Windows 10: Cortana/Windows Search doesn't do math calculations anymore

Discus and support Cortana/Windows Search doesn't do math calculations anymore in Cortana to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to Windows 10 version 1903 and it seems I can no longer do math calculations in the search any more. In the past, entering simple... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by aagha, Jun 5, 2019.

1. aagha Win User

Cortana/Windows Search doesn't do math calculations anymore

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 version 1903 and it seems I can no longer do math calculations in the search any more. In the past, entering simple math (or simple searches) resulted in the answer showing up on the frame on the right, but now all I see is "search the web for...":

Cortana/Windows Search doesn't do math calculations anymore 8fa78195-c43b-4b47-b1be-6c924706c70c?upload=true.png

How do I get the frame to show the results of my search rather than being forced to search the web/open in a browser?

* Moved from insider

:)

aagha, Jun 5, 2019
  2. Konmal88 Win User

Cortana doesn' t replie.

Cortana doesn' t replie to me. She just search on bing everything I say. What I have to do to solve this problem?

Konmal88, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 tip: How to access Cortana's secret calculator

Who needs Windows Calc? Cortana can do simple math, and with one extra keystroke you can display a full-featured calculator in the Start menu.
    By Ed Bott for The Ed Bott Report | February 24, 2016 -- 12:27 GMT (12:27 GMT) | Topic: Windows 10

You don't need an app to do basic math in Windows 10. If you've enabled Cortana, you can perform those calculations by tapping the Windows key and then typing the formula in the search box.

Make your formula as simple or as complex as you want, using standard operators: + and - for addition and subtraction, * and / for multiplication, % for percentages, ^ for exponentiation. Cortana automatically groups internal calculations; use parentheses if you want to control grouping.

As soon as you type an equals sign or press Enter, Cortana displays the result at the top of the search results list.

Want to do more calculations using the result of that formula? Press Enter to open the full calculator shown here.

Note that the calculator vanishes as soon as you click away, and you can't copy the formula or its results.

Windows 10 tip: How to access Cortana's secret calculator | ZDNet

hTconeM9user, Jun 5, 2019
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Cortana/Windows Search doesn't do math calculations anymore [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Cortana/Windows Search doesn't do math calculations anymore - Similar Threads - Cortana Search doesn't

2. Cortana can't do actions except search the web and do math

in Cortana
    Cortana can't do actions except search the web and do math: Cortana can't do actions except search the web and do math. I used a Microsoft account, and it works smoothly but not in work or school accounts. It can't even open apps!...
  3. Calculator doesn't show anymore entire string of numbers when doing a sum

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Calculator doesn't show anymore entire string of numbers when doing a sum: When doing a sum of a series of numbers in Calculator, it used to be that all the values you added to the sum where being show in the display before you hit the = button to get the result. After some update this seem to have changed.. when i add a number to a sum it only...
  4. Windows Search doesn't show icons anymore

in Cortana
    Windows Search doesn't show icons anymore: Does anyone know how to fix this? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-doesnt-show-icons-anymore/122a954f-93d7-4830-88bb-63cf6aaf9139
  5. calculator doesn't work anymore after last update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    calculator doesn't work anymore after last update: after the last update i can't open the calculator, for someone who uses it often this is very annoying. edit: version 2004 - kb4586781 was the last update i mentioned submitted by /u/mjklsimpson [link] [comments]...
  6. cortana doesn't remind my anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cortana doesn't remind my anymore: Cortana lists my reminders, but doesn't actually remind me when the time comes. Miss a lot of things because of this. How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-doesnt-remind-my-anymore/680d2d04-698c-4a35-89ea-2e668cacee04
  7. Cortana Calculator not working anymore

in Cortana
    Cortana Calculator not working anymore: Hello! Up until some days ago, I used the 2018 version of Windows 10, and I could do simple math calculations just by typing them in the search bar, but some days ago I've upgraded my PC and installed the 2019 version and now I can't use this feature anymore, instead I can...
  8. Search bar math

in Cortana
    Search bar math: I had previously quite liked being able to type simple math into the search bar and have Cortana conjure the answer. It seems that with the Search / Cortana split up that functionality is gone. Is there a setting I can change to get it back or should I roll back the update...
  9. Why Doesn't Cortana Sing Songs Anymore?

in Cortana
    Why Doesn't Cortana Sing Songs Anymore?: Every time I ask Cortana to sing me a song, she just pulls up a Bing search. This has only been recent, seeing as she would sing a song before today. However, now when I ask her to sing, she doesn't. I'm using Windows 10 and whenever I search to try to find answers, my...
  10. Windows Search Doesn't Suck Anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search Doesn't Suck Anymore: Search has been getting better and better with every version of Windows, but with 10, it’s it a place where it is legitimately awesome. It found what I was looking for, damn near first time — even if I mistyped the exact name of a file or app, something Windows 8 was always...