Windows 10: Cortana will soon be able to wake up your PC from standby

Discus and support Cortana will soon be able to wake up your PC from standby in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; With Windows 10, Microsoft shipped a new personal digital assistant named Cortana and with help from Intel's Smart Sound technology, she will be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Cortana will soon be able to wake up your PC from standby

Read more: Cortana will soon be able to wake up your PC from standby

:)

Brink, Aug 18, 2015

2. "Hey Cortana" not working on Lumia 950 XL

Cortana is supposed to respond when in standby mode on my 950 and most of the time she doesn't. The only time I get a response is after waking up my phone and even then not always, unlike my Windows 10 PC where she responds every time.

SCOUSEinOZ, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Cortana's problem

The same issue here with my yoga 13 when I turn on "Hey, Cortana" option. After wake up, Cortana cannot hear me. After restart, the problem will fix; however, it is such a pain as I normally does not want to restart my computer every time I want to use Cortana.
    I checked the microphone by typing set up microphone in setting and the microphone worked as expected. An interesting thing is that the Cortana will be able to listen again if I "relearn my voice". The problem seems that the Cortana is not able to link to
    the microphone after wake up but fixed after restart or "relearn my voice".

Interestingly, if I turn off "Hey, Cortana" option, Cortana will work from wake up.

chonggangxu, Aug 18, 2015
  4. linw Win User

Nudging the mouse is cool, too!! Less effort as well. And we plebs aren't Cortana enabled yet, either.

5. BillyBob Win User
    Love Cortana, except for the fact that my wife thinks I'm having an online affair because she keeps hearing me talk to the computer. I've gotten used to talking to my computer pretty quickly, because I've gotten into the habit of asking my Android phone for directions and company phone numbers and heaps of other stuff.
    Bring on the new stuff, cant get enough, I think I should have been born in the future.

BillyBob, Aug 19, 2015
  6. John035 Win User
    Sounds useful, but I would never say that out loud.

John035, Aug 19, 2015
  7. stupops Win User
    I still dont have cortana. lord knows how to get it working. I cant change the speech region to anything other than ENG US (everything else is set to UK) and when I try download the speech pack it just freezes. so frustrating.

stupops, Aug 19, 2015
  8. Gary Win User

I don't have a Microphone so I guess it won't , could be used as an alarm system I guess.

9. What I am afraid of is when Cortana and Alexa start talking to one another. "Wait, I didn't order this new Skylake processor and motherboard with 64GB of DDR4 RAM!"

John Pombrio, Aug 19, 2015
  10. LOL *chuckle

CountryBumkin, Aug 19, 2015
  11. Gary Win User
    That is hilarious!

Cortana will soon be able to wake up your PC from standby [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Cortana will soon be able to wake up your PC from standby - Similar Threads - Cortana soon able

2. PC won't wake up from sleep: Intermittent

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't wake up from sleep: Intermittent: Hello Problem do come and go. Now more frequent. PC won't wake up from the sleep mode. - I did check all the mouse and keyboard setup to allow to wake up - I did setup the BIOS to enable it. - I did repair some Windows file using SFC /scannow Since yesterday, I'M not even...
  3. BSOD after pc wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after pc wakes up from sleep: For the past few weeks I have been getting bsod when ever put my pc to sleep and after a few seconds or minutes I get DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE bsod. I updated windows and all the drivers on my pc and but am still getting bsod. One thing to note is I have malwarebytes...
  4. Regular BSOD following waking computer from Standby

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Regular BSOD following waking computer from Standby: Hi, I've been getting consistent BSOD's, seemingly at random, with the only pattern being that they seem to mostly come after waking the computer from Standby mode. The BSOD's then can happen two or three times following a restart for some reason. I've attached the .zip file....
  5. Mouse keeps waking up PC from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse keeps waking up PC from sleep: Hi, I am trying to prevent my mouse from waking up my PC and currently haven't found a solution. Things tried: Wake up feature from the mouse is currently unticked. In the keyboard section there are two HID keyboards. The second one is the mouse, since when I unticked...
  6. PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate: A few Preview builds have been acting strangely. If I put computer to sleep or hibernate it wakes up by itself and keeps doing in the loop. Seems like it's happening during the night. Any idea? Thanks 105289
  7. How to stop PC from waking up at 3AM?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to stop PC from waking up at 3AM?: Re-installed Win 10 after botched update, now it wakes up at 3 am every day. Cleaned Task Scheduler from what (IMO) was not needed. Still wakes up. Checked Power settings, don't see anything wrong. Minimum processor power was 5%, changed to 0%. Still wakes up. The...
  8. Desktop PC wont wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop PC wont wake up from sleep: after a fresh install of Windows 10 on a Samsung 850 EVO 500gb SSD i cant seem to get my computer to wake. i have my mouse (Logitech g700s) currently plugged in with USB cable and a 2.4ghz wireless keyboard. after i put the computer to sleep i cant seem to wake it. my only...
  9. Custom PC not waking up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Custom PC not waking up from sleep mode: My custom computer doesn't wake up from sleep mode whenever I try to wake it up. It's a problem that started a few weeks ago, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to resolve it. I tried everything I've could, and I think I might have a lead. I was able to wake the...
  10. pc would not wake up

in Windows 10 Support
    pc would not wake up: I have posted that my pc was working fine with windows 10TP. today i left the machine (working doing its updates etc (left turned on)). when after a few hours i went to use the pc it would not wake up i had to unplug at the mains to get it going again.. Now realy...