10, the color doesn't look as good as it did in Windows 7.

BRKKAB, Mar 14, 2015
Thema:

Cortana - Webcam Problem

1. Cortana - Webcam Problem - Similar Threads - Cortana Webcam Problem

2. Problem with Webcam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Webcam: I'm on an Asus VivoBook and my camera is not working. The camera app shows a blank screen. The device manager says 'The device is working properly'. However, in the event log, it says 'Device USB\VID_322E&PID_2012&MI_00\7&11cbd490&0&0000 requires further installation'. I have...
  3. Webcam problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webcam problem: I installed an old webcam to see if it worked. It didn't, but it caused the image through my new camera to show only through the middle third of the screen area. How can I get the "system" to revert to showing the full image?...
  4. WebCam problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WebCam problem: I am using dell inspiron 3541.I have a problem with camera when i on my webcam in zoom meeting or in camera app u can see how my video looks in the screenshot.And not only this in zoom meeting when i click on the video option to on my video then meeting will not respond for...
  5. WebCam problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WebCam problems: I was trying to take a photo in Photoshop,using my installed Web Cam (a Logitech C160). The App reported that it couldn't find any Webcam or WIA device. I tried the same with Windows Photo App, Webcam not detected. I had a second Webcam ( a HP 2300), - same results. However,...
  6. webcam problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    webcam problem: I have an Asus vivobook flip 14 and when my kids try to turn on the built-in webcam, it just says "camera reached limit ". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-problem/f2c627f7-0cba-4220-8149-137e228e4672
  7. webcam problem

webcam problem: hi I'm straggling to open the webcam. I tried to open it for 2 days using you suggestion but still it's not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-problem/c0b2e2bc-cf2a-43fd-83fc-3bea8f275ff8
  8. Cortana enabled webcams

in Cortana
    Cortana enabled webcams: What would be some inexpensive Cortana enabled webcams? My Logitech's HD 720 microphone is not, apparently. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-enabled-webcams/c5b1fc7c-bd4e-4a6a-8538-dfdb78b9b5d9"
  9. WEBCAM PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WEBCAM PROBLEM: I have acquired a used/secondhand LABTEC WEBCAM DESKTOP/LAPTOP CAMERA V-UAM32 861162-0000, S/N LNA42212869 that I wish to use with my Windows 10 desktop computer. At present, it is not being recognised - no 'ding dong' on connecting it to a USB port! In 'Device Manager',...
  10. Webcam Problems?

Webcam Problems?: Step One - go back to your computer mfgr's support site, register, and download the latest drivers and chipset software. When I visited Dell I found 9 as of yet uninstalled updates for my two yr old laptop! Visit Adobe and check which version of Flash Player you're...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. w10 v1803 logitech webcam problem