Windows 10: Cortana Won't Show any Search Previews. (And is Windows 1904 even a thing yet?)

Discus and support Cortana Won't Show any Search Previews. (And is Windows 1904 even a thing yet?) in Cortana to solve the problem; I was curious about updating my computer to Windows 1904, because I have heard of it on the web, yet my computer in on 1809 and it's "up to date." I... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ArturoTGN, May 8, 2019.

1. ArturoTGN Win User

Cortana Won't Show any Search Previews. (And is Windows 1904 even a thing yet?)

I was curious about updating my computer to Windows 1904, because I have heard of it on the web, yet my computer in on 1809 and it's "up to date." I asked Cortana about Updating to Windows 1904, but no previews appear, and pressing enter won't open up my browser. Yesterday the same thing happened to whatever I asked Cortana to search on the web, so now I'm asking why Cortana isn't working right. I'd appreciate some support. Oh, and as a bonus question; can anyone tell me about Updating to Windows 1904? Sorry about asking about updates on the Cortana topic.Cortana Won't Show any Search Previews. (And is Windows 1904 even a thing yet?) [​IMG]

:)

ArturoTGN, May 8, 2019

2. cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 8, 2019
  3. Try0x101 Win User
    Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

Cortana Won't Show any Search Previews. (And is Windows 1904 even a thing yet?) [​IMG]

Try0x101, May 8, 2019
  4. Cortana Won't Show any Search Previews. (And is Windows 1904 even a thing yet?)

Trouble with search bar (won´t find data)

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the search and indexing troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button and click on Control Panel.
    • Click on the Indexing Options.
    • Click on the Troubleshoot search and indexing.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption. SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

Follow the below steps:

• Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press
      ENTER
      :
    sfc /scannow

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, May 8, 2019
Thema:

Cortana Won't Show any Search Previews. (And is Windows 1904 even a thing yet?)

1. Cortana Won't Show any Search Previews. (And is Windows 1904 even a thing yet?) - Similar Threads - Cortana Won't Show

2. Search is not showing some things

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search is not showing some things: I notrice today that if I search something like discord it will only show but won't open. After restarting it is now only showing web results what happened?...
  3. Search is not showing some things

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search is not showing some things: I notrice today that if I search something like discord it will only show but won't open. After restarting it is now only showing web results what happened?...
  4. Search is not showing some things

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Search is not showing some things

in Cortana
    Search is not showing some things: I noticed today that when I search on windows 10 for example, Better Discord or Ds4 it used to show up with the app and I could open it and run it, but now even though they are both still on my system they don't show up when I search and only show web results instead....
  6. Search is not showing some things

Search is not showing some things: I noticed today that when I search on windows 10 for example, Better Discord or Ds4 it used to show up with the app and I could open it and run it, but now even though they are both still on my system they don't show up when I search and only show web results instead....
  7. Search is not showing some things

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. windows explorer search won't show any results

in Cortana
    windows explorer search won't show any results: Windows explorer search won't show any results. I've tried the 10 step method listed in the web search. no luck. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-search-wont-show-any-results/efa2a09c-efbd-48bb-a0d7-df4f30f000f4
  9. Strange thing on the cortana search bar

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Strange thing on the cortana search bar: I don't know why when i wanted to search an app in the search bar, the icons and text don't align normally. And I don't know what to do to fix it! Here's the pic: [ATTACH]...
  10. Cortana/Search won't work

Cortana/Search won't work: Hey, search box a.k.a cortana isn't working. I tried the method with task manager to end the process but it isn't working. Anyone has any ideas how can i make this work? Thanks 19463

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana previews arent working

2. my windows cortana search bar wont show previews

3. preview results wont show cortana