Windows 10: Cortana won't open programs

Discus and support Cortana won't open programs in Cortana to solve the problem; I upgraded my Windows 10 to version 2004. After that I open some apps from cortana. And after that I also updated cortana applications. After that I... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by kavishakrishanya, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Cortana won't open programs

I upgraded my Windows 10 to version 2004. After that I open some apps from cortana. And after that I also updated cortana applications. After that I can't open apps from cortana

:)

kavishakrishanya, Jun 24, 2020

2. cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Cortana won't open programs

Cortana won't open programs

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Are you trying to use Voice command to open programs in Cortana?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to use Cortana? If so, kindly provide us the exact error message.
    • Have you tried searching the program by typing it manually from Cortana?
    • What specific troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    We look forward to your response.

Monica Cam, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Cortana won't open programs

1. Cortana won't open programs - Similar Threads - Cortana won't open

2. Program won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program won't open: Hello,I have a program that won't open on Windows 10. After I double click to run it, it's process appears in the Task Manager, stays there for some 30 seconds or so and than disappears. The program's window never appears. Here are the details.1. The program is at least six...
  3. Search Not working and Cortana Won't Open

in Cortana
    Search Not working and Cortana Won't Open: Windows Search will not work on my computer. I cannot access Cortana settings. I cannot access the "about" screen to find out which version of windows 10 is running. I have reset the troubleshooting index for search. It does not find any known issues. Windows Updates...
  4. cortana won't open word

in Cortana
    cortana won't open word: I asked her to open word but she said sorry I can't help with that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-wont-open-word/735b3318-5d5a-4acc-a91d-8cd00968a407
  5. Cortana won't open any apps.

in Cortana
    Cortana won't open any apps.: I have an issue where Cortana won't do pretty much anything I say. All she does is just do bing searches, she cannot even set reminders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-wont-open-any-apps/f46b8441-d8b4-4de2-aa1b-a1c3e019da6f
  6. New Laptop but Cortana won't open

in Cortana
    New Laptop but Cortana won't open: When I click on the circle I get "This app can't open. Check the Windows Store for more info about Cortana." The Windows Store says it's installed but when I click "Launch" I get the same message....
  7. Cortana wont open programs anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana wont open programs anymore: Windows 10 home version 1909. All of a sudden Cortana won't open programs it used to. When I ask her to open something I get a "Something went wrong, Please try again later". It used to work fine. She'll do some things but opening programs she used to just doesnt work...
  8. Cortana No onger Opens Programs

in Cortana
    Cortana No onger Opens Programs: All of a sudden, with no changes that I have made, Cortana will not open programs, it functions normally otherwise, what can I do to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-no-onger-opens-programs/540ea9fd-6830-4f9c-8b12-ef09cf18e7ab"
  9. Cortana says it will open word, but won't

in Cortana
    Cortana says it will open word, but won't: *I have a system running with French as the main language, sentences I put here are translations* Hey, I've been toying with Cortana, and enabled 'Hey Cortana'. I've been trying to use it to open Microsoft Word 2016 lately, but witnessed something strange. At first I...
  10. Program won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program won't open: I have a program that I can't get to open. I tried a whole bunch of different things to solve it and nothing worked, so eventually I reinstalled Windows. That fixed it for a couple of weeks, but now it's back to not opening again. It shows up in Task Manager as a process...