Windows 10: Cortana - wont play music through groove

Discus and support Cortana - wont play music through groove in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi microsoft. I have combed the searches for an hour now trying to get cortana to default to groove when i ask to play music from my library. Groove is... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Nanot3k, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Nanot3k Win User

Cortana - wont play music through groove

Hi microsoft. I have combed the searches for an hour now trying to get cortana to default to groove when i ask to play music from my library. Groove is all set up to play from my library and i can use cortana to "play music" once it's open but when i ask her to play a specific artist or song, she automatically opens the store to download iheartradio. I have seen a lot of questions posted regarding this issue and no one giving a thorough response/fix from your end. Please help with this feature because i was under the impression this was possible and its silly you guys cant respond with help.

:)

Nanot3k, Oct 30, 2018

2. Cortana wont play my music

Cortana wont play my music. It will bring up a search of "play my music" or "play radiohead". It can pause, play, and skip when music is playing. The permissions on the music folder are all set right, and the groove music app works fine.

MikeTreesap, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    Cortana won't play local music

Hi Joseph,

Cortana plays musics that are located in a folder where Groove is set to look for music. You can add more folders to it by following this steps:

• Open Groove Music.
    • Under Albums, click Choose where we look for music.
    • Click + to add a folder.
    • Browse for the folder that you wanted and click Add this folder to Music
      and Cortana will now play musics on the folder.

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Cortana - wont play music through groove

Groove Music Unable to Play Music

We'll try a different approach, we suggest that you reinstall Groove Music and see if it has the same issue. Follow the steps below on how to remove and reinstall Groove Music:

• Open Start menu, search for "PowerShell"
    • Right-click the PowerShell shortcut and select "Run as administrator". Agree to the UAC prompt.
    • Type/Copy paste Get-AppxPackage *zunemusic* | Remove-AppxPackage.
    • Once that Groove Music has been uninstalled, launch Windows 10 Store.
    • Type/Search for Groove Music and install.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Cortana - wont play music through groove

1. Cortana - wont play music through groove - Similar Threads - Cortana wont play

2. can cortana play music through youtube music?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can cortana play music through youtube music?: I am currently using windows 11 22H2 latest update as of today26 march 2023, I am trying to command cortana to play music but it says "I'm sorry, I can't control your music here."I currently have youtube music installed on my pc from microsoft edge by clicking"install youtube...
  3. can cortana play music through youtube music?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can cortana play music through youtube music?: I am currently using windows 11 22H2 latest update as of today26 march 2023, I am trying to command cortana to play music but it says "I'm sorry, I can't control your music here."I currently have youtube music installed on my pc from microsoft edge by clicking"install youtube...
  4. Is "recent plays" in Groove Music working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is "recent plays" in Groove Music working?: Im not seeing my recent plays from the otherday. I have lots of randomly named mp3's so this feature is very helpful when it works - any sort of history....
  5. Is "recent plays" in Groove Music working?

Is "recent plays" in Groove Music working?: Im not seeing my recent plays from the otherday. I have lots of randomly named mp3's so this feature is very helpful when it works - any sort of history....
  6. OGG files not playing in groove music

OGG files not playing in groove music: hello :so i was trying to listen to a game's songs from the files and they are all .ogg filesand when i open them in groove music it shows me an error code 0xc00d36c4 with a message saying the file type is unsupported even though it used to work beforeand yes i have checked...
  7. No audio will play without Groove Music

No audio will play without Groove Music: No audio will play from the computer speakers from any application unless a track is also playing in Groove Music. One I start a track in groove music audio from any other application will suddenly play. Once the audio is going I can turn off groove music and the audio will...
  8. groove music player to play music through google hangouts

in Windows 10 Customization
    groove music player to play music through google hangouts: Hi, On My new June 2020 HP laptop windows 10 -I want to use google Hangouts or Skype to Teach English Language, BUT I need to share the screen and play audio track from my computer SO THE STUDENTS CAN HEAR IT, Mp3 tracks and When we watch something on Youtube for example....
  9. Cortana doesn’t want to play music using Groove

in Cortana
    Cortana doesn’t want to play music using Groove: I ask Cortana to play music from my library where I set up Groove as a default. But when I ask to play a specific artist or a song, Cortana sends me to the Store to download this music. I have this music on my PC...
  10. Groove Music. Play All/Play Once

Groove Music. Play All/Play Once: How do I switch between these options? New to GM and it insists on playing all. Pop says "Play All" but no indication as to how to switch to play once. To the point and simple please; Thanks, Don...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana wont play music on groove

2. get cortana to play music on groove

3. why cortana doent play music on groove

4. play music from library with cortana,
  5. using cortana with groove,
  6. windows 10 cortana groove music not supported,
  7. cortana says groove music is not currently supported,
  8. cortana play music from groove,
  9. how can cortana play songs from groove music,
  10. cortana wont play my music,
  11. support groove music to cotana,