Windows 10: Cortana will soon be able to wake up your PC from standby

Discus and support Cortana will soon be able to wake up your PC from standby in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; With Windows 10, Microsoft shipped a new personal digital assistant named Cortana and with help from Intel's Smart Sound technology, she will be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Cortana will soon be able to wake up your PC from standby

Read more: Cortana will soon be able to wake up your PC from standby

:)

Brink, Aug 18, 2015

2. "Hey Cortana" not working on Lumia 950 XL

Cortana is supposed to respond when in standby mode on my 950 and most of the time she doesn't. The only time I get a response is after waking up my phone and even then not always, unlike my Windows 10 PC where she responds every time.

SCOUSEinOZ, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Cortana's problem

The same issue here with my yoga 13 when I turn on "Hey, Cortana" option. After wake up, Cortana cannot hear me. After restart, the problem will fix; however, it is such a pain as I normally does not want to restart my computer every time I want to use Cortana.
    I checked the microphone by typing set up microphone in setting and the microphone worked as expected. An interesting thing is that the Cortana will be able to listen again if I "relearn my voice". The problem seems that the Cortana is not able to link to
    the microphone after wake up but fixed after restart or "relearn my voice".

Interestingly, if I turn off "Hey, Cortana" option, Cortana will work from wake up.

chonggangxu, Aug 18, 2015
  4. linw Win User

Nudging the mouse is cool, too!! Less effort as well. And we plebs aren't Cortana enabled yet, either.

5. BillyBob Win User
    Love Cortana, except for the fact that my wife thinks I'm having an online affair because she keeps hearing me talk to the computer. I've gotten used to talking to my computer pretty quickly, because I've gotten into the habit of asking my Android phone for directions and company phone numbers and heaps of other stuff.
    Bring on the new stuff, cant get enough, I think I should have been born in the future.

BillyBob, Aug 19, 2015
  6. John035 Win User
    Sounds useful, but I would never say that out loud.

John035, Aug 19, 2015
  7. stupops Win User
    I still dont have cortana. lord knows how to get it working. I cant change the speech region to anything other than ENG US (everything else is set to UK) and when I try download the speech pack it just freezes. so frustrating.

stupops, Aug 19, 2015
  8. Gary Win User

I don't have a Microphone so I guess it won't , could be used as an alarm system I guess.

9. What I am afraid of is when Cortana and Alexa start talking to one another. "Wait, I didn't order this new Skylake processor and motherboard with 64GB of DDR4 RAM!"

John Pombrio, Aug 19, 2015
  10. LOL *chuckle

CountryBumkin, Aug 19, 2015
  11. Gary Win User
    That is hilarious!

Cortana will soon be able to wake up your PC from standby [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Cortana will soon be able to wake up your PC from standby - Similar Threads - Cortana soon able

2. Windows 11: Windows Update wakes up the PC from standby, then restarts the PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: Windows Update wakes up the PC from standby, then restarts the PC: This is clearly a bug or mischievous behavior:On my Windows 11 PC, Windows Update wakes up the PC from standby, then restarts the PC to keep it running the whole night.1. Windows should not power on the PC or wake the PC from standby without me having a say.2. Windows Update...
  3. Windows 11: Windows Update wakes up the PC from standby, then restarts the PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: Windows Update wakes up the PC from standby, then restarts the PC: This is clearly a bug or mischievous behavior:On my Windows 11 PC, Windows Update wakes up the PC from standby, then restarts the PC to keep it running the whole night.1. Windows should not power on the PC or wake the PC from standby without me having a say.2. Windows Update...
  4. Surface wakes up from standby always with maximum brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface wakes up from standby always with maximum brightness: Surface Pro 6 Adaptive brightness doesn't make a difference. The brightness setting shows me my last brightness but the brightness itself is 100%. As soon as i click at the brightness setting bar it sets the correct brightness. Restart didn't work. Seems like the...
  5. Window keeps waking up laptop from Modern Standby

in Windows 10 Support
    Window keeps waking up laptop from Modern Standby: Hi, On my new laptop (it's in my specs) that came with 2004 preinstalled so far I have figured out that updating it to 20H2 has brought back the option to enter Code: reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power /v PlatformAoAcOverride /t REG_DWORD /d 0 (in an elevated...
  6. screen wakes up from standby very fast

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    screen wakes up from standby very fast: Hi, when I'm AFK, I usually lock windows by pressing Windows key + L As a side effect, the screen will quickly go into standby mode. I've bought a completely new system, a new PC, screen, mouse and keyboard. Now my screen wakes up just a few seconds after it goes into...
  7. CORTANA CAN'T WAKE UP

in Cortana
    CORTANA CAN'T WAKE UP: CORTANA WON'T HEAR MY WAKE WORD, WON'T RESPOND TO ME, I tried setting region to UK , then it worked for a while, but it suddently stopped working, I had to set region agian, this keeps having same issue, how to fix it so that Cortana can hear my wake word and respond?...
  8. Disable mouse wake up in modern standby

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable mouse wake up in modern standby: Hi, I have new laptop Dell which support modern standby. There is one thing, I can't disable mouse to prevent waking up from modern standby. My mouse does not have power switch, so every time when I put my laptop to backpack it wakes up, because of mouse. I have tried...
  9. Alienware 17 R4 wont wake up from sleep/standby

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Alienware 17 R4 wont wake up from sleep/standby: This issue has happened on every desktop/laptop ive owned from custom build to name brand why isnt microsoft dealing with this issue, their are 1000's of people with this concern who have this very same problem, i would want my Alienware 17 r4 to sleep then when i open the...
  10. PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate: A few Preview builds have been acting strangely. If I put computer to sleep or hibernate it wakes up by itself and keeps doing in the loop. Seems like it's happening during the night. Any idea? Thanks 105289