Windows 10: Cortana will not open, run and search

Discus and support Cortana will not open, run and search in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I click the Cortana icon nothing happens, it will not open so I cannot use it for searching, reminders, etc. How can I deal with this? 57654 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by clayto, Jul 27, 2016.

1. clayto Win User

Cortana will not open, run and search

When I click the Cortana icon nothing happens, it will not open so I cannot use it for searching, reminders, etc. How can I deal with this?

:)

clayto, Jul 27, 2016
  2. DCProud Win User

How to run an EXE file with cortana

Why can't Cortana understand the simple commands in the Windows menu, like "open [file name]" or "run [program name]"? It -- or more precisely, the people who program Cortana -- should know that when someone wants to run or open a program, they don't
    want a search query. If we want a search query, we'd say "search for." Why is that so hard?

DCProud, Jul 27, 2016
  3. Roggsf Win User
    No Search - No Cotana Ability

Hello,

I cannot access Cortana or Search using Win+X > Search.....

Cortana has its circle icon but clicking it does nothing.... Cannot open it up. Same win Win+X>Search - it will not open up to type......

Running Win10-1511 on Dell XPS Laptop.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

roger

Roggsf, Jul 27, 2016
Thema:

Cortana will not open, run and search

1. Cortana will not open, run and search - Similar Threads - Cortana open run

2. Cortana and Search

in Cortana
    Cortana and Search: I deleted Cortana. I now have no search options, apps won't open, and my mouse and keyboard failed a diagnostic test. When I run troubleshooter is says my Windows Search doesn't work. I've tried every suggestion on google search, most I can't try because search doesn't work....
  3. Search Not working and Cortana Won't Open

in Cortana
    Search Not working and Cortana Won't Open: Windows Search will not work on my computer. I cannot access Cortana settings. I cannot access the "about" screen to find out which version of windows 10 is running. I have reset the troubleshooting index for search. It does not find any known issues. Windows Updates...
  4. Cortana and Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana and Search: I performed a virus, malware and clean up of Windows using Tronscript. It did the job except for two things- removed the Search icon and Cortana icon from my Windows tray. I can move Cortana to the tray. However, I can't open it. It tells me need permission from the...
  5. Open Cortana search entry with another browser?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open Cortana search entry with another browser?: Hey, community, I would like to know how to open other browsers with the "Windows feature" Cortana. So if I can give you an example: Youtube.com as an example, that it opens automatically with Chrome and not with Edge. [ATTACH] Cortana sucheingabe mit anderem...
  6. Cortana & Search

in Cortana
    Cortana & Search: Dear Sirs Recently my Cortana has stopped searching, stating that there is no internet connection. However, the internet connection is fine and and strong and nothing else reports this problem. I have no problems browsing at all. What's going on?...
  7. Cortana search bar in not open

in Cortana
    Cortana search bar in not open: How can I turn on the Cortana search bar? I can talk to ask Cortana a question but I cannot type the question. The search bar is accessible. The microphone is visible....
  8. CORTANA search

in Cortana
    CORTANA search: Hi All, Is there a way to configure CORTANA to search for specific words from a documents contained in specific folder only. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-search/98bd5c7b-8da6-4617-b617-cb347ba56cf7"
  9. Cortana search

in Cortana
    Cortana search: I used to have a cortana search box on my task bar that I used to find files on my computer. Now it's not there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-search/92876d53-09e6-4d6a-bb7a-6eeee910fc40"
  10. Cortana web searches not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana web searches not opening: Does it still do this when you have Microsoft Edge set as your default web browser? Choose Default Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials Yeah, it still doesn't work.