Windows 10: Cortana - Why won't it leave me alone.

Discus and support Cortana - Why won't it leave me alone. in Cortana to solve the problem; Cortana window suddenly appears. I close with the X and it immediately pops back un. Extreme nuisance.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Robirdman1, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Cortana - Why won't it leave me alone.

Cortana window suddenly appears. I close with the X and it immediately pops back un. Extreme nuisance.

:)

Robirdman1, Dec 25, 2020

2. cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 25, 2020
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. Cortana - Why won't it leave me alone.

cortana won`t talk to me

Hi the location button wasn`t working so Cortana couldn`t go any further than the "allow" option in the search box--I went to task manager/services and found a geo location service that was disabled and when trying to enable "specified file not found" there
    was another that depended on RPC that wasn`t working.

I went back to settings and pressed the "I don`t want you to know me" button and cleared all my location/interests from the computer

I then pressed the "getting to know you button" and the location button started working again--and Cortana appeared !! The setup had to be done all over with Cortana.

Using my AVG TUNEUP TOOL/defragmentation I also discovered after the reset that I was 25% fragmented--which I fixed.

During the processes I tried activating the mike through the speech recognition using the HP Webcam mike--the mike worked but not Cortana

I then used my mike (headset) (Logitech) that I used with my Majicjack for telephone through the computer. the notification sounded off and the device setup activated so it must have found the files it needed.

There were components removed and a list was saved to my desktop that I did not see. IDT AUDIO was one of them and got downloaded this morning

STEVEN J._846, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

Cortana - Why won't it leave me alone.

1. Cortana - Why won't it leave me alone. - Similar Threads - Cortana Why won't

2. WHY CAN'T YOU LEAVE MY SETTINGS ALONE.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHY CAN'T YOU LEAVE MY SETTINGS ALONE.: I'M SICK AND FLIPPING TIRED OF MICROSOFT TRYING TO CONTROL THE FREAKING WORLD. WHY CANT YOU LEAVE MY SETTING PREFERENCES ALONE? I'M SICK AND TIRED OF HAVING TO CHANGE ALL MY PREFERENCES BACK EVERYTIME YOU DO AN UPDATE. BING SUCKS!!!! I DON'T USE IT, I USE GOOGLE. QUIT...
  3. Why won't Windows leave my backup drive alone??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why won't Windows leave my backup drive alone??: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CptnBangatron [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/vskp1r/why_wont_windows_leave_my_backup_drive_alone/
  4. OneDrive won't leave me alone and I uninstalled it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive won't leave me alone and I uninstalled it: Hi!I am SO frustrated with OneDrive. It won't leave me alone. It is completely uninstalled on my computer and yet it continually pops up at me with messages about saving to OneDrive or "Please upload to OneDrive to share", etc.It is a huge time-sucker when it continues to...
  5. OneDrive won't leave me alone and I uninstalled it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive won't leave me alone and I uninstalled it: Hi!I am SO frustrated with OneDrive. It won't leave me alone. It is completely uninstalled on my computer and yet it continually pops up at me with messages about saving to OneDrive or "Please upload to OneDrive to share", etc.It is a huge time-sucker when it continues to...
  6. OneDrive won't leave me alone and I uninstalled it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Why can't Microsoft leave things that are working alone?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why can't Microsoft leave things that are working alone?: I'm still seething from some **** they did in an update that now forces me to unplug my hdmi cable to turn on my computer and then plug it back in after the BIOS has processed.Now they did something to take over the Logitech keyboard driver. I have a Logitech MK320 keyboard...
  8. Cortana appearsworks alone.

in Cortana
    Cortana appearsworks alone.: I don't sayed a Hey, Cortana but Cortana appearworks alone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-appearsworks-alone/f71adf29-28da-4312-bec2-dd5c5948afc6
  9. Why is MS incapable of leaving Grub alone?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is MS incapable of leaving Grub alone?: Just WHAT is Microsoft's major malfunction that they are *INCAPABLE* of leaving the Grub bootloader alone when MSWin10 does a version "upgrade"???? With all the SUPPOSED programming "geniuses" they have, this should be a dead-simple task, yet they continue to mess this up...
  10. LEAVE MY PC ALONE

in Windows 10 Customization
    LEAVE MY PC ALONE: Why Windows using all my Disk usage, im tired of this, Windows update, superfetech or whatever, delivery, widnows log, windows read WIDNOW WINDOWS WINODSW!!! can i use my pc for a bit if u dont mind??? i cant do anything, while playing i had lags because of WIndows, opening...