Cortana will soon be able to wake up your PC from standby

Discus and support Cortana will soon be able to wake up your PC from standby in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; With Windows 10, Microsoft shipped a new personal digital assistant named Cortana and with help from Intel's Smart Sound technology, she will be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Read more: Cortana will soon be able to wake up your PC from standby

:)

Brink, Aug 18, 2015
  2. SCOUSEinOZ Win User

"Hey Cortana" not working on Lumia 950 XL

Cortana is supposed to respond when in standby mode on my 950 and most of the time she doesn't. The only time I get a response is after waking up my phone and even then not always, unlike my Windows 10 PC where she responds every time.

SCOUSEinOZ, Aug 18, 2015
  3. chonggangxu Win User
    Cortana's problem

The same issue here with my yoga 13 when I turn on "Hey, Cortana" option. After wake up, Cortana cannot hear me. After restart, the problem will fix; however, it is such a pain as I normally does not want to restart my computer every time I want to use Cortana.
    I checked the microphone by typing set up microphone in setting and the microphone worked as expected. An interesting thing is that the Cortana will be able to listen again if I "relearn my voice". The problem seems that the Cortana is not able to link to
    the microphone after wake up but fixed after restart or "relearn my voice".

Interestingly, if I turn off "Hey, Cortana" option, Cortana will work from wake up.

chonggangxu, Aug 18, 2015
  4. linw Win User

Nudging the mouse is cool, too!! Less effort as well. And we plebs aren't Cortana enabled yet, either.

5. BillyBob Win User
    Love Cortana, except for the fact that my wife thinks I'm having an online affair because she keeps hearing me talk to the computer. I've gotten used to talking to my computer pretty quickly, because I've gotten into the habit of asking my Android phone for directions and company phone numbers and heaps of other stuff.
    Bring on the new stuff, cant get enough, I think I should have been born in the future.

BillyBob, Aug 19, 2015
  6. John035 Win User
    Sounds useful, but I would never say that out loud.

John035, Aug 19, 2015
  7. stupops Win User
    I still dont have cortana. lord knows how to get it working. I cant change the speech region to anything other than ENG US (everything else is set to UK) and when I try download the speech pack it just freezes. so frustrating.

stupops, Aug 19, 2015
  8. Gary Win User

I don't have a Microphone so I guess it won't , could be used as an alarm system I guess.

9. John Pombrio Win User
    What I am afraid of is when Cortana and Alexa start talking to one another. "Wait, I didn't order this new Skylake processor and motherboard with 64GB of DDR4 RAM!"

John Pombrio, Aug 19, 2015
  10. CountryBumkin Win User
    LOL *chuckle

CountryBumkin, Aug 19, 2015
  11. Gary Win User
    That is hilarious!

Cortana will soon be able to wake up your PC from standby [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Cortana will soon be able to wake up your PC from standby - Similar Threads - Cortana soon able

2. In Windows 10, I am not able to uninstall a program using the Settings App utility. Is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In Windows 10, I am not able to uninstall a program using the Settings App utility. Is...: In Windows 10, I am not able to uninstall a program using the App Settings utility. Is there another way? I believe that I had inadvertently deleted a file from the Programs (x86) folder for that program. When I try to uninstall the program using the settings utility, I...
  3. software communication error when i try to print from my wireless printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    software communication error when i try to print from my wireless printer: i think i connected my wireless bluetooth computer to my laptop but when i tried to print i get a software communication error and nothing prints...
  4. Sharing My (yours if you have) 3D Builder Model Design

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sharing My (yours if you have) 3D Builder Model Design: Hey guys! Just want to share a 3D model design i made today. I'm trying to see how far i can take 3D builder. I also have the "casting" for the designs on on the table edges and feet. Took me about an hour to make this since i wasn't sure where i was going with it but now i...
  5. retrieving / recovering apps. removed while pc resets.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    retrieving / recovering apps. removed while pc resets.: Reviewed information on subject posted and seems easy enough to reinstall app. however, in particular how do I access the data that was saved to any particular app. ie have several years tax files. Worst comes to worst can I reset to a date prior to this episode?...
  6. Cannot remove old account from login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot remove old account from login screen: When I turn on my computer I get the old user ID and have to click on new user ID on bottom left portion of screen to sign in with new user ID. How do I remove the old user ID from login screen?...
  7. How to remove my MS email account from a laptop I am returning ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove my MS email account from a laptop I am returning ?: I am returning an Acer laptop which I replaced with a new laptop. Before returning the defective laptop, I want to delete my MS account, etc. I have deleted all files but it still shows my administrator name which is my MS email name and email. How do I remove it?...
  8. how do i have my computer use 2 step verification when it starts up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i have my computer use 2 step verification when it starts up: How can I have my computer use 2 step verification when it starts up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-i-have-my-computer-use-2-step-verification/84a74da8-2af3-49ff-af62-60824d50590f"
  9. Pc ran into a problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc ran into a problem: I had just bought a dell xps 15 and have had it for a week used it 3 or 4 times. Yesterday i went to the start button and pressed shut down and update. It took a very long time the last time i looked it at it was 30% done and i went to sleep the next thing i knew my laptop...
  10. Optiarc DVD RW AD - 5260S doesn't show in configuration anymore,but does show up in the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Optiarc DVD RW AD - 5260S doesn't show in configuration anymore,but does show up in the...: My Optiarc DVD RW AD - 5260S doesn't show in the hardware configuration anymore,but does show up in the BIOS config I am pretty sure it worked before in windows10. I just recently found out, because I wanted to re-install an older PC game. I prolly didn't played it for more...