Windows 10: Cortana/Windows Explorer search does not work?

Discus and support Cortana/Windows Explorer search does not work? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since about 1 week I have the problem that I cannot use the search in Windows Explorer. I just press on it and I can't type any text and the I sign... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FTBLauncher, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Cortana/Windows Explorer search does not work?

Since about 1 week I have the problem that I cannot use the search in Windows Explorer. I just press on it and I can't type any text and the I sign doesn't appear on what I am allowed to type. The same problem with Cortana. I would be glad about help. Thanks

:)

FTBLauncher, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Cortana/Windows Explorer search does not work?

1. Cortana/Windows Explorer search does not work? - Similar Threads - Cortana Explorer search

2. Cortana and File Explorer search not working!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana and File Explorer search not working!: I'm running windows 10 with latest update (KB4566782). Both Cortana and File Explorer search won't open. I tried the Microsoft powershell script to reset cortana, uninstall update, reinstalling cortana, all services seems to be running correctly. What else could it be?...
  3. Cortana's search field not working and File Explorer search field not working

in Cortana
    Cortana's search field not working and File Explorer search field not working: I have tried all these suggested fixes and none of them fix either of the two problems. https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/file-explorer-search-not-working.html I am wondering if anyone else had this dual problem? I see there is a Powershell script I can run...
  4. Search and Cortana not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search and Cortana not working?: This has been an issue for me for a while but I usually ignore it because I can't seem to fix it, but here I am. Neither search or Cortana seem to even launch, clicking on the search icon on my taskbar does nothing, but I do notice Cortana's process pop up in task manager...
  5. Explorer Search field does not work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer Search field does not work: Hello, The Explorer search field just to the right of the magnifying glass is unable to receive the focus. I have tried each following approach: >Press Windows key + F >Click the mouse in such field The search field getting the focus has been flaky for me for the past...
  6. Cortana and search not working

in Cortana
    Cortana and search not working: After installing the latest update of windows with the latest apps, my C drive's storage space drastically decreased (assuming because of the windows old folder being created), along with the start button having a slow response and the cortana & search unable to function. I...
  7. Cortana Search not working

in Cortana
    Cortana Search not working: Hi, I have two issues with Cortana Search. In 1 PC the user is able to search the apps using cortana search but as soon as he clicks the apps, the apps closes i.e. if he opens CALC then CALC opens and closes immediately. This is happening for all the microsoft apps. But...
  8. Cortana / Windows search is not working

in Cortana
    Cortana / Windows search is not working: I can not even type anything in the search box. I have tried every imaginable fix. I am thinking the only way to fix this might be a factory restore. I am at my wit's end. Any help would be sincerely appreciated....
  9. Cortana and Search not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana and Search not working: Hey! Im new to this website so sorry if I do anything wrong, so my problem is, when i try to click cortana nothing opens and when i try to search nothing happens as well. I'm just clicking keys and it doesn't search. Any idea how I can fix this? Thanks 63973
  10. cortana/search not working?!?!

in Windows 10 Support
    cortana/search not working?!?!: just done a fresh install with the latest iso available. here it is the problem using search/cortana... (honestly i didn't care in the past, so i don't it's a normal beahaviour) -loggin in as administrator i can use the search and find settings like "system restore" or...