Windows 10: Cortana Win 10 start menu shortcut opens Store, Updates

Discus and support Cortana Win 10 start menu shortcut opens Store, Updates in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, 1. Win S launches Cortana. 2. A desktop shortcut to Cortana works. 3. The start menu Cortana shortcut launches Store (it was working at some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dalchina, Sep 14, 2015.

1. dalchina New Member

Cortana Win 10 start menu shortcut opens Store, Updates

Hi,
    1. Win S launches Cortana.
    2. A desktop shortcut to Cortana works.
    3. The start menu Cortana shortcut launches Store (it was working at some point..)

Win 10 is now running... well, actually quite smoothly- as far as I know, this is the only oddity (until I turn over another stone..)

I normally use Classic shell, and don't use Cortana. However, having found changing settings has disrupted Cortana, I sometimes check- I feel I've seen a comment about this somewhere.

I tried this:
    For Cortana

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Windows.Cortana).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"}

but no change. Also wsreset.exe.

I don't know to replace the shortcut in the Win 10 start menu, given I have one on the desktop..

Thanks!

:)

dalchina, Sep 14, 2015

2. Windows store not opening after cumulative update KB3081455 in windows 10

We’ve covered how to make
    Start menu and Cortana to work
    again in the Windows 10 build 10130. we’ve come with another fix to non-opening Store beta app. When you try to open the
    Store App by clicking on its icon on the taskbar, splash screen appears and goes away, and Store doesn’t open. Here is the command that resolved the issue for us.

Fix Store App doesn’t open in Windows 10 build 10130
    1. Press Win key+X to open
    Quick menu
    and select ‘Command Prompt (Admin)

Cortana Win 10 start menu shortcut opens Store, Updates [​IMG]

TIP :
    Windows 8 or 10 : Quickly Open Elevated Command Prompt with Win+X, A Shortcut

2. Paste the following command and press enter

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

3. Try to open the Store now, it will.

or try a clean install or reset (IF YOU ARE DOING THIS, BACK UP YOUR COMPUTER!)

there is nothing here to see, Sep 14, 2015
  3. I cannot open my Windows 10 Store. Please help.

We’ve covered how to make
    Start menu and Cortana to work
    again in the Windows 10 build 10130. we’ve come with another fix to non-opening Store beta app. When you try to open the
    Store App by clicking on its icon on the taskbar, splash screen appears and goes away, and Store doesn’t open. Here is the command that resolved the issue for us.

Fix Store App doesn’t open in Windows 10 build 10130
    1. Press Win key+X to open
    Quick menu
    and select ‘Command Prompt (Admin)

Cortana Win 10 start menu shortcut opens Store, Updates [​IMG]

TIP :
    Windows 8 or 10 : Quickly Open Elevated Command Prompt with Win+X, A Shortcut

2. Paste the following command and press enter

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

3. Try to open the Store now, it will.

or try a clean install or reset (IF YOU ARE DOING THIS, BACK UP YOUR COMPUTER!)

there is nothing here to see, Sep 14, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Further: If I drag the Cortana icon off the start menu to the desktop, that shortcut launches Cortana correctly.

I should add other shortcuts to universal apps on the Win 10 start menu work.

dalchina, Sep 15, 2015
Thema:

1. Cortana Win 10 start menu shortcut opens Store, Updates - Similar Threads - Cortana start menu

2. Start menu, cortana and app store will not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu, cortana and app store will not open: My Windows key and the windows logo on my screen will not open the start menu. If I right click on the Windows log I get that menu with settings etc but not the list of Apps when I left click. Also if I select Cortana it starts to open I get a blank box with Cortana at the...
  3. Start menu, cortana and app store will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu, cortana and app store will not open: My Windows key and the windows logo on my screen will not open the start menu. If I right click on the Windows log I get that menu with settings etc but not the list of Apps when I left click. Also if I select Cortana it starts to open I get a blank box with Cortana at the...
  4. Start menu, cortana and app store will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Start Menu won't open on Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu won't open on Win 10: Hi all, I am using Win 10 on a HP All in One desktop. I cannot open the Start menu on the left side of the screen. The icon is there but when I click on it there's a little flash that says " Start" & nothing happens. I can right click it & it shows a list of options including...
  6. Start Menu won't open on Win 10

Start Menu won't open on Win 10: Hi all, I am using Win 10 on a HP All in One desktop. I cannot open the Start menu on the left side of the screen. The icon is there but when I click on it there's a little flash that says " Start" & nothing happens. I can right click it & it shows a list of options including...
  7. Start Menu won't open on Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How to stop shortcut Win+C to open Cortana

How to stop shortcut Win+C to open Cortana: I don't like Cortana, I don't use Cortana, so I don't want Cortana. I found here in the forum how to disable it using the Local Group Policy Editor. But I use Clipboard history a lot and many times, as I type very fast, I hit Win+C instead of Win+V. And when I hit Win+C I...
  9. Can’t open browser, cortana or start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t open browser, cortana or start menu: I factory reset my MSI GL62M 7RDX laptop to sell it but I can’t open Internet Explorer, Cortana or the start menu. When I click Cortana or the start menu, the blue circle appears next to my cursor for about 2 or 3 seconds but nothing happens. When I try to open the browser,...
  10. Start Menu and Cortana Not Opening - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu and Cortana Not Opening - Windows 10: My start menu will not work in Windows 10. Cortana/Search also doesn't work. When I click it, it does nothing. If I right click on my search bar, I see a bunch of options like "Disk Management" and "Control Panel." These are clickable, except for "Search," which does...