Windows 10: Cortana won't stay signed in after I shut down my computer and restart it at a later time

Discus and support Cortana won't stay signed in after I shut down my computer and restart it at a later time in Cortana to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 with the 2004 update. I can't stay signed into Cortana after I shut the computer down. Every time I start it up, I have to sign in... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Billyv1988, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Cortana won't stay signed in after I shut down my computer and restart it at a later time

I have Windows 10 with the 2004 update. I can't stay signed into Cortana after I shut the computer down. Every time I start it up, I have to sign in again.

Is there any way to fix this?

:)

Billyv1988, Oct 3, 2020

2. cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 3, 2020
  3. ilgoldman Win User
    Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Cortana won't stay signed in after I shut down my computer and restart it at a later time :confused:*Mad Cortana won't stay signed in after I shut down my computer and restart it at a later time :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Cortana won't stay signed in after I shut down my computer and restart it at a later time

after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

radelovrić, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

Cortana won't stay signed in after I shut down my computer and restart it at a later time

1. Cortana won't stay signed in after I shut down my computer and restart it at a later time - Similar Threads - Cortana won't stay

2. When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting...: When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting down.../restarting..." screen and gets stuckthe only work around is if windows needs to restart for an update, or physically turning off the pc and turning it on again with the power button....
  3. When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting...: When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting down.../restarting..." screen and gets stuckthe only work around is if windows needs to restart for an update, or physically turning off the pc and turning it on again with the power button....
  4. When restarting or shutting down, the computer stays loading on the "shutting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer won't shut down - It restarts five minutes later

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't shut down - It restarts five minutes later: I've been having issues with my computer. Two weeks ago, my computer was taking a long, long time to start up after it updated something. The start up problem was finally fixed by a local tech support company's technician when he reverted my Windows back to version Windows...
  6. Computer won't shut down - It restarts five minutes later

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won't shut down - It restarts five minutes later: I've been having issues with my computer. Two weeks ago, my computer was taking a long, long time to start up after it updated something. The start up problem was finally fixed by a local tech support company's technician when he reverted my Windows back to version Windows...
  7. Computer won't shut down - It restarts five minutes later

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Computer Stays On After Windows Shuts Down

Computer Stays On After Windows Shuts Down: Recently, my computer no longer completely shuts down after using the Windows Start Menu / Power / Shut Down option. Windows shuts down, the screen goes blank but the computer stays on i.e. power light is on and fans are running. Here's what I've done so far to try to fix:...
  9. Computer Will not stay Shut-down

Computer Will not stay Shut-down: Hi all, My PC shuts down normallyEdit : I mean fans,screen,keyboard lights,HDD and Power light, all turn off , but after 5 Seconds it will start by itself this goes also fro sleep and hibernate I have tried the following methods to resolve the issue but to no avail : 1...
  10. Sign-In Options won't stay down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sign-In Options won't stay down: So, recently, my computer updated and now when I open my computer, the sign-in options keep showing up it looks like the photo I attached to this question. It's very annoying and I can't find anything in settings to fix it. What do I do? [ATTACH]...