Windows 10: cortana won't open word

Discus and support cortana won't open word in Cortana to solve the problem; I asked her to open word but she said sorry I can't help with that... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by SamFantastic, Jun 13, 2021.

1. cortana won't open word

I asked her to open word but she said sorry I can't help with that

:)

SamFantastic, Jun 13, 2021

2. cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 13, 2021
  3. My caps lock won t turn off

I'm typing a letter in word, it was fine then started using all caps it won t turn them the usual way

SallyGardner47, Jun 13, 2021
  4. tops Win User

cortana won't open word

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

cortana won't open word

1. cortana won't open word - Similar Threads - cortana won't open

2. Microsoft word won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft word won't open: Whenever I open Microsoft word on my Computer, it says "Word Couldn't start last time. Safe mode could help you troubleshoot the problem, but some features might not be available in the mode."When I say yes, it opens a completely blank word file, nowhere to type. If I try to...
  3. Microsoft word won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft word won't open: Whenever I open Microsoft word on my Computer, it says "Word Couldn't start last time. Safe mode could help you troubleshoot the problem, but some features might not be available in the mode."When I say yes, it opens a completely blank word file, nowhere to type. If I try to...
  4. Search Not working and Cortana Won't Open

in Cortana
    Search Not working and Cortana Won't Open: Windows Search will not work on my computer. I cannot access Cortana settings. I cannot access the "about" screen to find out which version of windows 10 is running. I have reset the troubleshooting index for search. It does not find any known issues. Windows Updates...
  5. New Laptop but Cortana won't open

in Cortana
    New Laptop but Cortana won't open: When I click on the circle I get "This app can't open. Check the Windows Store for more info about Cortana." The Windows Store says it's installed but when I click "Launch" I get the same message....
  6. Word and Word documents won't open properly

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word and Word documents won't open properly: Windows 10 Version 1903(OS build 18362.900 Hello everyone - my first time here :) I have Microsoft Office365 legitimately shared with me (via a link) from my son-in-law who has a subscription. I've had it on my PC for about 7 weeks and only been using Word which has been...
  7. Cortana won't open programs

in Cortana
    Cortana won't open programs: I upgraded my Windows 10 to version 2004. After that I open some apps from cortana. And after that I also updated cortana applications. After that I can't open apps from cortana...
  8. Word files won't open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Word files won't open: Hi, I have spent all day trying everything I can to get my Word files to open. Files opened last night, but none today. I click on a file and it has the little hourglass for about say 15 secs or so then just reverts to an arrow and nothing happens. I have tried Right...
  9. MS Word won't open

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS Word won't open: MS Word won't open any .doc or .docx files. It returns error messages as shown in the screen captures below. [img] [img] [img] 132927
  10. Cortana says it will open word, but won't

in Cortana
    Cortana says it will open word, but won't: *I have a system running with French as the main language, sentences I put here are translations* Hey, I've been toying with Cortana, and enabled 'Hey Cortana'. I've been trying to use it to open Microsoft Word 2016 lately, but witnessed something strange. At first I...